Fin.

Girlfriend

Well, you did agree to this, Wheein tells her reflection on the huge mirror in the practice room. It’s already late at night, which means she’s the only person left in this side of the building. She needs this - being alone to collect her thoughts. It was getting hard, her chest feels like bursting at the sight of Solar and Moonbyul being all touchy in front of her. She doesn’t hate Solar, though, neither does she hate Moonbyul. No, she could never hate those two, especially Moonbyul. But she hates the situation. She hates how she just wants to weep in front of everyone whenever they push MoonSun so hard. She hates how she has to pretend that she’s actually shipping them when all she wants to do is keep Moonbyul in her arms. It’s a selfish thought, really, but there’s nothing wrong with being selfish sometimes, right?

 

Wheein shakes the thoughts off her head, she’s here to clear her mind off things and not mop around. She walks towards the speakers and pressed play, surprised that the song playing is an unfamiliar tune. She couldn’t help the smile that breaks from her lips upon hearing the deep voice.

 

And maybe I don’t say much,

But rest assured that this heart,

A heart that carries many burdens,

Beats for you,

And only you.

 

Wheein stands in front of the speakers, heart beating so fast as long arms envelope her small form. “Did you like it? I wrote that yesterday,” Moonbyul whispers in her ears, making the hairs on the back of her neck stand.

 

“What are you doing here?” she tells Moonbyul in a cold tone.

 

“Fetching my girlfriend,” Moonbyul whispers again.

 

Before Wheein could take Moonbyul’s hands off of her, the latter was turning her around so they are face to face. She feigns annoyance. “But Solar’s home already,” she says in a stern voice.

 

Moonbyul frowns at her. “Don’t be like this,” she says, gently kissing the tip of Wheein’s nose.

 

“I’m not being anything.”

 

“You know you’re the only one,” Moonbyul says, her voice so serious Wheein feels a little guilty. “I love you, girlfriend.”

 

When Wheein turns her head slightly to the side, Moonbyul’s eyes caught hers and she can’t help but melt at the way her girlfriend is looking at her right now.

 

“I’m really tired,” Moonbyul says. “And all I want to do right now is go home and cuddle with you.”

 

Wheein knows she couldn’t say no to that. Because, in all honesty, she’s been craving the same thing for the whole day. So she takes Moonbyul’s hand in hers and lead them out of the practice room, fingers intertwined, leaving no space for anything to come between it.