Final

Promise EXO OT12 Version

*It'll be good if you read this with the song EXO- Promise ( EXO 2014 )*

After the Luxion Taiwan Concert...

All the members were lying on their couches in the waiting room for their manager to give instructions to set off to the airport. They were all tired and just then, their manager told Suho to do a short interview as a leader about today's concert for a release of a new DVD while waiting for further instructions. Upon hearing that, Suho wearily picked himself up to his feet and went on to the other members with a video camera.

"First up, Chanyeol, our amazing rapper, how was today's performance?"

With no words spoken, Chanyeol flashed a bright smile and showed two thumbs up.

"Which performance do you like the most?"

"Promise?"

"Why?"

"Mmm... well... the song is really meaningful, like it's made up of many memories which we, Exo, debut journey..."

"What do you mean?"

"Well... how should I say this? Well, I don't think I need to further explain it because Exo L will know what I'm saying."

Chanyeol nodded his head and gave a faint laughter as Suho ended Chanyeol speech so that he could move on to the next member.

"Next, Kai, our y dancer! Kai ah, how was today?"

"Great!"

"Ahh... Which performance do you like the most?"

"Promise!"

"Oh! Why?"

"Well, this is the song that I really really put in all my feelings in it. The song is also really full of meanings which consists of many great things that really affected Exo..."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm pretty much sure Exo-Ls will understand."

Kai pointed to the camera as he winked. After that, Suho suppressed a laughter as Suho ended his turn and walked off to next member.

"Hey, Sehun! Maknae! Wake up!"

Lazily, Sehun opened his eyes.

"Sehunnie, how was today?"

"Well, er... good!"

"Which performance do you like the most?"

"Eh? Er... P-Promise!"

"Why? You didn't even sing much, Sehunnie!"

"Aye hyung! You don't know how much I thought through while you guys were singing."

"What were you thinking?"

"Well... I've thinking how much you, our leader, have faced due to the issues and problems that arose when Exo debut... All the memories... All the tears..." Sehun sighed.

"Ahh... Sehunnie, it's okay! You shall take a rest while I continue on." Suho said as he patted on his back and went off to the other members.

"Next it's D.O! D.O, how was today's performance?"

"Eh?" D.O stared hard at the camera with a blank look.

"Like were you satisfied with your performance today?"

"Ahhh... Well, not really. I got alittle sore throat." D.O cleared his throat as he spoke.

"Ah... Rest well! But before I end your interview section, which performance do you think it was the best?"

"Well, I would say it was Promise? Because I think we really put in alot of effort and feelings to sing it out. They sang along also and I was deeply moved by that. Their singing was so sync! I could never have believed my ears for that section because it was so good that I can't believe it... After so much Exo had done..."

"Ahh... you mean those issues?"

"Mmm... Exo-Ls will understand... Won't they haha..."

Suho nodded his head in agreement as he went off to the next member.

"Baekhyunnie!"

"Eh why you skip me?"

"Chen ah, wait! I'm interviewing Baekhyun right here!"

"Aigoo! Interview Hyung first!"

"Xiumin hyung, you were munching on food just now!"

"Why is everyone gathering here?"

"Let's interview you all together then."

"Eh? Me, Chen and Baekhyun together?"

"Yes."

"Okay!"

"Kay!"

"Okie!"

"May I have some opinions on today's performance?"

"Awesome!"

"Great!"

"Baekhyunnie?"

"Okay la."

"Ahhh... why was today's performance only okay?"

"Not feeling quite well these few days..."

"Ahh... Caught a flu, is it?"

"Yeah. Throat sore too.."

"Baekhyunnie, get well soon!"

"Yeah! Get well soon!"

"Thanks haha!"

"Then, what are your favourite performance in today's concert?"

"It's-"

"Xiumin hyung, let's say on the count of 3. Suho hyung, help us count."

"Okay! 3... 2... 1!"

"Promise!" The three of them answered in unison.

"Jinx!" The three of them shouted in unison again.

"Double Jinx!" The three of them said in unison again. After that, they burst out laughing.

"Hahaha. Why did you three choose Promise? Wasn't our Love Me Right great too?"

"Of course it was awesome!"

"But... Promise..."

"You know... it's a song that relates so much about how we felt... How we really wanted to tell..."

"Exo-Ls and you know..."

"The three members..."

"Oh..." Suho's voice trailed off. He knew exactly the reason. Before any of them felt sad again, Suho quickly ended the interview and went off to find Lay, who were the remaining member who was not interviewed yet.

"Lay! How was today's performance and your favourite performance is?"

"Eh? Oh! Er... today performance was good!" Lay grinned as he laughed alittle.

"The favourite part would be... Promise? Because it really depicts what I want to tell all the fellow Exo-Ls and all of the lovable members. Like how much effort they had put in for Exo to succeed despite all the failures, problems and issues that appeared often during our journey. Our members decreased. There were many times we felt really sad. Really dejected. But, we persevered. Instead of weakening, we grew stronger. Our love for our Exo-Ls remained. I really felt all the emotions coming to me when we sang Promise. I really wanted to cry but I really didn't want it to happen like what happened to our first Luxion concert, like Baekhyun ah and Kai ah who cried and our fans were quite affected by it..."

"Oh... yeah..." Lay's words really came to Suho, making him speechless. He did not know how he should say. Because it really was the case. Depression. Sadness. All of them were overwhelming him slowly as members left. First Kris. Next Luhan. Now Tao. But he can't do anything about it. He was helpless. He could only watch them leave as all the members shed tears, including him. He can't help them. Was he a failed leader? His inner self would ask sometimes. Now, he could see that everyday, the members were picking up themselves from where they fell. They were growing stronger everyday. Every problem that arise. They looked strong. But Suho knew. He knew that deep in every members' heart, they were really fragile. They could shatter into pieces within seconds. But they tried. They tried to stay strong. At least when the problems arise, it wouldn't be in front of the public. At least the tears that they shed due to sadness wouldn't be shown to the fans. At least when they think about it, it wouldn't be in front of members.

Upon thinking of that, Suho's tears fell unknowingly. Suho quickly switched off the camera. He stood there, rooted to the ground. He could see all the members sighing. He knew they were all thinking about the same thing. He knew. Because he was a good leader. Not because he was voted as one. Not because the fans say he is. It is because deep in the members' heart, this is the answer. Because he did not give up after so many problems. Because he comforted them when they were down. Because he was able to make their bonds stronger together. Then, all the members, who had noticed the situation, came rushing to Suho, trying to comfort him. Exo is a good boy band. Not because of Suho. Not because of the vocal line. Not because of the rapping skills. Not because of the y dance that they could show. Not because of the looks they had. It was because of the members. The members that remained in the group. The members that helped out each other when they were down. The members that made Exo to come back to life many times despite failures. The members that could pick themselves up and start anew. The members that made them bond even more. The members that never left each other when one needed someone.

Then, Suho spoke up,"Hey, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Lay, Kai, Xiumin, Chen, Sehun and D.O, let's record Promise and our words to Kris, Luhan and Tao, shall we?" All of them grew silent for a moment. Silence means consent. Suho told the managers and stylists that they would be heading to the stage and returning back in a short moment. They nodded and Exo went off to the stage.

As they went to the stage, fans were still exiting from the concert hall. As soon as they saw Exo coming out again, they screamed at the top of their voices.

"Exo-Ls, we will sing an encore of Promise! So, stay if you wish but mind your safety!" Chanyeol said into a micophone which he found on the floor. Upon hearing that, the fans began cheering and screaming. Seeing all the fans' expressions, they smiled as they looked at each other. Lay went on to contact Kris, Luhan and Tao. As soon as their video calls got connected, Lay plugged in to the projectors that displayed the calls. The fans were all screaming hysterically when they caught the sight of Kris, Luhan and Tao. All of them waved a 'hi' to the three.

"Kris, Luhan and Tao, and of course the fans, we would like to present you the song 'Promise'!" which caused all the fans to scream loudly.

Sometimes, I close the door and fall into my thoughts

Thinking about myself on stage

You even liked my clumsy moments

But I wonder if I even deserve that love

You always waited for me at that spot

You embraced me with your arms, so thankful to you

I won't ever forget

I will make you happy

Just like the saying, we are one

Even after time, I couldn't say anything and just swallowed my words

Words saying, I'm sorry, I love you, please believe in me like you do now

I'll hug you, I'll hold your hands

If your heart can be at rest

I'll give it my all

I want to protect your smile (protect)

Always

At some point, it seemed like you were crying even when you were smiling

You couldn't love me with a peaceful heart

And you longed for me as you remembered the memories

My heart ached for you

I couldn't even comfort you, saying that it'll get better, that it'll be forgotten

So I'm nervous again

I want to hold onto you and ask you not to leave

I know I can't turn back a promise that I've already broken

But I want to live and breathe next to you for all my life

I pray that you'll be happy like you were in the beginning

Thank you, I'm sorry, I love you

Even if I give you my everything, it's not enough

My love, I'll protect you forever

Just follow me

You always waited for me at that spot

You embraced me with your arms, so thankful to you

I won't ever forget

I will make you happy

Just like the saying, we are one

Even if it's hard and I'm tired, even if my heart is in pain, I'll go on stage again

I'll muster up my strength once again, for you, who has waited for me

I'll hug you, I'll hold your hands

If your heart can be at rest

I'll give it my all

Such good days

Being on stage on my birthday that I spent with you

When your words became such strength to me

I know

I'll promise you, I won't disappoint you

(I'll promise you, I'll always make you smile)

Promise me, just stay like you are right now

(Promise me so I can see you)

Your heart that must have been in such pain

I will hold it tight

Even after time, I couldn't say anything and just swallowed my words

Words saying, I'm sorry, I love you, please believe in me like you do now

I'll hug you, I'll hold your hands

If we can be together forever

I'll give you my all

I promise you

When the song ended, all the members looked at each other with a slight smile on their faces and the tears that rolled down their cheeks. Some of them even gave a faint laughter.

"Uljima! Uljima!" All the fans were shouting really loudly between sniffs. Exo laughed alittle upon hearing that. However, there were more tears streaming down their cheeks. Their tears never stopped as much as they tried to dry their tears.

"That song was... great!" Kris replied.

"Daebak..." Luhan said.

"That song..." Tao sighed.

"Ha... Haha... That's the end of the song. Exo had started out as 12 members. But, after Growl Era, Kris left..." Chanyeol said.

"Then, Luhan left after Overdose Era..." Sehun spoke.

"Then, Tao left after Call Me Baby Era..." Kai sighed.

"Many thought we would fail because of the members leaving and all the issues like Baekhyun dating Taeyeon. But here we are standing as 9 members. 9 strong members." Chen continued.

"And, we won't leave you, Exo-Ls. Because we've hurt you many times and we want to make up to you all. We don't want you to be hurt again. We will stand when we fall. We will persevere no matter how hard it could be. Believe us." Lay cried.

"9 members in your eyes, 12 members in your heart. We know." D.O stated.

"But, now, we will say this. This is the new era." Baekhyun said.

"A new Exo is born." Xiumin told the fans.

"And we will not admit defeat to any problems. We will put in our best for any performances. We won't disappoint you again. This is the beginning of the new Era with members of stronger mentalities. And, even if the song has ended, our love will never end for you Exo-Ls. Promise is what we would like to tell you Exo-Ls. Because..." Suho's voice trailed.

"We are one and we'll promise you!" Exo shouted in unison and bowed as they held each other's hands.

"Depression. Sadness. All of them were overwhelming him slowly as members left. First Kris. Next Luhan. Now Tao. But he can't do anything about it. He was helpless. He could only watch them leave as all the members shed tears, including him. He can't help them. Was he a failed leader? His inner self would ask sometimes. Now, he could see that everyday, the members were picking up themselves from where they fell. They were growing stronger everyday. Every problem that arise. They looked strong. But Suho knew. He knew that deep in every members' heart, they were really fragile. They could shatter into pieces within seconds. But they tried. They tried to stay strong. At least when the problems arise, it wouldn't be in front of the public. At least the tears that they shed due to sadness wouldn't be shown to the fans. At least when they think about it, it wouldn't be in front of members.

He could see all the members sighing. He knew they were all thinking about the same thing. He knew. Because he was a good leader. Not because he was voted as one. Not because the fans say he is. It is because deep in the members' heart, this is the answer. Because he did not give up after so many problems. Because he comforted them when they were down. Because he was able to make their bonds stronger together.

Exo is a good boy band. Not because of Suho. Not because of the vocal line. Not because of the rapping skills. Not because of the y dance that they could show. Not because of the looks they had. It was because of the members. The members that remained in the group. The members that helped out each other when they were down. The members that made Exo to come back to life many times despite failures. The members that could pick themselves up and start anew. The members that made them bond even more. The members that never left each other when one needed someone."

Exo has reborn into a better boy band. They had grew stronger and wouldn't be easily defeated by challenges. Now they are standing as 9 members. Even if they lose in M Countdowns and other awards, they will always remain as winners because they had already win something that many couldn't do. Themselves which causes problems to happen...