Chapter 8

Fixing The Damaged

 

"Uh..hold on.."a nurse said as she flipped professionally through her records on a clipboard.
She finally found the correct record and cocked her head up,facing me.
 
"Lee Howon is in Ward 402,on the fourth floor.He's suffered injuries,although not that severe, from a fight at a club,along with a patient called Zico who is currently residing in the ward next to him,Ward 403...you ARE Lee Howon's sister,right?"
 
"Yeah.Thanks."I curtly replied,grabbing Yummy's hand and dashing off to catch the lift that was almost closing.
 
Unfortunately,I was too late.
The lift doors closed and it move up,as if purposely leaving Yummy and I all the way down here.
"Seriously!?"I cried,antagonized.
 
"____?Is that really you?"someone called,emerging from a flight of stairs behind us.
I turned around,hoping that that familiar voice wouldn't be who I dreaded it was.
 
The face that greeted me was smiling as my own smile dropped.
The face that greeted me took my hand to shake it even though I obviously didn't want to.
The face that greeted me was called Kim HwaYoung.
 
Kim HwaYoung used to be my good friend all through elementary school and a bit of high school.
She used to be the one I would go to when I had any girl problems that Hoya couldn't answer.
She used to be the one I trusted.
 
And then,she stole Hoya away from me.
 
She took him when she became a queenka in our school,making him her Kingka boyfriend.
She noticed I was lonely,and only rolled her eyes whenever I came up privately to her to ask her what happened.
Then,they recruited Infinite as the new group of campus hotties that everyone would swoon over.
And although I can't say for sure,I think she was the one who changed Hoya into a playboy.
 
Hoya and I grew apart.
We talked less and less.
When we met each other,he was always with HwaYoung so we only said "Hi." and left.
Sooner than I expected,we stopped talking at all.
 
During that time,Hwayoung would always target me.
She took her minions along wherever he went.
This made it convenient for her as she could just order then around whenever she wanted.
 
Oh,she ordered them around a whole lot.
 
They would bash my locker,switch my PE attire with a smaller size,trip me when I was walking to my seat in class and dunk my schoolbag in a big pail of water,among many other things.
 
I didn't tell anyone what happened because I didn't want to feel like I lost to Hwayoung so I just kept my calm and went on with life.
 
No one knew except for Zico.
 
Honestly,if it weren't for Zico,I think I would have made a lot of rash decisions that I would regret.
He distracted me from all the immature problems that Hwayoung created and showed me that the best revenge was to smile and leave them wondering why.
 
He got back at Hwayoung and her minions for me,though.
He would put a lot of salt in their food in home economics,he would put fake spiders in under their tables,and he would even bribe people to run up to them and spray water at their face with water guns and run away.
 
And then,Hwayoung migrated.
I felt free and started smiling a lot.
Zico smiled more too while he reminisced the times where he would play all sorts of pranks on Hwayoung's minions.
Hoya and I became close again,but it was never the same as before.
Infinite treated me as nicely as always.
They were oblivious to Hwayoung's evildoings anyway.
 
So,in short,Zico was my true friend,Hoya my awkward buddy and Hwayoung,my evil arch enemy.
 
She had migrated.
But..why was she back now??
 
I stared at Hwayoung,resisting the urge to kick her unloveable face.
 
Hwayoung only looked back,amused.
 
And all this while,Yummy just watched in pure,utter shock.