Why Do You Like Me?

Why Do You Like Me?

Cross Gene-verse

 

Takuya heard Shin laugh from their living room for the fifth time that day. Their leader said he wanted to watch some TV and given that they didn't have a schedule, they could do whatever they wanted. So Takuya went in his room to write music, Seyoung went out with Sangmin to go to the convenience store, Casper and Yongseok went to play basketball in the nearby park and Shin went to watch TV. Which he had been doing for almost three hours now.

And in that span of time, Takuya could hear that he was enjoying whatever he was seeing on TV. While it wasn't rare that Shin would guffaw out loud over the programs he'd be seeing, it was still surpising to actually hear him have this reaction while watching a Korean drama.

Takuya just shrugged it off. He wanted to focus on his music so he could maybe compose a song they could use for their new album. He was just about to put a series of notes on his music sheet when he heard Shin calling for him.

"What? I'm doing something here." He answered back.

Shin's voice was loud when he said, "Takuya, come on! You have to see this."

Sighing, Takuya flipped his music notebook closed and went to the living room to see why Shin was causing a racket.

"What is it? Show me."

Shin tugged on his arm and made him sit on the couch with him. "This is The Lover. And it's pretty cool. The show is so truthful but you know what's the weirdest thing?"

"I'm sure you're dying to tell me." Takuya said drily.

"Look! There's a character named Takuya in the drama and he looks just like you!" Shin's energy was not to be reckoned with.

"Oh?" Takuya asked, only mildly interested. Then he turned to the TV and watched. THe guy had longish blond hair which suited him. He was also tall like him. And from what Takuya could see, he kind of resembled him somewhat. But he didn't exactly look like him. For one, Takuya was sure that this actor couldn't possibly do the things he could. He was betting he was better than this Takuya actor.

He slid a glance to Shin and he saw that he was very much fascinated with the guy. He couldn't believe it. Shin was actually interested in another guy other than him? It was a revelation. Not a very good too.

"Takuya, I wonder if he knows you look alike. Do you think we can go and meet him when we do shows? It would be really interesting to know how he'd react."

Takuya began slowly, "So, you think this actor is more interesting than me now?"

"Are you kidding! Just look at him! He sounds like you, he moves like you and he has the same mole like yours! I bet you have a twin and you just didn't tell me, right?"

"I don't have a brother. Only sisters."

Shin smiled absent-mindedly, his eyes still trained on the Takuya on TV. For some unknown reason, having Shin's attention switch to another man, even though said man did look like him, was very unsettling to Takuya. He couldn't put his finger on it but he was actually getting annoyed that Shin was eagerly watching another man other than him.

"Shin-hyung," Takuya said, "do you like That actor more than me now?"

"What?" Shin asked distractedly. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, who do you like more?" Takuya insisted.

Shin's brow furrowed, "What kind of a question is that? He's just an actor. You're my member. Of course I like you more." He said as if the question shouldn't have been asked. But his eyes was still on the TV.

Takuya then moved closer to Shin and nudged his knee with his leg. "But why do you like me? What's the reason you like me?"

Shin paused. He took the remote and turned the TV off.

"Why do I like you?"

Takuya nodded slowly.

Shin smiled and held one of Takuya's hands in his. "I like you because you're you. And that's all that matters."

A small smile started to form in Takuya's lips then it turned into a bright smile with his eyes. That was exactly the answer he was waiting for.

 

End.