One

Difference
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Ahh… Why is your bed always comfier than mine?” Wonho complained cutely while he casually sneaked into his flatmate’s warm bed.

Wonho turned to the still-sleeping Hyungwon and pouted when he didn’t receive a response.

“Yah Hyungwonie~, Wake up~ We’re gonna be late.”

“Mmmhm.” Finally awake, sleepy Hyungwon lazily responded without any signs of movement.

“Breakfast is nearly ready, don’t snooze for too long okay?” Wonho gave Hyungwon’s head a gentle pat before heading back to the kitchen.

Waking up his flatmate has always been a bit of a mission for Wonho since Hyungwon’s favourite activity was sleeping; after using countless methods he figured that food was the only way to wake Hyungwon up, eventually anyways.

 

Woken by the smell, Hyungwon finally got up after squirming in bed for a few more moments.

Hyungwon has always hated mornings, he hated having to wake up and he hated having to leave his warm bed, but has always loved waking up to the smell of Wonho’s breakfast and how Wonho has pre-squeezed toothpaste for him every morning.

It obviously doesn’t save Hyungwon a lot of time, but he loved Wonho’s sweet little gesture, as much as he loved his flatmate and best friend, Wonho.

 

They first met when Wonho’s family moved next to Hyungwon when they were teenagers, they then went to the same school, same university and took the same course; after living in the university dorms in their first year, they rented a flat together.

They spent almost everyday during the years together; they hung out together, studied together, walked to school and back together, grew up together, did everything together.

Wonho always looked after Hyungwon while Hyungwon always took care of Wonho, people were always shocked to find out that they were best friends and not in fact dating because of how they interacted.

They were like the perfect couple that everyone was envious of, only that Hyungwon wished they were a real couple.

 

Sometimes even Hyungwon got confused about their relationship.

He was positive that they had mutual feelings towards each other; they reciprocated each other’s affection, they flirted with each other, looked after each other, had regular dates and so forth, but yet they weren’t going out.

Maybe because neither of them have seemed to have made the first move. Hyungwon has been waiting for Wonho to make ‘that move’ because it must have been obvious enough that he really liked Wonho so he never understood Wonho’s actions, or the lack of it.

But he was scared,

What if he doesn’t like me the way I do? What if ‘that move’ was a bad move? He thought to himself.

If a wrong move could make him lose Wonho, he’d rather stay in the same spot forever.

 

———

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter