Mad Hatter

Bad Man

I've been in the White for as long as I can remember. Mom and dad had put me in here to 'learn' after i told them a few times that there was a man standing beside me telling me rude things. I don't know what I have to learn though. The people in the White don't teach me anything, they just ask me questions about the bad man. And sometimes during those questions the bad man starts saying things about the people in White and tell me I'm crazy. When I argue with him, more people in White come in and stick something in me and I sleep. Every time I have to go in for Question Time, a new person in White is there to greet me and ask the questions.


It gets boring though so sometimes I say what the bad man says. Sometimes the person gets scared of what I say, I don't know why though.
Today was Question day again. A new pretty girl came in, her white dress shorter than the others I've seen. She smiled at me with a weird look in her eyes as she set the tray of breakfast on the rolling table. She then moved over to me, yanking the sheets off of me.


"Get up, Park," she demanded. I quickly got up, blinking at her tone.  She pointed to the table of food, making a sign to sit down. I obeyed obediently.
"You are new?" I asked, picking up the chopsticks.


She threw a glare at me as she sat I  the corner near the door. She crossed her legs and folded her arms. "Don't talk to me. I'm just here to observe you and make sure you eat before taking you to doctor Min."


"Oh? Doctor? Am I sick?" I asked, looking at her curiously.


She rolled her eyes. "Why the hell do think you're in a men-"


"Ms. Kim, I think that's enough," someone said through the door. The girl sat back with a huff. A man opened the door, wearing a long white coat and gestured for her to leave. He closed the door behind her and turned to me. He was really handsome, maybe one of the handsomest of the Whites I've seen. His hair was blonde and his dark eyes flickered between me and the food on the tray. He was about my height, maybe shorter.


"Hello, Jimin, I'm Mr. Min," he bowed and smiled. Automatically I smiled back, heat rising to my cheeks. I looked down at my lap shyly.


"I'm sorry to interrupt your breakfast but I wanted to get to know you a little before our session," he continued.


"You're my Question person?" I asked, glancing at him from under my lashes. Mr. Min nodded, pulling the chair from the corner to the front of the table. He picked up the chopsticks and held them out to me.


"Eat, Jimin, you need it. You're so skinny."


"You are too," I retorted, pouting and taking the utensils from him. He watched me eat for a while, his hands cupping his chin.


"How old are you, Jimin?"


I blinked at him, pursing my lips. "I don't know, the bad man says I'm in my twenties sometimes or calls me a five year old."


Mr. Min leaned back in his chair. "How long have you been here?"


"Dunno," I shrugged, scooping up the last bit of eggs. "What about you?" I asked boldly. I felt my cheeks get hot again when his eyes met mine but stubbornly refused to look away.


"I'm twenty-two," he answered. "I haven't been here long."


I nodded, smiling widely at him. Ge took the tray and murmured that he'd be right back, leaving the room. I moved back to the bed, sitting against the wall. Mr. Min came back a few minutes later, smiling and satin the chair again.


"Is it Question Time?" I asked.


He nodded, taking out a clipboard that held the questions.


"The bad man, as you call him, have you ever seen him?"


I shook my head. "Only a shadow."


"What does he say to you?"


"That this is a bad place and that I shouldn't be here. He hates the people in White. He says mean things about them."


Mr. Min shifted in his chair. "Why does he hate it so much?" A soft banging was coming from outside my room that distracted me. He repeated the question after it stopped.


"I don't know. When momma dropped me off here, he threw everything. The bed, the table, the food. He was really mad."


The banging came again, louder this time. I ignored it, looking at the handsome man in front of me. A small smile was starting to form on his lips.


"What did he do to calm himself?" It was an odd question, one I haven't had before. It made me pause in my answers, thinking back to the first time I had come here.


"He kissed me, I think," I finally answered. "I don't know for sure though, but I always feel something press against my mouth before he calms down."


The banging got louder and louder and I could hear voices screaming outside the door. All that was ignored when Mr. Min suddenly got up and walked over to me. He put two fingers under my chin, lifting my face up. He brought his face closer, our noses touching and our breaths merging together. The door to my room slung open.


"Like this?" He asked and his lips were on  mine. The familiar touch sent tingles down my spine. Then everything went black.