"... go out with me?"

"Would you like to..."

That Friday afternoon, when a stranger approached her out of nowhere.

Warm and fresh. Just like how she liked her favorite warm lemon tea. Eunji was never a big fan of iced beverages especially in this early spring weather. And as per usual, she went straight to her favorite cafe near her college after her last afternoon class and ordered her favorite beverage and a slice of cinnamon cake. She was just folding her coat and beanie nicely beside her when her orders finally came.

Enjoying the warmth from the cup against her palms, she then took a couple of sips of her warm lemon tea before sprawling her stationeries and turning on her notebook. Friday afternoon, in this cozy place, with her warm lemon tea; they were her treasures of charging up her mood of doing her homework before weekend came. Sometimes, her best friend Bomi would join her and she might come today as they had a project to do together for this end of semester.

Eunji had just placed her cup of tea on the table when she noticed that someone was standing across her table. Thus, she then looked up and found a fair guy with slanted eyes and pointed nose was fidgeting on his feet. He was clad in a simple white tee and a pair of ripped jeans and covered by an old-looking trench coat. He bit his lower lip and seemed to speak something but was too nervous. Eunji could see his obvious reddened nosetip that it was obviously not because of the weather since it was warm enough inside the cafe.

"Yes?" she started and was not surprised when he jumped in surprise. He looked up at her for a brief as he immediately lowered his gazed and tried to focus on her cup of warm lemon tea.

"U-uhm... Jung E-eunji, right?" he stuttered.

"Y-yes? Is there anything I can help?" she tilted her head and tried to remember whether she had meet this guy before. And as if he was reading her mind, he then introduced himself.

"Uhm. I'm Sunggyu. Kim Sunggyu. Art department, fine art studio A. The building next to yours...." His introduction somehow confirmed the reason of some colorful tainted parts on his coat sleeves.

Eunji nodded, confirming that the fine art studio was indeed next to her architecture studio building. She blinked confusedly as she still had no idea of this Kim Sunggyu's presence in front of her. They might be in a same art department in college, but Eunji didn't think that she had known him before.

"It might sound creepy, but... honestly I often saw you when you were doing your works in your studio by the window...," he continued and the red tint began creeping on his whole face now as he lowered his face more and scratched his nape nervously. "... and I think I find you pretty."

Her eyes widened and after moment she blinked them more rapidly wondering whether she had misheard his words. But the blushing guy in front of her obviously told her that she was not mishearing every single word he said even though he was stuttering ad blushed madly. But still, she was not sure yet that this stranger she barely knew had just praised her out of nowhere. "Pardon me?"

"Uhm... I find you pretty and I wonder whether you'd like to go out with me?"

This time, her lips were slightly parted and her eyes were opened wider if that was even possible. This stranger had just confesed and asked her out! "W-wait. We barely know each other, how can you suddenly ask anyone to go out with you?" she asked matter-of-fact-ly.

"W-well... that's the point. I want to ask you out so that we could know each other better...," he reasoned. Despited his shy attitude, this guy sure had some guts on him. "And I don't ask for anyone. I'm only asking you... since you are pretty for me," he looked straight at her and his eyes was telling her that there was no pun in his words.

"So... would you like to go out with me?" he asked again, and looked more confident now.

Eunji was still blinking confusedly, but now it was her turn to be blushing because of his sudden confidence and that Eunji had just noticed how charismatic this stranger was despite his somewhat too simple looks.

"O-okay...?" she muttered.

Honestly, he didn't expect to get an answer this instantly from her and he was about to tell her that she could give her answer later. Nevertheless, he eventually smiled when she answered him and she found him cute when he was smiling that happily. "Okay?" he tried to confirm her word.

"Okay,"she nodded and smiled back at him before fidgeting on her own seat. She didn't even know why she was blushing as Jung Eunji had never been so flustered just by a simple confession before!

That Friday afternoon, in her favorite cafe. Her fingers were now fiddling around her cup of lemon tea while she was smiling like a creep to herself as she was remembering how nice his smile was. She took the last sip of her lemon tea. It was still warm and fresh---just as warm and fresh as the guy who had just asked her out and promised to call her later after he finished some of his pieces in his studio.

 

 

 


A/N: As I promised, a simple drabble of GyuJi. And tbh I've written this twice last night but my phone's google chrome was crashed again and again and I lost my original drafts. T_T This final attempt isn't how I originally planned to for my GyuJi drabble but well... I hope it's okay.

Thanks for reading... and comments will be loved (and I told ya that I might write sequel(s) for this---but let's just tag it as 'completed' for now)~♡