Four

Paper Hearts

A/N: Please don't be afraid to put some comments after reading the update. I would like to know your opinions and suggestions too! Enjoy this update! :)

P.S. Shoutout to my wonderful and talented friend, Jay Glenn Ocnila for this beautiful Jikook fanart I made as my cover. Love yoou :** <3

 

Jimin sat on the chalky sand as small ripples of water bump his feet. He watched seagulls fly above the cirrus clouds as the gust of air brushed against his skin. He smiled when someone sat beside him, face still blurry like on all of his dreams.

 

You are safe with me. He heard someone whisper.

 

Suddenly, he heard a loud thud on his bedside table.

 

Jimin rubbed his eyes as he looked around, and then saw a bunch of white daisies and sunflowers in a clear vase. ‘Who could it be?’ he asked himself. He hadn’t received anything in the hospital for the past weeks.

 

His lips curled into a smile when he saw a paper heart on top of his table. He unfolded it slowly and he saw the same set of tiny loops and curls inside.

 

Good morning, Park Jimin. I picked those flowers outside with the help of a nurse. I hope this gives color on your room. -J

 

He laughed lightly as he tried to stick his nose on one sunflower. “Hmm.” he sniffed. He walked towards the restroom, removing the tiny cap covering his hair. His hair strands were thin and grayish due to the drugs on the chemotherapy.

 

“Are you ready to get out without this cap, Park Jimin?” he asked himself in the mirror, knowing that he had been using the cap to cover up his depression after seeing his hair fall gradually ever since he undergone chemotherapy.

 

“Yes, you should.” he heard a voice behind him. He looked back and saw it was Jeon Jungkook.

 

“But…”

 

“You’re afraid people might pity you?” Jungkook asked him. “Are you afraid that people might see you weak when they see you like this?”

 

“I don’t want people to pity me. That’s why I told my family not to come here. I told them not to come near me. I’m afraid that they’ll cry in front of me. I want them to see me when I’m well. I want them to see me when I’m okay.”

 

Jungkook walked beside him, facing him back to the mirror. “You should be the one to know if you’re okay. Let me help you.”

 

“Help me?”

 

Jungkook nodded. “Let’s be okay starting today. We should smile and not think about what happens to us after. Let’s be like the flowers. Bright and colorful. Let’s be together always.” he took the cap from Jimn’s hand. “You should get used to seeing the reality. You should get used to see yourself like this. After the operation, I might see myself with a big scar on my head.” he traced a line on his head. “But that’s reality, so we should face it together.”

 

“Why are you like this to me, Jungkook? We only met a couple of days ago and…”

 

“Shh…” Jungkook placed his finger on Jimin’s lips. “I welcomed you in my heart, right?”

 

Yes he did, Jimin whispered to himself.

 

“Your lips look pale, Park Jimin.” Jungkook said, tracing his lips with his finger. “Are you…cold?”

 

Jimin shook his head, but he felt his blood rose to cheeks.

 

“But your cheeks…are you blushing?” Jungkook smiled at him.

 

“N-No.” Jimin replied, looking away.

 

“Jungkookie…” someone called from the door. It must be his nurse.  “Your medications….”

 

“Oh, yeah.” he chuckled. “Would you want to visit my room?” he asked Jimin.

 

“Your room?” Jimin asked again.

 

Jungkook pulled him by the arm, as the nurse assisted him on his dextrose pole. “I apologize Mr. Park, he’s just excited about having a new friend.”

 

“It’s fine.” he replied. “I’m glad he’s around too.”

 

They entered Jungkook’s room and he was in awe to see paper airplanes in different colors hanging on the ceiling.

 

“I wanted to be a pilot before…but I was sick. So once I get well, I’ll pursue being one.” Jungkook told him proudly. “Right, nurse?”

 

His nurse nodded at him. “I always admired his optimism.”

 

“Me too.” Jimin smiled back at her. “I admire him for that too.”