The Bringer of Troubles

Guardian Angel
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nichkhun flew through the hallways, heels barely skidding across the sleek surface of the waxed floor. Taecyeon hurried along beside him, eyes wild, a grin barely gracing his face- 'Trying to be cheerful and positive even now... No wonder his guardian angel is so captivated with him...'  Nichkhun hid a smirk as he rushed by bustling crowds of sweaty bodies grinding against each other, the music blaring obnoxiously loud- not that the clubbers cared. The vibrations from the speakers resounded through the two males' bodies as they slipped and weaved in and out of the mass of dancing bodies. The song pouring into the dancers' bodies was nice and loud-

Loud enough to conceal the angry screeches of Taecyeon's crazy ex-girlfriend currently chasing Taecyeon and him now.

Nichkhun brushed past a girl in a bright red dress, a dragon tattoo curling around her right shoulder. As he passed, he grinned, pearly whites apologetic- in contrast with his nearly delirious eyes. Taecyeon stumbled after his friend, bowing his head towards the girl's boyfriend- or hook-up. 

"Dang... Oops sorry about that- How do you think she even found me? What kind of coincidence is it that she was in the same club as us, at the same time, at the same spot- mingling with the same crowd???"

Nichkhun huffed, pulling the 6' 1 giant out of the tight shroud of bodies. 

"I don't really know. All I know is that she is not really mentally stable right now- you're in serious danger, dude." 

Taecyeon uttered a half-hearted quick, sarcastic thanks under his breath as he quickly regained his footing and briskly headed towards the club exit. Nichkhun paused for the briefest of moments to shoot a glance up towards the bright, colorful lights flashing downwards onto the dance floor before jogging towards the fresh night breeze. 

~ Up Above, In the Clouds~

An angel with drooping wings wrung his pale hands together in a show of nervousness as he gazed down at Earth. And almost stared a hole right through the cloud- at the two moving heads moving up and down as they ran for the exit. Those two always caused so much trouble... And Nichkhun... Taecyeon always attracted such interesting people- it was inevitable that he attracted troublesome people too. 

If only it wasn't for his handsome face. 

And that cheeky grin, flaming charisma, dorky personality, those gleaming white teeth that appeared whenever he was feeling sheepish, sincere black eyes, and the fact that Taecyeon wore his heart on his sleeve- Wooyoung swears that Taecyeon would've been dead ten times over by now. 

Not excluding the fact that Wooyoung was Taecyeon's guardian angel, and it was literally his duty to protect Taecyeon from situations that threatened the innocent man-child. Speaking of which... Taecyeon was already in a sticky situation.

Wooyoung softly groaned, his elbow digging into the puffy, white cloud he was perched on in a show of despair. 

"My human got himself into trouble again..." A mop of bright red hair popped up from the array of fluffy clouds. A playful grin curled at the corners of Junho's mouth as a sigh rumbled past his thin lips.

"Again? This has got to be like- the sixth time this week! And it's only Friday!" despite Junho's sympathetic words, his teasing tone revealed how amused he truly was at Wooyoung's predicament. Wooyoung nearly frowned. He had to go down to earth a total of six times this week- and it was taking a toll on his ability to mask his angelic form to the humans as he saved Taecyeon from his ridiculous scenarios. A pout decorated Wooyoung's face as his delicate wings gradually lost their vibrancy and shrank smoothly into Wooyoung's back. The guardian angel shifted uncomfortably, back itching from the transition. As Junho watched, his formerly gleaming and amused eyes lost their shine and instead flashed with worry when Wooyoung softly groaned. 

"Will you be okay with having to shift so much? Taecyeon isn't going to die in this scenario no matter the outcome- and you weren't even issued the order to help. I have never seen such a committed guardian angel before."

Wooyoung's pale face flushed, his halo dimming before vanishing. As the hea

Please log in to read the full chapter