Final

I'm a fool (only for you)

 

They meet where light battles the oncoming dark. They mold under the shadows of the moon. A love that flourishes in the dark and come morning, it's as if nothing ever happened. The magic is gone and all that's left for him to do is pick up the bits and pieces of the person he was once were. But no matter how many times he's left. No matter how many times he's been reduced, he always comes back. Call him a fool but the heart wants what it wants.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Only fools fall for you...

 

 

 


 

 

If you ask Jimin why he'd come home with red eyes and disheveled clothes, he'd never tell you why. He'd offer you a watery smile before excusing himself with a practiced, "It's nothing. Everything's fine."

 

But nothing is fine. No, nothing about the situation is fine. His heart is aching, his body is numb and he's just so tired. But he can't say anything. No one would listen. No one could ever understand. They would never understand how Jimin felt.

 

He felt special underneath his touch. Like a precious gem, fragile and ethereal. He worshipped him like his body was a temple. His lips sang praises of his beauty and he just can't help but fall for his words. To bend and crumble under his ministrations and though all of it would end, Jimin embraces it all. Chases it till he can't anymore. Runs, till his lungs would combust. But even if his mind told him enough, he'd always come back.

 

He'd always come back to the man who spoke through touch. Who was cold in the mornings but passionate in the dark. Who inhaled cigarettes and donned expensive suits. Whose eyes witheld compassion when his mouth told otherwise. He was the only one who understands him and although he'll come home to someone else's arms, tonight, he was all his. There was honesty in the way they moved against each other and longing through every lingering touch. Whispered "I love you's" that die as soon as dawn arrives and Jimin is left with cold sheets and pieces of his heart.

 

Jimin was fine with that. He was fine. If he can't have him all, he'd settle for a part of him because he'd rather have a portion than none at all. He was so madly and deeply in love that he'd throw away everything for him. Even if it meant a tarnished reputation.

 

He knows what they call him. The homewrecker. The . But he's okay with that just as long as he's with him. They can call him anything they want. Curse him for all he cares, it didn't matter. If he's with him, everything is just fine. Everything's perfect. He'd swallow all of their insults. He's content with him.

 

 

 


  He's happy...

 

 

 

Countless friends had told him to stop. Saying he's better than this but what do they know? Jimin was in love. What's so wrong about that? Don't you have someone you love so much you'd fight through blood and bone just for him? Can't they see how well they fit together? How happy they are?

 

"Jimin, we have to stop."

 

His whole world crumbled then and there. A why on the tip of his tongue. He could feel the way his chest constricted painfully. Squeezing at his poor, exhausted heart. He can feel the tears b but he chokes it all down. He doesn't say any of the questions in his mind. He doesn't lash out but instead he says a simple, "Okay." Then he leaves Jimin just like that. No goodbye. Not even a hint of sadness.

 

He knew. He knew this day would come and nothing could've prepared him for the heartache. His chest felt heavy and tight. His eyes are puffy and dull. He stared onwards listlessly. He was everything to him and now that he was gone, he felt lost. A bitter laugh escaped his lips, finally breaking.

 

Of course. Of course he'd choose her.

 

She could offer him a stable life. A happy one if they tried hard enough. She could give him a lot of things that Jimin can't. Pride, sustainability, a secured job, his own son if he so ever desired. There was no shame. They could walk the streets hand in hand and no one would stare. No one would judge nor loathe them. Society will deem them befitting, perfect even. His parents would sing his praises, kiss his toes. It was an easy life...

 

He was a ing coward.

 

Still, Jimin loved him. Maybe he did love him too but he still left him. But that's okay. It's okay. He can't blame him for being afraid. He's only trying to do right thing. Everything is fine...

 

 

 

I am tired of this place, I hope people change

I need time to replace what I gave away

And my hopes, they are high, I must keep them small

Though I try to resist, I still want it all...

 


 

 

But everything's shattering and it's my mistake..

Only fools fall for you, only fools

Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

 

 

 

 

 

You have received a voicemail from Sugarcakes.

 


  Hey, it's me. I know, I shouldn't be trying to contact you at all. But... I just had to. I really miss you..

 


  I'm sorry if I wasn't enough. I'm really sorry. I wish I could be her. I wish I could give you more but I can't and it . It knowing that I can't be enough. I know I sound pathetic but I'm not begging you to come running back to me. I just want a proper goodbye.

 


  I love you Min Yoongi. I love you so much. I-I.. God, I'm a mess. I'm so stupid but I love you. I just had to say that. I..

 


  Goodbye, Yoongi.

 


 

 


  Click

 

Voicemail ended.

 

 

 

 

 

The next day news passed about the death of Park Jimin.

 

His body was found in his tub, submerged in water. Pills were scattered on the floor. A broken bottle of what would have contained the medicine lying on the cold floor. A lighter was haphazardly thrown on the tiles, but one thing floated among the rest. A picture.

 

It was a half burned picture of Yoongi and Jimin, smiling happily.

 

 

 


  If only fools for you, I'd be the fool and fall over and over again.