1 of 2

Stop and Stare (but only at me)

 

Word Count: 5,659 words


 

Being the young CEO of one of the largest conglomerates in South Korea was certainly not an easy feat at all. Besides balancing family expectations and burgeoning societal scrutiny, the heaviest weight crowned on him came in the form of his duties and responsibilities to the countless staff working under him.

 

Kim Jongin might just be considered a young man at the prime age of twenty-five, fresh out of graduate school, with big dreams he’d like to pursue, but being into the harsh business world because of his father’s untimely death meant that at the age where most of his peers were either loitering the streets looking for a job or just a general direction of where they want to be a few years down the road, Kim Jongin had to give up his personal aspirations to fulfil his duty as a son. There is no denying that he is a man of power; he had the lives of thousands of people in his hands.

 

And capable hands they were. When so many industry veterans had predicted his failure and his father’s company’s fall when he took over the reigns, Jongin sure made everyone retract their words for under his management, Kim Conglomerates blossomed. At twenty-five, the CEO was already leagues above the rests. Having spent everyday since he’d taken over working his off for the company, as he’d promised his father on his deathbed, Jongin barely knew what rest is.

 

“So what’s the next item on my schedule?” Jongin rushed out of the building in which he’d just concluded a long meeting and allowed for himself to be herded into his waiting car by his personal assistant.

 

“Uhm… !” Jongin almost snorted when his PA scrambled for his handy notebook, only to drop it on the ground in his haste to get the information Jongin was asking for. He knew the new guy had only just started this job barely a week ago, but he didn’t need to be so nervous still, did he? Baekhyun had emitted an embarrassingly loud squawk when he’d dropped the book, shooting a worried glance over at his boss because the younger was not known to be a patient man.

 

“I’m sorry!” Baekhyun squeezed his eyes shut and folded his body in half. And he had intended to remain bowing if not for Jongin grabbing at his arm to pull him to straighten up. “Why are you so scared of me? I won’t fire you just because you dropped your scheduler. Relax…” He smirked at Baekhyun before sliding his body into the backseat of the car. Well, rumor has it that Jongin once fired his assistant because he’d stepped on his dog’s tail on accident. Baekhyun gulped before settling into the front passenger seat. He didn’t know if he could believe what the other had just said to him.

 

“So what’s my next appointment?” Jongin repeated. Oh right, I almost forgot! “A one-thirty bi-weekly meeting with Director Kim from Finance. The agenda for today’s meeting would be for him to provide an update on the construction of our new facilities in Jeju’s resort.” Baekhyun looked almost proud that he’d finished his mini-speech without peeking so much at the book in his hands. Jongin glanced at his watch and smiled. 10:45am, it read.

 

“Great, which means I can have lunch. Finally.” He hummed and poked Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Let’s have lunch together. It’s been a week since you’ve joined and I haven’t had the chance to eat lunch with my PA? That doesn’t make any sense. My treat. Let’s go.” Jongin chuckled. Baekhyun gulped and joined in his boss’s laughter. He didn’t mention it’s because he’d been trying to avoid having lunch with Jongin, fearing that it’d be too awkward.

 

“Where should we eat?” Jongin voiced out, just as a grimace was about to make its way onto Baekhyun’s face because the inevitable had come. “I don’t usually eat lunch on my own… all those lunch meetings, you know.” Baekhyun attempted to smile and nod his head lightly. “Where do you usually go for lunch?” Jongin asked with his eyes trained not on his PA but on his phone. There was a frown on the other’s face. Probably reading something important. Baekhyun shook his head. Is there ever a time Jongin isn’t working? It was a rhetorical question.

 

“I usually grab a bite at the café right across the street from our building.” Baekhyun turned around in his seat, “They sell really good pastas. Should we go there?” Jongin didn’t even look up or answer him in words, just a simple nod and grunt. A yes it is… Baekhyun sighed and leaned over to tell their driver to bring them back to the HQ. He’d always admired the younger for being at his position, but when he’d started working for him, that’s when Baekhyun actually saw the other side of Kim Jongin that not many knew.

 

I kind of pity you, Kim Jongin. He shot a glance back at the said man. You’re rich and famous, but you’re always tied down by work and nothing else. Jongin was now speaking to someone on the phone and Baekhyun could only turn to face the front again. Have you ever lived life for yourself and not for your family and the expectations loaded on you? Baekhyun’s sure the other must have felt frustrated and stressed throughout his time at the helm, but he knows that Jongin won’t give up his empire that easily. It would take a miracle for Jongin to prioritize something else over work. A miracle that Baekhyun couldn’t define, but he certainly wishes for it to come soon if only to give his boss a little respite.

 


 

“This is really, really good!” Jongin smiled appreciatively and inhaled a couple more mouthfuls of his carbonara before switching his attention to his phone when it had pinged at the arrival of a new email in his inbox. He didn’t know what got over him, but Baekhyun just snapped because it wasn’t the first time and can’t Jongin not look at his phone for a second?! “Yah! Can you just eat and not touch your phone for like an hour at most?” Baekhyun scowled. When a frown made its way onto Jongin’s face, Baekhyun’s eyes enlarged at once as he ducked his head. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry! I didn’t know what got over me…” He pinched his eyes shut and prayed that his boss wouldn’t fire him right there and then.

 

He was waiting to hear it, the two words “You’re fired” from the other, but he was pleasantly surprised when Jongin started laughing. “You’re pretty amusing.” The younger choked out, and surprise surprise; he actually slipped his phone back into his coat’s pocket. Baekhyun was left gaping. “I think I’ll keep you, Byun Baekhyun.” Jongin chuckled before gesturing at the other’s plate of aglio olio. “You’re not going to finish that?” He asked. Baekhyun gulped and picked up his fork, nibbling on a small piece of prawn timidly.

 

“I’m sorry, boss. I didn’t mean to criticize you for being so obsessed over work all the time, which you kind of are by the way” He blushed slightly, “but that’s besides the point.” He rushed out. Jongin had cocked one of his eyebrows, as if he was urging the other to continue speaking. “You’re only twenty-five, Jongin-sshi… Don’t you think you should learn how to enjoy life a little instead of always being so strung up with business dealings and what not?” Baekhyun frowned. “Just my own personal opinion!” He interjected when Jongin looked as if he was about to rebut his claim. “You should get out there and live life a little…” Baekhyun’s words trailed off into a whisper.

 

“I’m a CEO.” Jongin said simply. “I barely have time to eat and sleep.” Baekhyun frowned. “But that shouldn’t be the case, Jongin!” If the latter noticed that Baekhyun had failed to keep to the honorifics, he didn’t mention anything. “When’s the last time you actually took a day off?” Jongin cocked his head to the side and contemplated. “Five years ago?” He shrugged. “And that doesn’t bother you?” Baekhyun gasped. “Not really.” Jongin shook his head, “Besides… if I really do get a day off, honestly, I’ll be stumped as to how I should spend the time.”

 

Baekhyun slapped his forehead. “Well, since you’re done with your lunch and I’m not… Why don’t you take the time you have left before your next meeting to just sit back and not think about work?” Jongin hummed and leaned back into his seat. Baekhyun had made it sound like he was challenging Jongin to not think about work for the next couple of minutes. “Sounds pretty simple enough.” Jongin smiled; he’d always like a good challenge. They were seated at the outdoor seats by the sidewalk, the cool temperatures of spring enjoyable as they lunched.

 

When seconds ticked by and the silence was beginning to get awkward, Jongin cleared his throat and pointed at the building across the road. “I didn’t know you can see my office from here.” He ignored the sound of Baekhyun choking on his pasta, “Wait- So does that mean members of the public have been watching me all these years without me knowing?” Jongin gaped at his PA. I hope they didn’t catch the times I’d dig my nose because that will make news!

 

Baekhyun could only roll his eyes. “You are impossible, Kim Jongin.” He sighed, “Not one minute has gone by and you’re already talking about your office of all things… it’s like your mind is auto-tuned to revolve around work.” Jongin spluttered, “B-But I- well, never mind… What else am I supposed to talk about?” He frowned. “I don’t know! Why don’t you people-watch, like what other normal people will do when they have a bit of spare time?” Baekhyun suggested, nibbling at the end of a strand of noodle. Jongin narrowed his eyes at the other. Can’t he eat any faster?

 

“People-watch?” He asked instead. Baekhyun nodded and pointed at a certain direction with his fork. “Like if I were you, I’ll be commenting about that cute waiter over there.” The other mentioned absentmindedly before blushing and shooting anxious eyes at Jongin because he’d admitted to ogling another male in front of his boss. The South Korean culture always has been pretty homophobic and Baekhyun didn’t know if Jongin was one of those who’d always been vocal against gays.

 

“I didn’t mean-” He was silenced by Jongin’s soft chuckle. “It’s okay, Baekhyun.” The said male found a smile creeping onto his face because he knew Jongin didn’t mind by the way he was smiling gently at him. “I’m not against gays.” The other whispered, giving him a wink at the end. It’s so easy to Jongin smirked inwardly. Baekhyun almost choked on his pasta again because did his boss just give the wink? “Are you gay too?!” He choked out, only to flush red and shoot sorry glances at Jongin because his voice wasn’t exactly soft when he’d said it. “Why don’t you just declare it on national TV instead, I think there are still some people who didn’t hear you.” Jongin hissed.

 

“By the way, the answer to your question is that I’m quite open.” He added a second later. “I’ve had flings with both females and males before, it’s just… I don’t really have much time to sustain a relationship.” Baekhyun hummed in response. “What about you then? Are you in a relationship now?” Jongin asked. “Oh no!” Baekhyun blushed, “I’m single and ready to mingle.” He joked and Jongin joined him in his laughter. “Then why don’t you ask out your cute waiter then?” The younger wriggled his brows.

 

A look of horror spread on Baekhyun’s face when Jongin waved the said waiter over. He quickly nudged the other’s leg multiple times, only to straighten up and smile shyly when the waiter reached their table. “Yes, sirs… What can I get for you?” He was tall and quite pale; Baekhyun wasn’t prepared for the deep voice though. “Hi, this is my friend, Baekhyun, over here.” Jongin got straight to introducing the currently fidgeting male. “H-Hi…” Baekhyun shyly lifted his hand in greeting when the waiter turned his way to give him an acknowledging nod. “What can I get for you two?” The waiter repeated again.

 

“Well, why don’t you ask Baekhyun?” Jongin gestured at his PA who was still staring wide-eyed at the waiter. If you wait long enough, drool would most probably flow from the edge of Baekhyun’s open mouth because the wind had decided to grace them with its presence suddenly and the waiter’s collarbones had made a surprise appearance no thanks to the open button on his top. “I-I…” He stuttered, ignoring the encouraging look on his boss’s face. A flash of impatience swept past the waiter’s face. “I wanted to know your name!” Baekhyun blurted. “And your phone number too.” Jongin added in, giving Baekhyun a small wink.

 

“Sehun?” The voice could only be described as melodious. The waiter whipped around just like that; though the mention of his name had been soft, somehow, the voice carried over the noise from a nearby table where a group of rowdy teenagers had gathered. “I’ve got to go.” The waiter- Sehun murmured before rushing away towards a table in the far corner at once, leaving Baekhyun to gape because he’d learnt the other’s name and leaving Jongin to frown because that was kind of rude for the waiter to just brush them off like that. How did he even hear his name being called? All I heard was a faint whisper-like voice. He narrowed his eyes in the direction Sehun had fled to, half-determined to scold the patron that had stolen their waiter from them. Jongin’s words died in his throat when he caught a glimpse of the male Sehun was speaking to though.

 

He couldn’t explain why he found himself staring at the other. Being a busy man, Jongin’s mind almost always doesn’t have time to linger on faces, but somehow, he couldn’t keep his eyes off those large orbs. As Baekhyun was still fanning his cheeks and mumbling to himself, Jongin had rolled his eyes and gave up on the other a long time ago when he’d began to giggle to himself, he stared as Sehun crouched down beside the small male. They were just out of his hearing range and Jongin frowned. Not because he couldn’t hear what the pair were conversing about, but because he didn’t know why he cared enough to want to hear what they were saying.

 

“What are you staring at, boss?” Baekhyun’s voice penetrated his mind and Jongin jolted upright. “N-Nothing…” He stuttered, cursing himself inwardly. His PA narrowed his eyes at him before glancing over at the direction he’d been staring at. “Were you staring at my Sehun?” Your Sehun? Jongin arched an eyebrow. Baekhyun scowled, “Do you like him too? Are you trying to steal him from me? FIGHT ME I WILL TAKE YOU DOWN.”

 

Jongin held both his hands up in surrender right away. “I wasn’t ogling your love interest, relax.” Possessive, aren’t you? The CEO snorted. “Oh…” Baekhyun fell silent before a faint blush appeared. “Forget what I said then.” His eyes darted to Jongin’s. “Haha.” He grimaced awkwardly. Jongin blinked spastically. It’s almost like Baekhyun has split personality disorder; one minute he’ll act all meek and nervous in front of Jongin, the next, he’ll threaten to go all Taekwondo on him.

 

“Who’s that?” Jongin cleared his throat and pointed at the male Sehun was still speaking to. He tried to make his voice sound as nonchalant as possible. Thankfully, Baekhyun didn’t question his sudden interest in the stranger. “I don’t have his name, but that guy comes to this café every single day.” He pointed out. Jongin raised his eyebrows when Sehun squeezed the other into a side-hug before walking away and back inside the café. “Come to think about it… he always sits at the same table when I come in for lunch.” Jongin hummed offhandedly at Baekhyun’s remark, his eyes still trained on the other. “Are you interested in him?” The PA raised his voice excitedly, only for Jongin to shut him up with a withering glare. There was something odd in the way the male keeps staring off into the distance, remaining oblivious to his nearby surroundings.

 

Yes, Jongin was intrigued. 

 


 

“So can I tell the contractors to go ahead with the plan?” Junmyeon frowned and looked up when he got no reply from Jongin. There was a blank look on the CEO’s face as he stared out of his office’s window. “Have you not been listening to what I’ve been saying for the past half hour?” The Chief of Finance scowled and slammed his bound copy of the proposal he’d just been pitching onto the other’s desk, startling the younger. Junmyeon didn’t even feel bad when his cousin toppled off his seat and onto the floor. “I’m okay!” Jongin popped up almost immediately and gave the other a sheepish grin.

 

“What were you saying, hyung?” The CEO scratched at the back of his neck awkwardly. “What were you staring at?” Junmyeon frowned and stood from his seat, pacing over to stand behind Jongin’s desk. “I wasn’t staring at him, hyung!” The younger rushed out, standing up as well and attempting to block his cousin from looking out of the glass window. “Him?” The CFO raised an eyebrow. It was obvious that Jongin must have been staring at the café across the street; there wasn’t much else to see besides the lively café as other boring skyscrapers surrounded them. The better question was whom the other had been staring at. It would surely be someone pretty attractive if he or she had managed to catch Jongin’s attention.

 

Junmyeon craned his neck to look past Jongin’s shoulder but found that he couldn’t because the other was pretty insistent on preventing him from doing so. Also because he was much shorter than his younger cousin. “ you!” Junmyeon scowled before spinning around to walk out of Jongin’s office. “Come find me when you’ve plucked your head out of the clouds.” He muttered before leaving.

 

The second he left, Jongin jumped to sit on his chair, wheeled himself over to the window and pressed his face right up the glass. His hands were pressed right up beside his face. The CEO could care less if the people on the ground could see up his nostrils, all he could think about was the unmoving male still sitting at that corner table. “What are you staring at?” Jongin mumbled to himself. There wasn’t anything interesting enough for the other to be staring at in such a transfixed manner. He watched as Sehun walked out and sat beside the other male. His face was breaking off into a brilliant smile at the other’s presence, and Jongin was blinded.

 

He should smile at me like that. Jongin frowned. Wait, what? He shuddered and squinted at the pair. “Are they dating?” He squeaked when he saw Sehun lean in to prop his ear against the other’s cupped mouth. The waiter smiled after a minute and nodded enthusiastically before walking away to tend to another customer. Jongin watched as the other male waved him off without really looking at him, before plucking out a small book from his bag and flipping it open. “What is he doing?” He murmured to himself as he watched the other trace the pages with his fingers.

 

“What are you doing?” There was a sudden voice too close to his ear and Jongin yelped, knocking his head against the glass, before falling to ground again. Baekhyun jumped back and raised his arms in mock surrender at once. “Are you a ghost? Why did you creep up like that?” Jongin snapped and glared at his PA who did not look sorry at all. You’re the creep for flat-out stalking someone, Baekhyun wanted to retort. “Anyway why are you in my office?” The CEO cleared his throat and wheeled his seat back to his desk. He then pretended to flip open a thick file to study the documents like he hadn’t been acting weird before. Baekhyun scoffed. He thinks I don’t know that he’s been staring at that man for the past hour now.

 

“I wanted to remind you that you have an interview at five.” Jongin nodded before waving his hands at the other. “I got it, you can go out now!” He shooed Baekhyun away before gesturing at the small stack of files at the corner of his desk. “I’m very busy you know…” Jongin sighed exaggeratedly. Baekhyun was suspicious but he nodded and left anyways. Once the other was gone, the CEO attempted to start vetting the agreement letter laid out in front of him, but not one sentence in, Jongin’s head was glancing behind him and across the road at the café once more. This was the first time he’d ever neglected his work to pay attention on something else, in this case, someone else; even he himself was taken aback because why makes you so special? Jongin frowned.

 


 

“Staying overtime today again, boss?” Baekhyun asked politely as they headed out of the meeting room and back towards their office’s floor. It was slightly past six in the afternoon now, the time where most employees will leave for the day. Six was also the time the PA left work usually, unlike his boss who was notorious for leaving office only past ten at night. But to his surprise, Jongin shook his head. “Not today, there’s somewhere I have to be.” Baekhyun arched his eyebrow and followed the other into the lift. “You have a date or something tonight?” He probed. “D-D-Date?” Jongin stuttered dumbly before a suspicious blush made its way onto his face. “No, no, no! I just thought of enjoying a cup of coffee at the café across the street.” The younger’s eyes darted to Baekhyun’s face before he stared holes into his own pair of shoes.

 

Baekhyun almost snorted because since when does Kim Jongin drinks coffee?! He clearly remembered his first day at work where he’d enthusiastically prepared the other a delicious warm cup of coffee in a bid to butter up to his boss. Needless to say, Jongin had rejected the drink without even looking at it. “I hate coffee. It tastes like poison. Don’t you dare make coffee for me again.” Those were his exact words. So why does he want to grab a cup of coffee now? Jongin was tapping his foot anxiously, well aware that Baekhyun was currently judging him so hard. “I thought you hated coffee?” He asked. There was a light teasing tone to his question.

 

Jongin merely grunted and brushed past him quickly when the lift doors opened. He reminded Baekhyun so much of a suspicious character attempting to evade questioning and capture by the police. “It’s that cutie from across the street right?” The PA crowed. The next second, Jongin had popped his head out of his office to give him a withering glare. And Baekhyun just knew that he’d hit the nail right on the head.

 


 

Well, if this isn’t a lucky coincidence… Jongin smiled proudly before approaching the table where the male sat alone. All the other neighboring tables were full; Jongin pretends not to see the unoccupied table to the right, and pressed on, strawberry smoothie held tight in his hand. He doesn’t see the worried frown Sehun shot him from where the waiter stood inside the café. “Hi, may I sit here?” Jongin asked. He certainly wasn’t expecting the other male to start, book flying out of his hand and landing on the sidewalk beside him. “I’m sorry!” He quickly apologized and scooped up the book before placing it in front of the other on the table.

 

“It’s okay…” The other’s voice was so soft that Jongin had to crane his neck to listen. “And yes, you may sit with me.” Jongin looked so confused because the man was facing him, yet, he wasn’t exactly looking at him. The CEO turned his head to his left to check if the other was staring at something else, but there wasn’t anything behind him so he turned to face the other again. “Uhm… I’m over here.” He chuckled softly, waving his hands in front of the other’s eyes for good measure. “Oh. Sorry.” Faint pink appeared on his face, it wasn’t one of shyness but one of embarrassment, but Jongin wasn’t to know. Finally. Jongin smiled because finally, he was finally met with that beautiful pair of wide eyes.

 

“I’m Jongin. What’s your name?” He blurted out. There was a moment of hesitation before the other turned away and began fiddling with his fingers. “Kyungsoo.” The male –Kyungsoo called out softly. Jongin nodded before blurting out again, “A beautiful fitting name for a beautiful man, Kyungsoo.” When he realized what he’d just said, Jongin’s eyes widened before he banged his head twice on the table because what the was that, Jongin?

 

There go all the filters in his mouth. He was a public figure for god’s sake, he’d accepted countless of interviews and he’d aced every single one of his public speeches, so why were his words turning to mush in front of this particular guy? Kyungsoo blushed and toyed with his shirt, so at least the other’s reaction could be considered as somewhat of an achievement, Jongin notes.

 

Just when the silence between them stretched, Kyungsoo jolted, as if he’d remembered something, and turned to the side to face the sidewalk. “Uhm…” He nibbled anxiously on his bottom lip, “I dropped my book earlier when you startled me… Can you help me pick it up?” What? Jongin furrowed his brows and stared in confusion at the said book placed on the table. Because he’d remained silent, Kyungsoo had actually leaned down to search for the book by feeling the floor with his bare hands.

 

That’s when he knew. You can’t see… You’re blind? “But your book is right here? On the table… I picked it up for you.” He said out softly, watching as Kyungsoo straightened up and turned his body in the direction of his voice before placing his hands on the table top, finally finding what he was looking for. “Oh. I’m sorry.” The other’s face was now blank; he must have known that Jongin had finally figured out he was blind. “I didn’t know because I’m-” Kyungsoo’s words were lodged in his throat. “Because I’m-”

 

“It’s okay. You don’t have to say it.” Jongin interjected. I know. He studied Kyungsoo’s face carefully. If the silence before was awkward, the silence now was suffocating. Did he know that the other was blind? No, he didn’t. But does it matter now that he’d found out he was? Jongin shook his head defiantly because even if the other couldn’t see, it didn’t make him any less human. The same amount of respect should still be given to Kyungsoo; the other didn’t need his pity. “I don’t want your pity.” Kyungsoo choked out suddenly. Jongin could see some tears pooling at the corner of the other’s eyes but he didn’t comment on it, fearing that it’d set him off.

 

“I don’t pity you.” He replied simply. “Quite the contrary, really.” Jongin smiled at the shock on Kyungsoo’s face. “I find you really admirable.” He said seriously before clearing his throat and picking up the other’s book. “Nice book you’ve got here…” Jongin attempted to switch their conversation topic, “Is it interesting?” The pages of the book were not lined with words but with small dots that came together to paint the story – braille. “It’s so cool how you can read this.” Jongin commented, “It’s almost like a secret code only you can decipher, very James Bond-esque.” At least Kyungsoo let out a soft chuckle. And Jongin’s heart lifted.

 

For the next half hour or so, the conversation flowed naturally between them. Even Jongin was surprised at how it easy it was to speak with the other, chatting up just about everything under the sky. He’d always had a very closed-off personality; only Junmyeon and his immediate family were considered close to him, knowing everything there is to know about him. But he doesn’t feel uncomfortable sharing details about his life with Kyungsoo. Which is telling by itself really.

 

“Your occupation?” It was Kyungsoo’s turn to ask a question. “Uhm… his eyes glanced over to the building across the road aka. his building, “I’m a businessman.” He replied. “I work around here actually.” Kyungsoo hummed, “The nine to five kind of white-collar worker?” Jongin shook his head and took in the last mouthful of his smoothie. “I’m actually a CEO.” He sounded almost modest when he’d said it. Did I sound like I was flaunting my position because I certainly won’t want Kyungsoo to think that I was? Jongin bit down on his bottom lip; it was a nervous tic.

 

“Oh.” The surprise was evident on the other’s face. “You must be a very busy man then.” Kyungsoo replied after awhile. Well, Jongin couldn’t really deny that. “What about you?” He returned the other’s initial question. Do you work or…? “I’m currently not employed.” Kyungsoo hung his head and Jongin berated himself inwardly for causing the sudden drop in the other’s mood. “But I see the positive side in not having a job.” Jongin said, “I get so busy and stressed sometimes that I wish I can just take off and sleep all day.” He chuckled.

 

“It must be tough for you…” There was almost a layer of pity coating Kyungsoo’s words. Jongin hummed, “But it’s my job… a duty to my family when my dad passed on the business to me.” What can I do? He shrugged. “But don’t you have other dreams? Like your personal interests… what did you want to become when you were young?” The blind man questioned. “Of course I did!” Jongin exclaimed before leaning closer to Kyungsoo’s ear. “Don’t tell anyone I said this, but I wanted to be a professional dancer when I was growing up.” The latter giggled. “That’s a vast difference – a dancer and a CEO.” Jongin nodded and laughed, “Well, it was either dancer or professional dog-walker for me.” It sounded so ridiculous that Kyungsoo burst out into a bout of laughter.

 

“It isn’t funny!” Jongin huffed in all seriousness. But contrary to being upset because the other was laughing at him, the CEO found himself smiling along because did anyone ever noticed that Kyungsoo’s lips can curl up into heart-shaped smile? “I really do like dogs, okay?” Jongin said softly. “Well, judging by your personality, or rather, what I’ve gathered from the short time we’ve spent talking to each other, I would say it doesn’t come to a surprise to me.” Kyungsoo smiled. He didn’t know why he did it, but Jongin reached up to hold the other’s chin before turning his head gently so that Kyungsoo’s face was now facing him directly and not away from him. I wish you could see me.

 

There was a faint blush creeping up the other’s face, but their short moment was interrupted when Sehun strode up to them with an indescribable expression on his face. He barely glanced at Jongin before he knelt down beside Kyungsoo. “Soo?” Sehun called out softly, warm palm placed on the said man’s thigh. Jongin notes that Kyungsoo wasn’t even surprised by the sudden appearance of the waiter. “Hi Sehunnie… Your shift ended already?” Kyungsoo beamed and looked down, and to Jongin’s surprise, Kyungsoo was actually looking at the crouching waiter and not a centimeter to his left or right. His heart fell because it kind of explains how accustomed the blind man was to the other; further emphasizing their close relationship.

 

“Yes, we can go home now.” Sehun finally turned to give Jongin the once-over. “Was this man bothering you?” The CEO leaned back slightly because that was quite an intimidating glare. “I would never hurt him.” Jongin blurted out at the same time Kyungsoo shook his head and said, “No, we were just having a lovely conversation actually.” Sehun was still eyeing him like he didn’t believe what he’d said. Jongin was very tempted to stick his tongue out at the waiter. Yes, very mature, Kim Jongin.

 

“Let’s go home, Hunnie…” Kyungsoo stood and held out his arm, to which Sehun sidled right up to him straightaway. “Chanyeol didn’t come today.” He said so softly. Sehun nodded, though there was a pained smile on the waiter’s face. There were two questions on Jongin’s mind really – Home… you mean the pair was staying together? And who’s Chanyeol? He stood up quickly and took a step towards Kyungsoo, who already had his back turned and was being guided away by Sehun. “Wait, Kyungsoo!” Jongin called out. Both males halted and turned around. “Oh, I forgot… bye Jongin.” Kyungsoo smiled and waved back, eyes drifted over to Jongin’s left.

 

You can’t just leave like that… Jongin pouted because he really enjoyed spending time with the other. And I don’t have your phone number… “Will I see you again?” was the question that tumbled out of his mouth instead. Sehun was still glaring at him, arms wrapped protectively around Kyungsoo’s shoulders. But Jongin’s focus was only on the shorter man. “I come to the café everyday.” Kyungsoo smiled, though there was just something off about the way his lips curled up only slightly, unlike the full-blown heart-shaped grin he’d graced the other earlier. “Goodbye, Jongin.” He nodded before Sehun tugged on his arm gently and they were walking away again.

 

And this time, Jongin just lets him go.

 

 

 

 


A/N: 

Still plenty of details not revealed yet HOHO ^^

Are you curious about Chanyeol? Who do you think Sehun is to Kyungsoo? blah blah blah... You'll have to wait to find out! ;)

And creepy (but adorbs) Jongin spying on Kyungsoo from his office HAHAHA XD

Let me know what you guys think of the first part by leaving a comment down below <3