Advertisment Calls

Can I Believe In You?

Jiyeon POV

 

“That jerk! How dare he!” I stormed into my house and slammed the door shut. “Fine, be like that! You left without a word and changed to a jerk who thinks he’s all that great!” I took off my shoes harshly.

“Jiyeon, what happened?” mom came from the kitchen and asked me.

“Ani,” I quickly lied and realized that mom was home. “By the way, you brought a lot of groceries, were you able to carry them all?” I asked her looking at our table all filled up.

“Ani, I had help from the market’s fisherman’s son and then the mailman. I was about to ask a youngster for help but he ran away. I think I scared him.” Mom said and laughed.

“Mom, the next time you go and buy groceries, make sure I’m going with you. What if you don’t have anyone to help you then huh?” I asked her and went to help her in the kitchen.

+++

Flashback:

 

“Myungsoo!” I looked up shock to see him.

It’s been forever! He’s gotten so much more mature looking. I can’t believe it’s him. He’s finally showing up!

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He said and then left me there.

“Wait!” I stood up and followed after him. “Myungsoo, it’s you! I know it’s you!” I grabbed onto him.

“Let me go,” he said to me coldly. “I don’t think we’re that close for you to be acting like that to me.” he told me.

I unwillingly let him go and took a good look at him. It’s impossible that he’s not Myungsoo. Everything about him resembles Myungsoo.

“Don’t you want to meet Grandma Kim and Grandpa Kim?” I asked him.

I saw him twitch slightly and felt reassured for some reason.

“I said I don’t know.” He then turned and faced me. “Are you perhaps going through those love at first sight thing? Is that why you’re trying to use such a lame pick up line on me?” he smirked walking towards me.

“Y-Yah you jerk!” I backed away from him as he stepped closer.

"Aw, I guess you want a kiss which is why you're trying to connect yourself to me huh? Alright, a kiss is not big deal." his shoes came in contact with mines and I screamed pushing him away.

“Anyways, I know your Kim Myungsoo! I’m going to tell Grandma Kim and Grandpa Kim about you! A-About how you turned to be such a rude jerk!” I started to walk faster away from him as he came closer and closer to me.

“I see, if you like me this much, I guess I can repay a favor for your feelings towards me.” he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to his embrace.

“Let me go!” I pushed away as hard as I can from him. “You craz—crazy dog!” I finally got out of his grasp and ran home.

 

Flashback Ended.

 

“Myungsoo you alien freak! Just watch, I’ll make you take off whatever mask it is that you’re wearing.” I took my toothbrush and started to brush my teeth.

I really hope to meet him again! But first, even if I do meet him again, how do I get him to admit the truth to me? Why he disappeared without a word. Why he never showed up in front of everyone for 2 years now.

And how’s he is doing. If he’s alright all by himself.

I finished washing up and went to lay in bed. I then took out my phone and decided to text Taehyung.

- - -

Me: What are you doing?

Taehyung: Just doing my homework ahead of time. You?

Me: Thinking of this and that so it somehow lead me to thinking about you

Taehyung: I feel honored. It seems like you’re missing me more now a days. Makes me happy.

Me: What?! You’re happy I’ve been missing you? Why?!

Taehyung: Because I missed you even more. I would call every night to talk to you but Luna and IU said you hate those type of men.

- - -

“This fool.” I smiled looking at his text. “He believes in their every lies just because he wants me to be happy.” I smiled wishing he was by my side right now.

- - -

Me: Let’s have a date after finals.

Taehyung: Aish, I was going to ask you first. Alright, but I get to choose this time.

Me: Yay! Excited!~ I’m already wanting that day to be today

Taehyung: Can I send you to work tomorrow?

Me: Of course, as long as you take me back to school.

Taehyung: Why not? I’m responsible for you.

Me: You sound like a real man.

Taehyung: Because you’re my woman.

Me: Cheesy! Going to bed, night!

Taehyung: Good night, dream about me because I know I’ll be dreaming about you

- - -

“Kaaa~” I squealed covering my face into my pillow.

Talking with Taehyung has totally cleared my mind. And now all I can think about is how much I miss him.

 

If only this happiness can last forever.

 

I woke up the next morning and ran to hug my mom, who was cooking in the kitchen.

“Mom~” I acted cute to her making her fake a puke face to me.

“What? Want me to make some for Taehyung?” mom asked me.

I nodded smiling shyly. I get shy when my mom mentions about Taehyung to me. I don’t know why I do around her but I just do.

“Ahhh, my daughter is in college, has a job, and has a boyfriend.” My mom shook her head. “It won’t be long before you leave me and get married right?” my mom looked at me.

“No way, I’m not leaving you alone even if I do get married.” I told her.

After having a cheerful morning with mom, I headed to school for the finals. But first, I met up with Taehyung and handed him the lunch I helped my mom cook (although most of them was obviously her work).

...

I was so irritated and worn out as the final week had the both of us so busy we couldn’t meet up with one another and just exchange a few texts here and there. Taehyung always tried to help me relax by sending me the lamest quotes and pictures of him doing silly things. So thankfully, I didn’t lose my mind over the finals.

And also, I forgot about Myungsoo. Although I didn’t want to, school and Taehyung had me forgetting about him sooner than I should have. So when I met him again, I was shock as if it was the first time.

“Wow, you’re not Kim Myungsoo but you’re going to treat me with smoothies. What a nice thing to do for a stranger.” I told him with a straight face.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes at me and then he just pushed the smoothie right into my hands before walking off.

“Yah!” I chased after him. “Why are you pretending not to know me? I clearly don’t think I did anything wrong to you. If someone were to be angry here, it would be me. Because you suddenly disappeared out of nowhere 2 years ago.” I told him seriously.

“Think whatever you like.” He told me and headed to a car. He then drove off leaving me wondering what he was up to.

“Aish, why is it that I can’t even have a proper conversation with you nowadays?” I asked to him, who was far far away.

My phone rang and I looked at the caller ID. It was unknown but I answered it anyways, “Hello?”

“Hello costumer, are you interested in having a great connection and fast wifi?” an advertiser said.

“No,” I answered feeling annoyed at the moment.

“But you haven’t heard the best part yet, it’s not only greatly advanced but also cheap. And there’s definitely more to it than just that. ” The advertiser told me.

“No thank you. I’m busy so goodbye.” I said and ended the call.

I walked home and drinking the smoothies hoping it will help me relax as I take my last final exam tomorrow.

Suddenly my phone rang again with an unknown number. “Hello?” I answered hoping it was not an advertiser. Aish, why do I even bother to answer my phone if I’m this annoyed?

“Hello costumer, will you like to buy—” another advertiser started to speak but I decided to cut him off.

“No, I’m not interested.” I said and ended the call. I’m not answering any more unknown numbers anymore. That’s it, because who knows how many advertisers are going to call me if I keep on answering them.

Almost reaching home my phone rang once more. I looked at it and saw the UNKNOWN ticking me off. “I’m not answering.” I said glaring at my phone. But it continued to rang and rang nonstop. I looked at the caller ID and sighed. “Stop calling me please.” I begged.

I gave up as the caller kept calling persistently for 10 times now. “I don’t know what kind of advertiser you are but you’re sure annoying and stubborn for not giving up.” I said and answered the call. “Hello?” I asked.

It was silent at first making me surprised. Now this advertiser is going to silent on me after I pick up on their call here? What a great costumer service it’s giving me.

“I’m not buying, goodbye.” I said and was about to end the call when I heard some buzzing.

I listened again and then it sounded like some typing noise. I somehow ended up holding my breath as I waited for that person to say something first.

“Plan start.” The same robotic voice I heard before said and the call then ended on me.

What does that mean? Plan start? What plan? Why is this person doing this to me?!

“Mom!”  she was the first person that came to my mind and I ended up running home as fast as I could dropping the smoothie Myungsoo given to me.

 

Almost forgot to update, anyways, I don't have anything to say this time so enjoy!