Chapter 1

Make It Different

It was his first day at the new school and to be like his liked, it was pretty good. The school was an elite school, but comfortable and warm enough for his first impression. The first time he entered the class with his house teacher, everybody greeted him warmly. Well, some of the girls were like squeaking around that he didn't even know why. The teacher was nice, but he didn't know the others. He hasn't seen them anyway.

The school was divided in two sections even though still in one block. The first one was for kindergarten that's near the elementary one. The next was junior high that next to the senior high one. That way, the schools were united that the whole parts were really spacious, not to mention the sports outdoor field and indoor gymnastics they had.

Then, now was recess time. Everyone was having their lunch at the canteen or even at the backyard. Some of them were playing on the field. Yongguk was walking himself around the school, the first section only of course, since the second section was apart with parking area which was full with the high school students' cars.

He walked passed corridors with his mind trying to remember his way so he won't get lose. Maybe taking his friends' offer was a good idea, but they said they want to have some food from the canteen and Yongguk didn't feel like eating. He hummed some random songs from his Ipod sometimes did the rap silently. His hands were on his pockets, headset plugged in his ears, and head nodding with the same beat from the song until he heard piercing screams. And when he saw the owner of those screams, his eyes widened.

"J-Joonhong?" he asked himself.

There was small cute little boy in a kindergarten uniform. His face was pale in fear and looking into his eyes could tell that his tears were going to fall in no time. Yongguk felt like approaching him and brought him into his arms, but the problem was, there was another boy.

That elementary boy was maybe only 2 or 3 years old apart from him. He pinned the younger one against the wall with his hands on the sides of the younger's head, making him unable to go anywhere. Suddenly, the stranger boy hit the wall near Joonhong's head, hard enough to make the younger shocked and tears rolled from his smooth pale chubby cheeks, closing his eyes tightly with body shook for the effect.

The strange boy smirked and laughed sarcastically, but it only made Yongguk want to puke. He rose his hand into the air, making a fist. And before he could move it, another hand gripped into his hand tightly, more like squeezing his hand on the wrist. The strange guy in reflect turned his head to his hand and met his eyes with Yongguk's.

Yongguk's expression was hard, flat, cold, and piercing. While his right hand was gripping to the other boy's hand, his left hand unplugged the headset coyly. The strange boy suddenly shoved his hand away roughly and Yongguk let him. That boy snorted, leaving the youngest boy and turned to the new student.

"What?! Do you have any problem here?" the strange boy asked.

Yongguk didn't quickly answer him but sent his cold face first before saying a mere, "Yes."

"What? I don't think you have any business here."

"Yes," Yongguk said again. This time was clearer, "him," he pointed at the youngest guy.

"Him?" the strange looked disbelieved. "Look, I don't even know who you are so stop picking on someone's problem, right?"

"But he is my problem."

The later just sighed heavily and rolled his eyes in annoyed. "Hey, I've given you chance to save yourself, but you didn't use it. So, I think it's not my fault if you're influenced in this."

"I've already been since you pick your own problem by him."

The later just scoffed. His glare was full of hate and anger. "You know, you've better stop talking nonsense about people's problem and go away from my sight. I don't want to waste my energy and time for people like you."

"You already are wasting my time and energy with you bulls."

"What?!" the strange boy spited out. Suddenly, he flied his fist directly to Yongguk face, but the older was way faster. He grabbed his fist and quickly pinned him by arms on his back before the strange boy could react.

Yongguk kept pinning the other boy even though he yelled to make him released. The later struggled hard, but Yongguk was being rigid. He knew that the most the later struggled to free himself, he would hurt his arms worse.

Yongguk released his firm grip from the boy with a forceful shove until he faced the ground with a hard enough thud, making him groaned in pain.

“Go,” Yongguk simply said. The later quickly got up on his feet and without anymore word, ran away like being chased by ghost.

Then something was like hitting his mind. Yongguk turned his full attention now the shaking crying little boy who was hugging himself by knee on the ground. Yongguk approached him and knelt beside him, not rushing because he afraid that he would only make the little boy scared more. Something was like clenching his heart when he saw the little boy staring on him with fear. And Yongguk felt like kicking himself. He just knew that how can he do something rough in front of a kid like Joonhong? He just made him scared to him.

He cleared his throat silently. What should he do? He wasn't really good with soothing someone. "J-Joonhong..." he called his name soundlessly. But the later merely tightened his embrace of himself and backed off from him.

“Joonhong… It’s me.. Yongguk…” he said nearly whispered. “You remember?”

The heavy sobs from the younger boy slowly lowered. With his trembling lips he managed to speak, “Y-Yongguk-hyung?”

A small warm smile formed on Yongguk’s face. He slowly rose his hand and brushed the younger’s smooth hairs. The later flinched a bit but soon relaxed under the touch. “Yeah… It’s me.”

Suddenly, Joonhong burst into tears again. Yongguk was shocked by the later sudden burst. “Who-whoah… Joonhong-ah, you okay? Are you hurt? Did he hurt you?” Yongguk asked him in concerned. His face slightly hardened. If that boy really hurt this little boy, he won’t hesitate to make consideration with him.

But Joonhong merely shook his head between his sobs. Slowly, he opened his small fragile arms wide, staring into Yongguk’s eyes with his teary meaningful stare. Yongguk quickly got what the younger mean. He formed his warm smile and gladly took the little into his arms.

Yongguk could feel the younger boy shaking violently from the cry. His small hands wrapped around the older’s neck and gripped into his shirt tightly. Yongguk let the little boy cried on his shoulder. His left hand rounded on his small figure protectively and the other caressed the younger’s smooth hair, soothing him down.

They stayed like that for some time, not caring the other students staring at them with different faces. Yongguk silently hummed some random song for the younger, until only small sobs could be heard. He slowly released the younger, just to look on his face. His usually bright beautiful eyes were slightly swollen and redden due the tears, and his chubby flawless cheeks were wet and redden as well.

Yongguk gently wiped Joonhong’s tears away with his thumbs and patted his head. “Don’t cry again okay?” he smiled. “You’re fine.”

Joonhong rubs his eyes with his own sleeve, and Yongguk found it somewhat cute. “N-neh…” he nodded his head. “Mi-mianhae, hyung…”

“Why? You’re okay.”

“Y-your sh..hiks… shirt… soaked… hiks… Sorry…” Joonhong said while hiccupping.

Yongguk chuckled a bit at the younger cuteness. “Ah… That’s okay. I’m fine as you are fine. Don’t cry again okay?” he pinched the younger’s cheek lightly.

Joonhong was slightly taken a back. He didn’t know why, but he felt like his cheeks were heated up. Cute pinkish goosebumps crept on his chubby cheeks. Slowly, his lips form into a smile that grew bigger into a grin. “Neh~” he said as he nodded his head cutely.

“Great then,” Yongguk messed up the younger’s hair. “By the way, Joonhong-ah, have you eaten yet?”

Joonhong smiled suddenly faded away and turned into a pout. He stared down to the ground and slowly shakes his head. “N-not yet… He t-throw the food away…” Joonhong said nearly whispered. His face made a sad expression that easily hated by the older boy.

Yongguk didn’t like it when the younger made that face. He preferred him with his smile much better, even though he just knew that also. He sighed, “Joonhong, let’s go to the cafeteria shall we? Let’s grab our lunch together.”

“Ca-cafeteria?” Joonhong asked startled.

“Yup! Let’s go!” Yongguk stood up and offered his hand to help the younger boy stood up. The later took it gladly but simply fall again on his due his feet felt weak. “Joonhong you alright?”

“Yeah…” the younger said, managed to smile but his other hand rubbed his cutely.

“Is anywhere hurt?”

“No, I’m fine hyung.”

Yongguk released a light chuckle. He knelt in front of the younger with his back facing him. “Come on, crawl up to my back.”

But Joonhong didn’t move from his spot, staying like that like a stone.

“Hey, Joonhong, do you want me to leave you here?” Yongguk suddenly asked.

Joonhong liked being snapped. “Y-yeah…” He hesitantly wrapped his small hands around the older’s neck and let Yongguk lifted him up.

“Okay~ Let’s go!” Yongguk said. He jumped a bit, shifting the younger on his back, making him squeaked a bit and gripped into the older’s shirt tightly and shut his eyes. The older merely chuckled on him. “Hang on there okay?”

Joonhong griped into the older’s shirt tighter. He didn’t know why but he felt good. ‘Mom told me not to trust on stranger. And how about Yongguk-hyung? Is he a stranger? What if Mommy mad on me because of this? But…aniya. Mom and Dad seems already know him,’ Joonhong said in his mind and shook his head a bit. He was in his own mind that he let a giggle unconsciously.

Yongguk heard the younger giggling himself. He couldn’t help but smiled at him. “Hey, Joonhong, why are you giggling yourself?”

“Kekeke~ Me? No prob hyung~” the later said but still giggling.

“Hey! Tell me~”

“Nope~ I won’t hyung~” Joonhong said proudly and shook his head roughly.

“You won’t? Fine!” Yongguk smirked, suddenly he jumped like he did when he shifted the younger on his back, making the younger simply squeaked. “Tell me.”

“No! I won’t!” Joonhong yelled, shutting his eyes when the older jumped him again. “Hyung!” he hit Yongguk’s shoulder to make him stop.

Yongguk laughed out and stopped what he was doing. “Haha~ Just kidding.”

Joonhong pouted and gave him another hit before mumbling some random words that obviously cute for the older boy. He shifted himself on the older’s back, tightened his grip, and laid his head on the older’s nape comfortably.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

“Woah~” Joonhong’s eyes widened in delight as Yongguk brought the foods to their table for both of them.

“Let’s eat!”

Joonhong nodded. He palmed his hand together and bowed a bit. “I’ll eat well,” he said.

Yongguk ruffled his hair and gave him a spoon. “Here, take it. Dig in.”

Joonhong spooned a spoonful of food and munched it happily. The older smiled on him while eating his food slowly. He then put some eggroll to the younger plate, “Eat this okay?” and got happy nods from the younger.

“Does it taste good?” Yongguk asked.

“Yup~ Thank you Yongguk-hyung~” and the older messed up his hair again.


Leggion96 is in the house~ ^o^ The first chapter is posted~ I hope you enjoy this story. What do you think about this one? Do leave comment okay? I like reading your comments ^^

Thank you for all the readers, subscribers, and commentators ^^