Epilogue

Acquisitive

“I’d like you to meet-”

Yoongi’s heart ached. Seeing their arms locked together, seeing their wide smiles plastered on their faces and seeing their loving gazes directed at each other… it was almost unbearable for him. However Yoongi still managed to force a small smile as he shifted in his seat uncomfortably.

Taehyung was the densest person Yoongi has ever met. He never knew how to read someone’s expression, much less someone else’s feelings. He would always crack a joke unknowingly despite the atmosphere being tense or gloomy, and he would declare his love for his friends all the time, completely oblivious of Yoongi’s feelings towards him. That was why it came as a shock to everyone, especially Yoongi, when Taehyung announced that he started dating someone a week ago.

 

“What?!” Everyone dropped their utensils and stared wide eyed at Taehyung, who was smiling bashfully after his revelation.

“I said… I’m dating someone!” Taehyung was grinning like a fool when he announced it for the second time.

“W-What? Why? When? How?” Seokjin managed to blurt out with his mouth full of pasta, vegetable pancake and chicken.

“Does our company and manager hyung-nim know about this?” Namjoon eyed the boy in disbelief.

“Nope, I’ll tell them when the right time comes but I’m telling you guys first because you are all my best friends.” Taehyung exclaimed loudly, unable to contain his excitement. “And I trust that you guys won’t tell on me.”

“So how is she like?”

“She’s beautiful, just like my ideal type. She has long, wavy blonde hair and a pair of big round eyes…”

Yoongi blocked out all the noise as he tried to process what he just heard. When he finally did manage to convince himself that it wasn’t a dream, Yoongi clenched his fists angrily as tears welled up in his eyes. It should’ve been me, he thought. I’ve done so much for him, so much more than she will ever do. So why? Why? Damn it. Yoongi stood up abruptly, startling everyone, before storming to his shared room with Taehyung, leaving the rest stunned at his actions.

When Taehyung entered the room later, Yoongi pulled up his duvet and hid himself underneath, ignoring Taehyung’s pleas to talk to him.

“What’s wrong, hyung? Had a bad day?” Taehyung questioned as he sat on the corner of Yoongi's bed. Yoongi just turned away and faced the wall, closing his eyes. He couldn’t face Taehyung. Not now. Not in this sorry state he was currently in.

 

“H-Hyung, t-the company found o-out-” Taehyung stumbled into the dorm in the middle of the night, drunk, with tears rolling down his cheeks as Seokjin rushed to hold him. It broke Seokjin’s heart to see the always bubbly Taehyung bawling his eyes out. It was 4 days after the introduction with Taehyung’s girlfriend when Taehyung started complaining to the members that his girlfriend has started ignoring his messages and calls, and replying late on purpose, to which the members just brushed it off as Taehyung being extra clingy, asking him to give the girl some space. Who knew it was all the company’s doing.

“H-How did they find out? W-We were extra careful.” Taehyung sobbed as Seokjin embraced him. “I-I love her s-so much. What should I do?” The younger hiccupped and broke into tears again. Seokjin simply glanced at Yoongi who was watching the television, pretending to be engrossed. (Because Yoongi rarely watches television and he was on Disney Channel watching Lilo & Stitch, which he absolutely hated.) Truth is, Seokijn knew of Yoongi’s feelings for the younger and he knew how hurt Yoongi must’ve felt when Taehyung announced that he was dating in front of everyone. Yoongi shut himself out for a week after that, refusing to speak to anyone and refusing to spare even a glance at Taehyung. Sure, Seokjin was sympathetic towards Yoongi. He didn’t ask anything and reassured the rest that Yoongi was simply stressed out from work, asking them not to bother him. However, Yoongi really went too far this time, Seokjin thought as he shook his head lightly and helped a shaking Taehyung to bed.

 

If I can’t have him then no one can, Suga thought as he flipped through the channels with a satisfied smirk plastered on his face.

 

 

 

 

 

 


I'm so sorry it turned out like this omg. ; ;