Oneshot

Sleepy Confessions

Bang Yongguk jerked awake in his rolly chair with a snort. Blinking, he lifted his head lethargically. A piece of paper that had stuck to his cheek with lyrics scrawled on it fluttered back onto the desk, joining the other messily placed sheets. He looked around at the darkened studio around him with bleary eyes, his blonde hair outrageously disheveled. ‘Shoot. Must have fallen asleep while writing songs again’, he thought groggily as he rubbed his eyes.

 

Getting up, he groaned when his joints protested from having been in the same position for too long. Bang pushed the edge of the desk, the chair letting out a small squeal, to get up.

 

Sleepily, the leader trudged to the kitchen and flicked on the lights to put the yellow coffee mug he had used away into the sink. Yongguk glanced at the members’ closed rooms before deciding to check on them. He looked at the ceiling, “I’m such a dad.”

 

Zelo and Jongup were both in their designated rooms sleeping soundly. The younger of the two muttered something in English, too slurred to understand, while scratching his exposed stomach. Half his body was hanging out of the bed. Bang sighed before slipping Junhong back under the sheets as he protested nosily to make sure the other hadn’t already caught a cold.

 

When Jongup began to stir, Yongguk hastily left the room, closing the heavily-decorated door.

 

Himchan’s individual room contained a tightly snuggled Himchan and Youngjae, the couple spooning each other lovingly. Yongguk shut the door to move on to the two vocalist’s room.

 

Expecting to see his lover in the room alone, he opened the door with a wide smile...only to see an empty, still-made bed. Quickly frowning, his eyes narrowed as he tried to think of where his lover could be this late at night.

 

Bang caught sight of his own room door.

 

‘Hmmm...Could it be...?’ he thought smiling again, twisting the knob.

 

His grin only widened when he saw a half- Daehyun curled up in his bed sheets with his long arms wrapped around his army-styled teddy bear. Long grey pajama bottoms clung precariously on defined hip bones, and his upper body rose and fell with every breath the singer took. Daehyun’s lips were slightly parted, and his long eyelashes brushed against his cheeks.

 

A chuckle escaped Yongguk as he shut the door with a light click.

 

Daehyun stirred awake when long, cordy arms s around his waist and a kind of familiar warmth enveloped his backside. He twisted around to see his lover smiling at him.

 

“Gukkie...” he mumbled cutely, his sleepiness making him particularly clingy. Daehyun burrowed his face into his chest and closed his eyes as he felt Yongguk kiss the top of his head.

 

“Love you, Gukkie.” Yongguk’s heart swelled at the small whisper of rarely said words.

 

“Love you, too, Daehyunnie.”

 

He’d have to stay up more often.