I'm Sorry I Forgot!

I'm Sorry I Forgot!

“12:57 pm” the bright phone screen read.

He scrolled down to see the notifications, heart nearly stopping at all the text messages- some with a few choice words.

Oh he is so dead.

 

Taehyung groaned and threw his phone somewhere across the bed and flung himself back into his soft pillowy heaven, groaning even louder when a loud “thunk” was heard.  He threw his warm covers off in defeat to get up and find where he catapulted his phone to, ruffling his hair along the way.  

 

He spots the shiny metal next to his dresser and reaches down to pick it up, but the sudden buzzing that emits from the phone makes him fling his hands back in shock and an incoming sense of dread begins to fill his chest.

 

He reaches out tentatively and heaves a deep sigh when he sees the picture of the caller, the childishly grinning face of his lover a stark contrast from the upcoming words he knows is sure to ensue.

 

“...hey kookie”

Silence.

“Kooki-”

“You said you were going to be here.”

Taehyung gulps. “i - i know, I just...um, I ran into this really cute cat on the way there? I mean, it was just so cute and fluffy and it meowed at me and I swear it was begging me to pet it and you know i can’t leave a kitty hanging like that Jungkook you know me hahaha…” his unconvincing words are left hanging as he listens to the unresponsive static on the other side.

 

Taehyung was sweating now.

“Kook-”

“Hyung, don’t give me that bull. You’re probably still in bed aren’t you? Hyung, I’ve been waiting for almost an hour now, I can’t believe you left me hanging again!”

“Kookie I-”

“Didn’t you say you would stop playing video games until god knows what time in the morning?  You promised that you wouldn’t be late for our date today.”

 

The disappointment was practically dripping from Jungkook’s words and now, Taehyung was feeling guilty. Oh so guilty.

 

“Hey, in my defense I was about to beat the final boss and win the whole game, you can’t expect me to just wave a white flag and say ‘hey monster, let’s pause this death-battle and wait till the morning when I’m all fresh and awake’ can you?”

 

Taehyung should honestly learn when to shut his uncontrollable mouth up.

Well,” Jungkook began, and Taehyung fidgets at his tone, “in my defense my lover promised me a date at exactly 12:00 and oh, what time is it now?”

“Umm...not twelve?” Oh god, where was the ing duct tape to tape his mouth shut.

“Exactly. I’m glad we’re on the same page there at least.” Jungkook says with sarcasm.

 

Furthermore,” Taehyung really hates how he’s emphasizing every other word, “it’s not like I’ve been camped out right in the middle of this tiny cafe, and it’s not like I’ve ordered five caramel macchiatos, and people have definitely not been staring at me and whispering about my set up .”

Taehyung was swimming in regret now.

“Kookie I’m so sorry I completely lost track of time and-”

He gets interrupted for the millionth time that day.

 

“Save it, i’m going to your house.”

With that, he hangs up and Taehyung is forced to stare at his blank screen and stare at his (terrified) face.

 

“Holy ” Taehyung whispers and immediately flies to get dressed and think of a way to save his very dead .


 

-----------------------------

 

Jungkook hangs up and a cheshire cat-like grin spreads across his face.

 

He relishes in his good acting skills and gives himself a small pat on the back for fooling Taehyung into thinking he was really angry at him.  Which he was, of course, but not as badly as he made it seem. Just a little.

Maybe this will teach him a lesson, he thought.

 

In reality, though, it was very hard for Jungkook to stay mad at Taehyung for anything, especially when Taehyung is so quick to please and envelopes him in tight hugs, stating that he will not let go unless he is forgiven- which, most of the time, he is.

 

Jungkook curses Taehyung for being so loveable and cute.

 

He can’t wait to see him and make up so he can kiss him again.

 

-----------------------------

 

It was nighttime and Taehyung was lighting the last candle in his living room when he heard the doorknob turn, and he panics before remembering that Jungkook has a key to his apartment.

 

He holds his breath as the door swings open, revealing a very hot and very bothered Jeon Jungkook.  

 

He takes a deep breath and musters the calmest, most apologetically sultry face- if that was even possible- turning towards Jungkook and opens his mouth to say something, pausing only when he takes note of Jungkook’s gaping mouth and catches his eyes drifting across his body.

 

Taehyung smirks.

So far, so good.

 

He thinks back to when he was rushing to his closet to get dressed, quickly grabbing his shorts that end just a little too short and throwing on an oversized white sweater with the signature holes around the neckline. Complete with his straight-out-of-bed hair, he looked perfectly- well- desirable.

 

Jungkook can’t not forgive me with this outfit, he thinks to himself with a smug look on his face.

 

------

 

Jungkook was having major inner turmoil. He didn’t know what to expect when he swung open the apartment door, but it was certainly not a tempting, very much underdressed Taehyung greeting him with a look on his face. He gulped inaudibly when his eyes lift from Taehyung’s long, slender legs and land on the holes in Taehyung’s sweater that showed the slightest hints of smooth, golden skin, just begging to be kissed. He tears his eyes away to meet Taehyung’s eyes when he hears him clear his throat, his own eyes immediately snapping out of its hooded state.

 

“Uhm, Jungkook, I know you’re still mad at me-”

Oh right, he was supposed to be mad.
“-but I’m really sorry for forgetting about our date and I know you probably won’t forgive me but I set up a movie for us and ordered our favorite pizza-I mean, I tried cooking something but I almost blew up the stove haha…” he takes in Jungkook’s unreadable expression and decides to continue, “I just, um… I... ”

 

Oh it.

 

“Iloveyousomuchcanyoupleaseforgiveme please please please ijustwannacuddlewithyouand-”

Jungkook finally breaks and surges towards Taehyung’s already magnetic aura, taking his face gently in his hands before connecting their lips together.

 

Taehyung lets out a noise of surprise before closing his eyes and reaching to thread his fingers through Jungkooks perfectly styled black hair, something he knows Jungkook is loves, and tilts his head to deepen the kiss. Jungkook complies easily and goes in for more before suddenly pulling away, causing Taehyung to lean in, searching for Jungkook’s lips again.

 

Taehyung lets out a sigh and slowly opens his eyes and rests the top of his head on Jungkook’s chest, staring down at their two feet aligned perfectly with each other.

“Do you forgive me?” He asks quietly.

He feels Jungkook begin to shake and looks up with questioning eyes.

Jungkook is struggling to hold back laughter, but his dancing eyes give everything away. “Hyung, I was never angry in the first place,” he laughs and Taehyung’s mouth drops open.

 

“YOU ”

 

Jungkook yelps as a slap lands on his arm and he cackles as he runs towards the couch, feebly attempting to counter Taehyung’s attacks. He makes it half way across the room before he jumps on the couch and reaches to pull Taehyung down into his arm, Taehyung falling with a graceful ‘oomph’.  After a bit of struggle they both relax as they adjust themselves against the other, with Taehyung’s side pressed and leaning against Jungkook’s, the only sound in the room being their ragged breaths.

 

Jungkook breaks the silence first.

“Hyung, you know I could never stay angry at you, right? Just...next time, don’t leave me hanging on a date like some loser.”

 

Taehyung nods slightly and intertwines their fingers.

“Who cares if you’re a loser? But..” he quickly adds as Jungkook gives him a glare, “I’ll remember our date next time, I promise.”

 

“That’s what you said last time and look what happened.” Ok, Jungkook might be a tad bit bitter about the date.

“But..” he continues, “I might believe you...if you do something.”

Taehyung’s face lights up at that. “What is it? I’ll do it!”

 

Jungkook smirks.

“Kiss me,”

Taehyung immediately reaches for his face, but Jungkook pushes his hands away.

After you say, ‘Jungkook is the best boyfriend I could ever possibly wish for and I’m a big idiot for playing games when I have a real life boyfriend who could play even better games with me.” He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.


Taehyung frowns. No way in hell was he ever going to say that.

He takes a deep breath.

“Jungkook is the best boyfriend in the world but if I were to choose between him and video games I would still choose video games,” and before Jungkook can voice his thoughts, Taehyung grabs his face- succeeding this time- and crashes their mouth together into a deep kiss, sneaking in a little tongue.

 

Jungkook grunts, but finally closes his eyes in defeat and drinks in the feeling of their mouths against each other, pulling away only to take in some more air.  

He is met with a rosy cheeked Taehyung, complete with swollen lips and hooded eyes, and never has he wanted him more.

 

“Just kidding,” Taehyung whispers against Jungkook’s lips as he stares into his eyes, breaking out into a wide grin, eyes crinkling into small slits.

 

Jungkook huffs in mock annoyance, and he makes for pulling Taehyung in for a kiss again, but as Taehyung leans in, he sits up abruptly, causing Taehyung to lose his balance and fall face first into the cushion.  

 

“Boy am I famished! Hyung! Didn’t you say you ordered pizza? I’ll go get it for us!”

He walks away, practically skipping, and grins as he hears Taehyung whine from behind him.

 

He loves Taehyung, he really does, but sometimes he likes teasing him even more.