One-Shot

I Love You (One-Shot)

"Pi, come here." Kei whispered softly from the hospital bed.

"What is it honey? Need something?" Yamapi smiled softly as he approached his beloved.

"Mm." Kei shook his head. "Just lay with me."

Yamaa Tomohisa, or Yamapi as he was called by those close to him, smiled softly as he carefully laid beside his lover and gently held him close. Koyama Keiichiro, also known as Kei-chan,  27 years old, pre-school teacher, Yamapi's precious lover, leukemia patient.

"Pi? Can you do something for me?" Kei asked as he snuggled closer.

"Anything for you honey." Yamapi smiled and gently combed Kei's hair.

"Tomorrow, I want you to spend the whole day without contacting me. Watch the sunrise, go to the beach, do things I'm not able to do. If you can do that, I will love you forever."

"But, I want to be with you Kei. I want to stay here beside you."

"Please love? I'm not allowed to go out so I have to ask you to do this for me. Experience the sunrise and the sunset, watch the stars, go to the places we used to go to together, do the things we used to do together. Please?"

"Okay. I'll do whatever makes you happy."

"Promise not to contact me? I'll get envious that you get to stay out and do things."

"I promise."

"Thanks love. I love you. Remember that."

"I love you too."

The next day, Yamapi wakes up early and heads to the hill near their apartment and watches the sunrise. He remembers the day Kei confessed his love for him on the very same hill, the way the sunlight framed Kei's beautiful face as the sun rises to his rightful place in the sky. He then went to the cafe where they always have breakfast together before Kei moved in. He remembers how Kei would slather a huge amount of cream cheese on his bagel, causing it to smear all around his lips.

He spent the whole day going to their favorite parks, to the shops where Kei loved to frequent, to the theater where they had their first date, to the school where Kei teaches at which earned him a few get well cards from the students, and many other places where they shared moments together. He then returned back to the hill and watched the sun slowly disappear from the sky to give way to the moon and the stars that Kei loved so much. He looked for Kei's favorite star and found that it was shining brighter than it was the last time he looked at it. He smiled and took a picture so that he could show it to Kei.

Yamapi was smiling brightly as he made his way to the hospital. He was carrying the picture of Kei's favorite star and a huge bouquet of flowers. He greeted everyone a good morning as he made his way to the elevators. He got into the first elevator that opened up and was about to push the button for Kei's floor when the picture of the star fell from his hand. He managed to grab it in time before the doors could catch it. His heart was pounding hard as he looked at the picture but he pushed the feeling away and took calming breaths before pressing the button to Kei's floor.

"No..." Yamapi whispered when he was a few feet away from Kei's room. "Please God no..."

Kei's parents were huddled together on the seats outside the room. Kei's mom was crying as his dad was trying to comfort her. Kei's bestfriend was standing, frozen, in front of the room as tears flowed from his eyes. Yamapi ran to them, flowers still in hand, praying that what he thought happened didn't happen. He didn't give attention to the others and just barged into Kei's room. He gasped and dropped the flowers on the floor as he rushed to his beloved's side.

Kei looked as though he was just sleeping but the paleness of his lips and the coldness of his skin tells Yamapi otherwise. He caressed Kei's face, as if trying to memorize each and every line, every slope, every aspect of the person he loves. He reached down to hold Kei's hand and noticed a piece of paper, neatly folded, in his grasp. He took the paper and saw his name neatly written in Kei's graceful hand writing. He read the note and completely broke down in tears. He let the note fall to the ground and pulled Kei's body close to him, holding him tightly in his arms.

My Tomopi♥,

            You did it love! Now, can you do it everyday? I LOVE YOU TOMOHISA.

                                                                                                                               ♥Kei