Chapter 1: Through the Rain!

Under the RAIN!!

Sooyoung was a freshman at France as a High School Student. She was really famous at her school. She was known to be a genius, a campus goddess and a very down to earth girl. Everybody was envious to her. She doesn’t only have the attention of everyone but also she was the girlfriend of the famous heartthrob and a soccer superstar, Cho Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun is a rich and very popular guy, despite of this, he was also known as The Campus Playboy. He was the playboy of their campus.

Sooyoung was on her room sitting at her chair at the middle of the class with her 2 best friends, Yoona and Jessica around her. It was now their break time. They were studying their lesson for their upcoming class which is math. Everybody in the class was having a difficult time with their Math but of course Sooyoung doesn’t.

“Soo, will you please help with this equation? I really can’t understand it! How come this happens?” Yoona protested at Sooyoung who was sitting in front of her.

“Yeah! Me too. I really don’t get it! Does Math have to be complicated as it is?” Jessica who’s beside her, agreed with Yoona.

“Come on, girls! I know Math is hard but don’t give up! Come, I’ll help you!” Soo said taking her ballpen showing the solution to the girls.

“Wow! Unbelievable! How come you know these?” Yoona said looking at the paper where Sooyoung solved the equation.

“We all have the same books but these aren’t in our books! Where did you get this? Wait! Are you using other books?” Jessica complains to Sooyoung.

“Of course not!” Sooyoung protested.

A few minutes more and the bell rang. Sooyoung was on her locker putting some of her things inside of it. Suddenly, someone grabbed her from her waist. It was Kyuhyun

“How’s my girlfriend doing?” Kyuhyun whispered in her ears.

Sooyoung turned around. Kyuhyun was about to kiss her on her lips but Sooyoung turned to another way. Kyuhyun showed a disappointing face at her back and faces Sooyoung.

“Sooyoung, come on!” Kyuhyun complains.

“Kyu, not here! There are so many students and teachers around us.” Sooyoung said

“Ok! Fine! I’ll just wait you after class, See you!” Kyuhyun kissed her on her cheeks and go.

Finally the bell rang. Sooyoung left the room with Yoona. Yoona see Kibum and go with him.

“Bye, Soo! See you tom.” Yoona said waving goodbye to her.

Sooyoung walked on the hallway and take the stairs. She forgot to go to the library and make some research. She entered the library. There was no one inside there. She didn’t bother to say something; instead she quickly went to find the book. Suddenly, she heard something.

As she was about to look to investigate, she was shocked to see it for herself. She saw Kyuhyun with Jessica. She wasn’t shocked to see them together because she knew that Jessica has a crush on Kyuhyun but she was shocked to see them KISSING! She went nearer and they both stopped as they see her. Sooyoung slapped Kyuhyun in his face really hard.

“We’re through! We’re SO MUCH through!” Sooyoung said leaving the both of them.

Jessica grabbed her in her hand, “Soo, please, let me explain!”

“Let go of my hand! I never expect you to betray me! You were such a good friend of mine! I may forgive you but I will never forget this and our friendship will never come back AGAIN!” Sooyoung said leaving the room.

She quickly ran away. When she finally realized that she was already far, she decided to walk. The rain grew heavy as her tears run down from her face. She was crying so hard. It’s too bad because she got no one else to talk to. The person she’s treating as her family now was at Korea. She was alone at France. Suddenly, she got bumped into some other guy. She didn’t know who it is but she just ignored it and just goes away.

“I’m Sorry!” Sooyoung said running away from the guy. She didn’t want other people to see her crying.

5 months from now, she decided to go back to Korea. She just graduated at her school in France. She was too hurt because of what happened and couldn’t move on. She now lives at her cousin’s house. She then entered the school Taeyeon goes in. She was classmates with her. They were walking towards the school’s gate. Taeyeon was so excited to be with Sooyoung.

“I’m so happy and so MUCH excited. I can’t wait to tell them that you are my cousin!” Taeyeon said jumping and clapping her hands because of over-joy.

“Yeah! I can see it. It was written all over your face!” Sooyoung said to Taeyeon.

Finally they reached her new classroom. As expected, teachers introduce the new student and points out their seats. Mrs. Kang, her new adviser asked her to seat at the last seat at the corner near the window. In front of her is Taeyeon. Sooyoung quickly went to her seat and sit. As she sits down, a late student came in.

“I’m so sorry, Ma’am! I have to go the principal’s office to discuss with him some few things!” the guy reasoned out. He went back to his seat not waiting for the teacher’s answer. He sits beside Sooyoung. He was taking out his book and notebook. Sooyoung approached him by saying, “Hi! I’m Sooyoung, Im new here!”

The guy didn’t look at her but said, “Hi!” He was looking at the teacher who’s now discussing in front.

 Finally, the bell rang. It was now their lunch break. Sooyoung was at the garden waiting for Taeyeon who’s at the canteen buying their snack.

Suddenly, a guy passed by her. His things got fell off causing it to scatter around. Sooyoung go and help him took his things. Finally, when they’re through they both stood up. Sooyoung gave to him his books. The guy approached first.

“Thanks! By the way, are you new here? This is the first time I’ve seen you here at our school!” He said.

“Um… Actually, yes and I’m in your class! To be honest, I’m your new seatmate!” Sooyoung answered awkwardly.

“Oh! So that was you? Im sorry for acting rude to you! Anyway, I’m Lee Donghae! Nice meeting you um…” Donghae paused

“Choi Sooyoung, just call me Soo!” Sooyoung said shaking hands with Donghae

Finally, Taeyeon came back. She was wondering what happened to them. They all sit at the bench.

“So, you finally meet my cousin, pres.” Taeyeon said.

“She’s your cousin?” Donghae asked confused. He was looking at Taeyeon from Head to toe, shooking his head.

“Ya! Don’t look at me like that! I know she’s tall and I’m short!” Taeyeon protested at Donghae’s face.

“I’m sorry! It’s just that, how come she’s so tall and you’re short!” Donghae reasoned out.

“It’s because, our mom we’re sisters! It’s my dad who’s tall. I inherit it from his genes.” Sooyoung response, “So, You’re the class president?”

“Yeah! I am! Why? You want to be my vice-pres?”

“No thanks! I’d like to get to know the school first!”

“Wait! Where school are you from?”

“She’s from France! She used to be an exchange student there for 5 years.” Taeyeon answered getting a chip from the snack.

“Wow! Impressive! Actually, I’ve been there at France 6 months ago. I visited my aunt there! France is really beautiful!” Donghae said getting chips from his own snack.

“Yeah, so true!” Sooyoung answered looking down

“Yeonie always tells a story but you!” Donghae said.

“Really? Like what?”

“Like how you always protect Yeonie from the other guys during your childhood? She tells everything to me about you! We’re pretty close!”

“Hmmm, pretty close huh?” Taeyeon protested

 “Ya! Im taking it back!” Donghae said getting his notes from Taeyeon.

“Ya! I was just kidding!’” Taeyeon said getting back Donghae’s notes.

Finally, the bell rang. Taeyeon and Sooyoung we’re walking out of the school when suddenly Donghae came making Taeyeon jump because of shock.

“Ya! Will you please stop doing that to me EVER again?!” Taeyeon shouted.

“I’m sorry! Fine! But I can’t help it! You’re very nervous!” Donghae reasoned

Donghae was walking with them. Sooyoung got confused and thought to herself, “Why is he walking with us? Is he following us? Oh! No! You must be kidding me! Is he Taeyeon’s suitor?”

Finally, Sooyoung clears and was about to say something when suddenly, a car was about to pass by and was about to hit her but all thanks to Donghae, she was saved. Donghae grabbed her in her arms and pull her to him. They’re now face to face. Suddenly, the raindrops came and rain grew heavily. Taeyeon bring out her umbrella but it was already too late because both Sooyoung and Donghae are now soaked with water. They all decided to go home.

Sooyoung was with Taeyeon on Taeyeon’s room. She came out of the bathroom with her pajamas. She was rubbing the towel to her hair and sit at Taeyeon’s bed. Taeyeon was beside her and using her laptop googleing. Sooyoung clears and started asking.

“Umm… Taeyeon, can I ask you something?” Sooyoung asked nervously

“Sure! What is it?” Taeyeon answered still looking at her laptop

“Umm… Actually, don’t get mad, or hate me, or shocked but… I was just confused, what’s between you and Hae?” Sooyoung asked Taeyeon making her stop from what she’s doing and look at Sooyoung

“What do you mean?” Taeyeon asked with her eyebrows up.

“Umm… you know?” Sooyoung said looking down

Taeyeon hit her in her arms.

“Ya! Be Frank! Tell me, what is it?” Taeyeon shouted

“Arasso! What I mean is, Is Donghae courting you?” Sooyoung shouted at Taeyeon and this time she looks at her in her face. Taeyeon was speechless. After 5 seconds, she couldn’t help herself but laugh. She was laughing out loud. Sooyoung who was still holding at her arms was looking at Taeyeon. Finally, when Taeyeon got a little better she said something.

“Soo, seriously? You’re making me laugh! Is that what really you think?” Taeyeon said.

“Yeah! Seriously, that’s what I think!”

“Noh!” Taeyeon tries to hit her again but this time Sooyoung was able to avoid it. “What were you thinking? Are you out of your mind? Donghae isn’t courting me!”

“But you two seems to be really so close to each other!”

“Noh! Donghae isn’t courting me! For the last time, DONGHAE ISNT COURTING ME!”

“But why was he walking with us to home?”

“Babo! Donghae lives there!” Taeyeon pointed out. Sooyoung stood up and look. She saw a room with nothing but cute stuff toys inside and at the corner was a study table with bookshelves beside it. At the table, she saw a picture. It was Donghae’s picture. That’s when she realizes that it was Donghae’s room.

“That’s their house?”

“Yeah! Actually, you room is in front of him! Go take a look! You’ll see his room clearer there!”

“really?”

“Ne! We were really such good friends. He would always tell me about his life!”

“Really? Wow! Now I realize, you two were really close to each other!”

“But it’s not just us; Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon are also our close friends! Now done with the talking! Go to your own room now and I want to sleep peacefully here in my room! “Nyghtie night, Sis” Taeyeon said pushing Sooyoung away from her room. She quickly locked it out and went to her bed.

Meanwhile, Sooyoung went to her room. There she saw Donghae’s room. She thought to herself, “Taeyeon was right! I can see it clearer from here!” Suddenly, Donghae entered his room. He noticed Sooyoung and looks at her. Sooyoung was still looking at his room. Donghae waved at Sooyoung and finally, she realizes that Donghae was already there. Donghae smiled to her.

“What are you doing? Why are you looking at my room?” Donghae asked coming outside in his balcony. Sooyoung went nearer and go out also to her own balcony.

“Nothing! I was just amazed! Your room is full of…” Sooyoung said

“Yeah! I know! Full of stuff toys around” Donghae pouts

Sooyoung started laughing. She never thought she will hear it from Donghae’s mouth.

“Yeah! Funny, isn’t it?”

“No! What I mean is, it looks cool because, it just shows how eager you are to study hard!”

“Oh?! Yeah! Continue laughing! Laugh all you want! The best laugh will be mine!”

“Ok! Im sorry! But I wonder, why do you have so many stuff toys in your bed?”

“Nothing! It just makes me feel comfortable with fluffy stuff toys and cuddly bears around me while sleeping!”

“You know, I was like that too! I like to sleep with my bears around me!”

“Oh! So that’s the reason why you are not wondering!”

“Yeah! Anyways, thanks for earlier! You know? Saving me from that thing. I owe you my life”

 “It’s ok! Not a big deal! Anyways, aren’t you going to sleep yet? I bet Taeyeon’s sleeping soundly right now!”

“Ne! But I don’t feel sleepy yet! Mollasseo! I really don’t feel sleepy!”

“Do you want me to sing a song for you?”

“You sing? Well, that’ll be an honor!”

Donghae took his guitar and started playing it. After few minutes both of them feels sleepy now. They both decided to go to their bed and sleep.

“Good night!” Sooyoung said closing her door at the balcony

“Same to you! Sweet dreams, Soo!” Donghae said watching Sooyoung to go to her bed.

Donghae started closing his doors at the balcony. As soon as he closed it he went to his windows. He can see Sooyoung sleeps on her bed clearly. Donghae thought to himself, “She sleeps like a goddess! I hope I don’t see you sad again!” Donghae went to his bed and sleep too.