End.

Happy Birthday, Yoon!
“Happy sixteen, Yoon!” she said as her face appeared on the screen. This time, she’s wearing a baby blue sweater with a birthday cap on her head, singing a short “happy birthday” song for him. 
He loved how her voice sounds, it’s not the most melodious sound he has ever heard, but he wouldn’t complain if he’s only allowed to hear her voice for the rest of his life. It’d be a blessing for him instead. 
“I bought you a tiramisu cake, your favourite, right?” which he responded with some quick nods. 
“Now, blow the candle! Together, okay?” 
“1, 2, 3!” They counted together. 
“Yay!” She said, laughing and clapping her hands like a kid. 
He smiled at her childishness, but mostly because of her laughs. 
“I’m sorry I couldn’t be there with you on your birthday,” she started, suddenly being serious. 
“You are not mad, right? Right? Now, search for the white box with red ribbon!” 
He immediately ran to his drawers, rummaging through lots of boxes to search for the one she described. 
“Found it!” he muttered under his breath.
“Took you long enough!” she said as she laughs. “Now, open it, Yoon. I’m sure you’d love it!” 
He carefully unwrapped the present as if he’s afraid his actions might damage it. He gasped as he found a camera he has always wanted since he was a kid. 
“Told you! You’re welcome, Yoon.” She said as if she had predicted his reactions.
“I haven’t even said thank you yet!” He said, laughing quietly as he shakes his head. “But, thank you, really.” He whispered, smiling. 
“I remembered that one night on our trampoline when we were 7, you told me your dream was to be a professional photographer. I asked you why, and you said because you saw a picture of..um.. was it an old man with his granddaughter? Anyway, they were both laughing happily under the pouring rain even with their shabby clothes. You said, you’re amazed at how a photo could tell a lot. It could explain things words couldn’t. I remembered exactly how happy and excited you’re when you said that, your eyes were literally dancing, you know? So, I put in mind to add camera to my birthday list for you.” 
Honestly, he doesn’t quite remember that day, not as much as she did, but remembers that they were both tired after jumping around the trampoline, and began to talk about each others’ dreams.
“Speechless much, Yoon? You didn’t expect that I’d remember, right?” She said, teasing him. 
“No, silly. Of course, not. For someone who’s ignorant, I’m quite surprised you even remember it.”
“There’s nothing I’d forget when it comes to you, Yoon,” She said, proudly.
“Now, I gotta go. Enjoy your birthday, and start taking pictures, I know you’ll be a professional photographer, just like you said, Yoon. I just know.” She ended with a smile. 
“You’re wrong, Park. There’s one thing you forget. But it’s not like I can blame you either, right? About our promise that we made when we celebrated your birthday on the broken swings on your backyard. We promised to always celebrate our birthdays together. But, now, what? I’m here celebrating mine alone, and I always celebrate yours alone, too. I know I sound childish for complaining about this now. I know it’s not your choice either. But, do you know how unfair this is? Being left alone? Sometimes, I wonder how we’d celebrate our birthdays, instead of me just watching your recorded videos. I want to buy you presents too, Park. I want to watch you become a designer, just like what you always said.” Silent tears are pouring down his cheeks as he speaks. 
 
“I want us to grow up together, Park.” He whispered.