The Beginning

Divided and Conquered
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona took her time arming herself. Aside from the assortment of knifes she placed strategically throughout her body, she placed her baby in its holster at her back. She rarely got attached to anything, or anyone, but her custom-made double headed axe was a sight to behold. It had a longer head than most axes and was surprisingly light. That coupled with its edges sharpened to perfection made it perfect for slicing through any undead that stood in her way.

Once prepared she quickly made her way to the barracks to relay the new orders to her fellow soldiers. She walked in, head held high. Every eye in the room was on her. She always felt a tinge of pride every time she saw the high regard the soldiers had for her. She was by no means conceited, but she had earned her position as commander by means she would rather not think about and sometimes her success made up, in a very small way, for all the bad she had seen.

“Everyone, the treaty has been established between the lands of the west and our union. The nations shall, from this moment on, work together to maintain the safety of the non-infected.” Gasps could be heard throughout the room; it was common knowledge that even in this time of peril the Lands of the West and the Union had very bad blood between them. “I understand that this may come as a shock to a lot of you but the Lands of the North have been overrun. We cannot lose any more people simply because we don’t get along. Working together will increase survival.”

The treaty called for a truce. When the infection began to spread, order became a thing of the past. From the ashes of the old world rose five civilizations, The Lands of the West, East, North, South, and The Union. The Union was the last of these to rise as it comprised mainly of outlying villages from the other lands that were often left unprotected. The villagers, together formed the Union and renounced any allegiances to the other four civilizations.

Just two years ago the Lands of the South and East were compromised. The South has since become a dead zone and as for the East, every once in a while a few survivors would wander to Union territory seeking shelter, but there was no form of gov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter