Chapter - 11

Is That Him

“Sunbae, Soohyun told me that you never bring any girl here before? Waeyo sunbae?” Jihyo breaks the silent.

“They are too loud. They scream and cheer with all their might.” Gary says. He hates it the most when girls make noise when he is playing. It is true that, supporters are needed, but he just doesn’t like to have girl around the field during practice.

“Then, why did you bring me come along sunbae?” Jihyo looks at Gary, Gary’s eyes is still focus on the field. “Because, you’re my slave. Besides, I have no other girl to bring along.” Gary says then turns his head to Jihyo. Jihyo feels something twist in her heart when Gary says he has no other girls to bring to the field. She feels some flowers might be blossom in her heart.

“Let’s go. I’m tired.” Gary stands and hands Jihyo his bottle. “Sunbae, your jacket.” Jihyo hands Gary’s jacket. Gary looks at his jacket then looks at Jihyo. “Are you planning to seduce me?” Gary walks forward and bents a little that make the gap between them narrower. “What do you mean sunbae?” Jihyo is stuttering. She stops Gary from coming any further by placing her hands on Gary’s chest.

“What do you mean sunbae?” Gary is mocking Jihyo before continue, “If you’re not planning to seduce me then why you hand back me my jacket. You will need them in my car.” Gary is referring the jacket  to cover Jihyo’s exposure thigh when she sits in his car soon.

“Ohh, I have never had a though to seduce you at all sunbae.” Jihyo says with her annoyed face. “Besides, I had never sees you as a man.” Jihyo says and Gary back off. His playful and naughty smiles gone by that word. Jihyo doesn’t realise it as she facing the field and folds her arms together. She turns to look at Gary when he reaches his bag and walks away.

Jihyo runs after him. “Sunbae, don’t you said just now, you will send me home. Then, wait for me.” Jihyo blaming herself for wearing dress which makes she hards to run. Jihyo bumps on Gary’s back as he stops suddenly. He turns and looks at Jihyo then get into the car.

“Have you never at all? Even only for one time?” Gary suddenly asks her after a moment. There are silent between them before Jihyo answer. “There was time when I thought that you’re cool.” Jihyo trying to hide her nervousness. She looks at the outside views and hopes that she is not blushing. There is silent for one more time and make Jihyo become more awkward.

“When?” Gary asks when the car stops at the traffic light. Gary step on the gas before Jihyo answer. “The first day I saw you.” Jihyo says as she rewind the very first time when she saw Gary. It is the day when she first time feels something weird twisting in her heart that make she hard to breath. She must thanks Kwangsoo for some reason.

***

They reach Kwangsoo’s house and as Gary about to leave, he sees Mrs. Lee is coming from the house. He steps out of the car and greet Mrs. Lee.

“Annyeonghaesayo Mrs. Lee. I’m Kang Gary, Jihyo’s friend. I’m sorry for not introduce myself appropriately to you last time. I was in hurry.” Gary says and bows to Mrs Lee. Jihyo shocks at first when Gary greets Mrs. Lee. “Yee..yee.. it’s ok Gary-ah, it is better late than never. Come inside Gary-ah. Let’s have dinner together.” Mrs Lee reaches for at Gary’s arm.

“I would like to Mrs Lee. But I come from my soccer practice, so my condition not that good to have a dinner with you. Besides I came just to send Jihyo home. Maybe next time Mrs Lee.” Gary says and smiles at Mrs Lee. He suddenly misses his mom at Canada.

“Ahh, what a waste. We should have dinner together. Arasso, maybe next time. You had promised me. Make sure you make it next time.” Mrs Lee says and pats Gary’s shoulder softly. “Nae Mrs. Lee. Then, I’ll take my leave.” Gary says and bows. He gets into the cars and drive away.

“How come you didn’t tell me that you already have a namjachingu? My sister must be happy to know this.” Mrs. Lee says to Jihyo as they wave at Gary. “Dugu? Sunbae? Aniyo aunty. We’re not in that kind of relationship?” Jihyo shocks at Mrs. Lee statement. They walk into the house. “Aigoo, my niece now know how to lie.” Mrs Lee is walking to the kitchen. Jihyo follows Mrs. Lee and sits on the chair at the dining table.

“Chincha aunty. We’re not in that kind of relationship.” Jihyo tries to make Mrs. Lee believes her. “Then, what kind of relationship are you?” Mrs. Lee asks and Jihyo silent at that question. Mrs. Lee takes some ingredients from the fridge to cook for dinner. She sits facing Jihyo and peels the onions. “Jihyo-ah, I have life for years. I can see from the way you look at him just now. Besides, what kind of relationship are you till he sends you home every evening? That you call every night just to update what you’re doing?” Mrs. Lee says as she still focusing on the onions.

“ohh, how did you know aunt?” Jihyo cover with her hand as she shocks. How did her aunt know all that. “Jihyo-ah, actions speak louder than word. It is ok to fall in love. You had reaches that age to know what is love. I’m sure your parents will also happy if they know someone is there for their daughter. It’s up to you. Follow your heart.”

Mrs. Lee gets up to the sinks. “Go rest Jihyo-ah. The dinner will be ready.” Mrs. Lee says and Jihyo gets up from her sits and heads to her room. As she about to climb the stairs, Mrs. Lee calls her. “Jihyo-ah, always listen to your heart. Only you, yourself know what you really want.”

***

“Hyung! What are you thinking? We’re supposes to have fun tonight.” Haha says then sits beside Gary. They are at XZ club. Haha has to raise his voice to defeat the music. Jongkook couldn’t join them as he helps his brother to make preparations for his brother engagement.

“I’m not in mood to have fun.” Gary says and grabs his drink. “Wae? Everything is here. Women. Drinks.” Haha complains at Gary then smiles at Gary. “What?” Gary asks when Haha smile sheepishly. “I know what is not here. Loud ahjumma is not here.” Haha says and claps his hands.

Gary punches Haha’s shoulder softly. “What is your point? Besides, she is Song Jihyo not the loud ahjumma.” Gary glares at Haha. “Oyy..oyy.. something is fishy here. Why do you have to defend her? Aigoo.” Haha laughs at Gary.

“What is fishy? Anybody sells fish here? Ok, forget it. It is a lame joke.” A man with black t-shirt approaches then sit next to Haha. It is Gill, Gary cousin. Gill has already graduates and owns a singing company. His parents are well-known in the singing industry.

 “Ohh hyung.” Haha gives a brother hug to Gill. “It is Gary hyung. He is falling in love.” Haha says to Gill and Gill looks at Gary. “Yahh Gary-ah, chincha?” Gill seeks for the truth. “Aniyo hyung. Haha likes to make story. He is ly..” Gary didn’t manage to finish his word when his phone is ringing. He looks at the caller ID, it is Jihyo. “I have to take this call, excuse me.” Gary says and walks out of the club.

“What?” Gary says as he answers the call. “Can’t you just be a little bit gentle when answer the call? Someone might just die due to heart attack.” Gary smiles to hear Jihyo complains. “What do you want?” Gary asks for one more time. “Nothing, I just feel it weird because you not call me. Where are you? What are you doing?” Jihyo asks as she hears some loud music.

“I’m at the club. You must be misses me a lot right?” Gary teases Jihyo. “Club? Are there many girls?” Jihyo ignores Gary tease. “There’s a lot hot girl here.” “Is that so? Ohh, then have fun sunbae.” “Ohh ok, good night.” Gary then ends the calls. He smiles along his way back to the club.

“Only a phone call can make my cousin smile like a crazy person? Whoaaa, that girls must have magic power that make Kang Gary smiles this way.” Gill says to Gary as he comes from his phone calls. “Didn’t I tell you hyung?” Haha says then heads to the dance floor.

“Aniyo hyung. Nothing is between us.” Gill moves to sit next to Gary. He wraps his hand around Gary’s shoulder. “Gary-ah, you should thank to the light that make we cannot look at your blushing face.”

***

“Hello..hello..sunbae…hello..” Jihyo stills want to talk to Gary. It has been their routine to call every night. It is always Gary who calls Jihyo. But, tonight he didn’t call and make Jihyo decides to calls him. And what did she gets from the calls is only the feeling of annoyed.

Jihyo is turning on her bed. She still couldn’t sleep after she talks to Gary. After the calls, she drinks a lot of water trying to calm down. At some point, she feels angry at Gary. “Am I jealous? Why I’m jealous? We’re not in a relationship to be jealous.” Jihyo fans herself then reaches her phone. She stares at her phone as she hopes Gary will call her back. She throws her phone to the bed.

Her phone rings. She sits up straight and reaches her phone in hurry. She looks at the caller ID and disappointed. It is Byul. “Ohh Byul-ah.” Jihyo answers the call with a low voice. “Ohh Jihyo-ah. Is there something happen?” Byul asks with her concern voice. “Nothing. What’s up?” Jihyo changes the topic.

“Ohh, I want to ask for you to accompany me tomorrow, to go to Prof Yoo’s room. There something regarding the topic we learn that I want to ask him. I’m afraid that I’ll forget tomorrow, that why I call you tonight. I’m afraid you has plan with Gary oppa.” Byul says while marks the pages that she needs further explanation from Prof Yoo.

“Ohh, ok. I have no plan tomorrow. I’ll tell sunbae that I’ll come with you. See you tomorrow Byul-ah. Goodnight.” Jihyo says as she yawns. “Ohh Jihyo-ah. Good night. Thank you.” “No need to mention it.” Jihyo says then ends the calls.

She was about to doze off when her phone beep. She receives a message. It is from Gary. ‘I’m just reaches home. Good night. Don’t forget my caramel macchiato tomorrow.’ Jihyo reads the message and smiles then feels angry.

“Like I care that you reaches home or not. Why asks me to give his caramel macchiato? Why doesn’t he asks any HOT girl from the club.” Jihyo press the word hot girl. She is talking to herself then, calming herself and dozes off.

 

 

Here is the update, hope you're enjoying it. Thank you for all the comments. A little bit reminder, be strong shippers until June. I know you miss them, so do I. Keep on believe.