005 (Umma)

Growing Pains

KiHyun both is and isn’t surprisingly slow to notice.

Despite the half-serious raised eyebrow he gave Hyunwu when he saw them in bed together, he never actually suspected…

Or maybe he did suspect it once or twice.

Maybe MinHyuk had made a few off-handed comments about it when they were alone and maybe KiHyun had asked something about HyungWon (just to the room at large) and been surprised when Hyunwu knew the answer every time.

Maybe he’d taken their relationship for granted, had written off and overlooked certain things as just their special brand of oddness–

Monsta X wasn’t known for being a very ‘normal’ group after all, so…

And they were all close and they were all a little weird, but maybe what was happening between the two tallest members of the group was more than that.

Maybe Hyunwu did talk and laugh a bit more with HyungWon around and maybe he did pay a lot of attention to him and maybe there was something to the way that they watched and challenged each other.

Maybe despite the jokes about KiHyun and ShowNu being the Umma and the Appa of the group, the person that Hyunwu trusted most was the Baby King.

And maybe the strangest part of it was that it wasn’t strange at all.