It's Never Too Late

It's Never Too Late

Tired. That’s the only word that could come up in Taeyeon’s head. From head to toe, all of her body were aches. She didn’t understand why was her schedule always packed. Starting from radio, music shows to magazine photography. She sighed deeply as her hands keeps pushing her apartment’s floor. Lucky, there’s no one in the lift. She couldn’t even form a small smile to greet anyone. Tiredness plastered in her face. Finally, she arrived at her apartment’s floor. Not wanting to waste her time, she entered her apartment’s password. As the door opened, darkness was the only thing she could saw. yeah, she forgot now she lived alone. No greetings. No chattings could be heard. It’s just empty. Her lips curled up into a disappointed smile. She walked slowly towards her room. Her apartment was not that big, but it became bigger as Taeyeon is the only who lived here. After getting into her bedroom, she threw herself into a comfy bed that always accompanied her night.

“I’m so tired.” She said sadly. She curled up in her bed, not only tiredness, but loneliness now all over her body as well. Tears flew through cheek and she only smiled. Her phone buzzed and Heechul oppa was written in the ID caller. She hurriedly picked it up.

“Hello, oppa.” She said happily, she didn’t want to make her oppa worried.

“Aish, Taeyeon-ah, you don’t have to speak like that, I know you are lonely right now. Come here, Taeyeon-ah. Let’s celebrate your birthday.” Heechul persuaded Taeyeon to come over. He knew that his little sister was lonely, but he wouldn’t let it happen. Not in her birthday.

Taeyeon suddenly sat in her bed. That thought suddenly popped up in her mind. Right, today is her birthday, how could she forget it? she must have been really busy.

“Ah, oppa. I don’t feel like I wanna go to the club right now, I’m sooo tired. Mianhae, oppa.” Taeyeon felt sorry, but she didn’t wanna go to the club. What if her sisters were coming here and found Taeyeon was nowhere to be seen, they must be disappointed.

“Yah, Kim Taeyeon! Are you going to spend your birthday alone again? I’m kindly asking you out right now, don’t pretend that you are tired.” Heechul tried to light Taeyeon’s mood up. But, it seemed failed cause he could hear Taeyeon sighed deeply.

“I’m sorry, oppa. But, I really didn’t wanna go. What if my members came here and I’m with you in the club. Wouldn’t they be disappointed? I don’t want last year’s moment to be repeated. I’m really sorry, oppa and I really appreciate your effort to make me happy on my birthday. I really thankful for it.” Taeyeon said truthfully. Yes, she didn’t want last year’s moment repeated. She thought her members forgot her birthday, so he went out with Kangin oppa, but actually SNSD already prepared a surprised and they had to go home empty handed because Taeyeon wasn’t at home. They didn’t blame Taeyeon though because it was late night already and in a couple of hours her birthday ended. But, still Taeyeon felt guilty towards her member and she didn’t want this year that event happened again.

“All right, then. Just promise me you don’t cry on your birthday, okay?” Heechul assured Taeyeon to be okay again.

“Yes, oppa. I promise. I gotta hang up now, oppa.” Taeyeon said.

“Okay.”

“Taeyeon-ah..” Heechul hesitantly said.

“Yes, oppa?” Taeyeon asked confusedly. Why did Heechul’s voice suddenly change?

“Happy birthday, my little sister. I wish you all the best. You might grow older Taeyeon-ah, but you always be my little sister. Please, be a strong person, ignored all of your haters, and smile more Taeyeon-ah. You know you are beautiful when you smile. Also, don’t think about all the negativity people said to you. Just enjoy your life, arasseo?” Heechul said on the other line. His soft voice finally cracked Taeyeon’s heart. She was crying right now. She knew Heechul is a kind oppa and always be there for her. But hearing his advice for her right now really made her cry.

“Ya- are you crying?” Heechul pretended to get angry.

“No, I’m not. Something gets into my eyes, oppa.” Taeyeon pretended as well. ‘Aish, this oppa. I just felt moved by his words last second and now he made me embarrased. Lucky, I like you, oppa’ Taeyeon thought. But, then a small smile form in her lips. It was her first gentle smile for today.

“Aish. Your room must be dirty. You should clean your room often, Kim Taeyeon.” Heechul said.

“All right, Mr. Kim. Now would you mind if I hang up because I wanna take a bath.” Taeyeon asked while making her way to the bathroom.

“All right, all right, then. Good night Taeyeon-ah.” He said.

“Good night, oppa.” Taeyeon said and threw her phone in her bed. She hurriedly went into the bathroom and clear herself.

After a long bath, finally she felt freshen up. It seemed like all of the weigh in her shoulder already thrown somewhere else. Then, she wear her short pants and took one of her white sweater. Because her hair was short right now, she had no intention to dry it. she just let it dry by itself. She walked to her kitchen and opened the refrigerator. She took an apple juice and some snacks then bringing it to her living room. She sit in one of the sofa and her television. She chose KBS and watched her new favorite drama, Descendants of The Sun. While waiting the drama to start, she opened her phone and found tons of messages saying happy birthday to her. She smiled widely and replied to some of them. After replying the message, she opened her SNS and looked at the comments section. She smiled again, this time was wider because she saw her fans, SONEs sent her many birthday wishes. She’s just soo thankful for SONEs. She had no idea, what would her days went by without them, although there are haters everywhere, but now she thought about SONEs more than her haters. She then took a picture of her sitting in the sofa while holding the apple juice.

“I’m sorry, I just opened my SNS right now and saw all of your birthday wishes. I’m so thanful for it. Now, to say sorry to all of you, I will drink this juice. Apple means sorry, right. Mianhae~~<3” That’s her caption. Not long after that, her SNS was full by SONEs’ comments. She smild again. Then, she looked at the time in her phone and was surprised.

“It’s 10 pm already. Woah, I played my SNS a lot and I didn’t watch Descendants of The Sun. Argh...” Taeyeon said frustatedly. She was disappointed, but remember what event would come soon, she formed another smile.

“Hmm.. it’s okay. I should reply my fans’ message now while my sisters aren’t here, yet. I might forget time later.” She said.

She waited patiently.

15 minutes.

30 minutes.

1 hour.

1 hour and 30 minutes.

Taeyeon felt worried now, her birthday will end in 30 minutes, but her members didn’t show up yet.

“It’s okay, Taeyeon-ah. They maybe wait outside already and wanted to surprise you. Be calm, Taeyeon just like your name.” She inhaled deeply, but deep inside she knew something went wrong. She could feel that this year’s birthday, she would pass it without her sisters again. But, she hurriedly erase that thought.

On the other side of Seoul, 7 girls were waiting for someone. Yes, this 7 girls were SNSD members. You think they wait for Taeyeon to come? No, they aren’t. They waited for someone who they haven’t met for almost two years now. They waited for Jessica. Yeah, but why are they waiting for Jessica? Isn’t this Taeyeon’s birthday? They should be at her apartment by now, but they aren’t. Actually, Jessica already agreed to the girls that she would come to Taeyeon’s birthday. She wanna make up with Taeyeon. Since she left the group, she never talked to Taeyeon anymore and she felt sorry about it. she didn’t mean it, but the fact that Taeyeon didn’t call her first also hurt her. The girls know that Taeyeon was just hurt by Jessica’s decision to left the group, so they contacted Jessica and tell her the truth. That’s why Jessica agreed to be a special gift for Taeyeon’s birthday. But, now where is she?

“Eonni, does Jessica eonni really come? This is already 11.45 pm and Taeyeon eonni’s birthday will end in 15 minutes.” Seohyun asked worriedly to her sisters.

She felt guilty for her Taeyeon eonni because she hasn’t sent her birthday wishes towards her until right now. She agreed to her eonnis’ decision to not text nor call Taeyeon and they will surprised her with Jessica. But, the plan was a mess right. Jessica hasn’t come yet.  Not only Seohyun, but Tiffany felt anxious as well. She didn’t think her plan would be a mess like right now.

“Shouldn’t we text Taeyeon eonni right now, eonnidul? It’s impossible to come to her place right now and besides her birthday will end in 10 minutes.” Yoona also worried because Jessica hasn’t come yet.

“No.” Tiffany said with a firm decision.

“We are not texting nor calling Taeyeon until Jessica comes. That’s my final decision.” Tiffany said once again.

Who would have thought Tiffany would act like that. I mean like she and Taeyeon were like a real sister and seeing her right now they were just confused. Actually, Tiffany felt guilty as well, but she wanted her bestfriend to make up with Jessica. She couldn’t let her suffer any longer. So, she decided to do that.

While in Taeyeon’s apartment, Taeyeon felt really anxious.

Ten minutes. Ten minutes till her birthday will end and none of her sisters showed up. She felt scared now. ‘What if they didn’t come? Are they really disappointed at me?’ Taeyeon’s thought was filled with anxiety and fear.

“No, no. They wouldn’t do it. They will come Taeyeon-ah, you should be more patient. Besides, there are still 10 minutes left before your birthday ends.” As the words slipped through , she felt afraid. 10 minutes? Would they be able to be here in 10 minutes? She kept erasing the negative thinking, but it kept coming back to her mind.

Her hand was trembling. Cold sweats are all of her body. She tried to hold her phone, but it slipped away. Now, she really was scared. She looked at the watch once again.

5 minutes. 5 minutes left. Tears already on the edge of her eyes, but she held it.

“They will come.” That’s her only wished for this year’s birthday. She locked her hands together while walking back and forth.

3 minutes. She closed her eyes.

“Does Heechul oppa, the only one who remember my birthday?” She whispered. She forgot all of the messages she get. She forgot all of the happiness she got when she opened her SNS. She was blank. She opened her eyes.

1 minutes. Her eyes kept following the clockwise wanting it to be stopped. But now all of her hope was gone.

  1. am.

Her birthday ended already and tears flowing through her cheek. On Tiffany’s apartment, everybody sighed deeply as well. Their plan to surprise their leader was a big fail. They were really disappointed with Jessica right now. Just one minute after Taeyeon’s birthday has ended, the name Tiffany hoped to not be seen again come up in her phones. She wanted to rejected it, but Hyoyeon saw it first and took the phone from Tiffany.

“It’s Jess, guys.” Hyoyeon said and everyone’s eyes locked at Tiffany’ phone screen. Hyoyeon picked it up and put the phone on speaker.

“Hello, Jessica-yah. Where are-“ Hyoyeon hasn’t finished her sentence yet. They heard a girl panted. They were a little bit startled, but then Tiffany spoke.

“Ya, Jung Sooyeon. You disappointed all of us, you know.” Tiffany said at her. While having a heavy breath, Jessica tried to talk.

“I’m sorry, guys. I have a reason why I just have arrived.” Jessica said between her heavy breath.

“But, first of all would you please open your apartment’s door. I’m so tired.” She said which surprised everybody in the room. Without asking, Seohyun hurriedly opened the door and found Jessica.

“Eonni.” She said happily. Although she was disappointed, looking at her eonni right now could erase it. Sunny went straight to the kitchen and got some water for Jessica. She the gave it to her after Seohyun escorted her in.

“You better have a good explanation, Jessica Jung.” Tiffany said in her native language, English.

“I’m sorry, guys. My flight should be arrived at 9 pm, but it was delayed because of a bad weather in Hongkong and I just arrived here at 11.15 pm. I’m running to your apartment, Tif. I thought you guys were leaving me.” Jessica said after calming down.

“Well, we wouldn’t leave you, Jess. Because you are the gift, remember.” Sunny said and it hit Jessica. Yes, she supposed to be the special gift, but she was late. Now, what should she do? She desperately wanted to meet Taeyeon as well.

“Yeah, Sunny eonni’s right. But, Taeyeon eonni’s birthday already passed and eonni might be sleeping right now, what should we do, eonni. I felt guilty for her.” Seohyun said.

“Well, there’s always a way, Seohyunnie. Don’t worry, we will celebrate Taeyeon’s birthday together. It’s never too late to celebrate it. Besides, we grew older are everyday, so everyday should be Taeyeon’s birthday, right?” She winked at Seohyun and smiled to others.

“Now, you have to tell me what is Taeyeon’s schedule for tomorrow?” Jessica asked them.

“Well, according to manager oppa, Taeyeon was supposed to have her day-off today, but because of some schedule he pushed her day-off tomorrow. That’s why we wanted to celebrate it tonight.” Tiffany sighed as her plan is failed.

“Hey, Tiff. That’s okay. We still could make a surprise for her tomorrow. Remember what I am saying. It’s never too late. So, all we had to do just go to Taeyeon’s apartment tomorrow.” Jessica said.

“Eonni, I can’t. I have a meeting tomorrow because my new single will be out in the next two days.” Yoona said sadly.

“Me too. I can’t. I have to practice for my solo comeback.” Tiffany said.

“Well, tomorrow I have a meeting with Sooman ahjussi in his office, so I might as well be in SM’s building.” Sunny said.

“I have to go to SM, eonni. I have to talk with Key because we have an upcoming drama.” Sooyoung said.

Jessica twisted her brain thinking about a way to make this girl gather in one place. Then suddenly an idea come up in her head.

“Well, then we shouldn’t celebrate Taeyeon’s birthday in her apartment.” Jessica smiled widely.

“Then, where are we going to celebrate it, Jess?” Hyoyeon said after staying calm.

“Let’s celebrate it in SM’s building.” Everyone was surprised by Jessica’s idea. Well, if Jessica still be a part of SNSD that would be easy. But, looking at current situation it’s impossible.

“Are you crazy, Jess?” Yuri asked.

“No, I’m not. Now, let’s gather around and hear my explanation.” Then everyone formed a circle and listened to Jessica’s idea well. All of them were smiling afterwards.

While on Taeyeon’s apartment, she cried silently. She just couldn’t believe none of her members were calling her to wish her a happy birthday. She knew her members might be busy and tired as well, but a simple text for her saying happy birthday wouldn’t be mind for her. But, looking at the situation right now, she knew that her life is changed. It’s no longer the life Taeyeon expected to live, not without her sisters. She just felt so lonely. She still stayed awake, just in case her member would come but it seemed impossible right now. It’s 3 in the morning already and she couldn’t help it any longer. Her eyes were swollen alreadyy because of tears and also tiredness she got from today’s work. Slowly, she let sleep toke control over her body. As she felt asleep, a whispered was heard.

“I love you guys.” She said softly and fell asleep.

It was 9 in the morning when she heard her phone buzzed. She moved her body a little and welcomed by aches all over her body.

“. Why am I sleeping here?” She asked herself annoyedly, but then she remembered last night’s event and she couldn’t help but cried again. Her phone buzzed again showing his manager oppa in the caller ID. She then picked it up.

“Hello, oppa. Why are you calling me? I thought today is my day off.” She asked her manager sarcastically.

“Woah, easy Taeng. I want you to go to SM today. There is an important meeting held here today and there has to be a representative from each group.” Her manager said.

“Then asked the others, oppa. I’m really tired today.” She said feeling really annoyed right now.

“The others are busy, Taeyeon-ah. Besides, you are the leader, right?” Her manager tried to make Taeyeon went to SM.

“Oh, right. Busy. They even forgot my birthday.” She said sarcastically.

“What did you say?” Her manager asked pretending he didn’t hear it when he actually heard it well. He just smiled. ‘Wait until you see the gift your members have already prepared Taeyeon-ah’ He thought and smiled secretly.

“Nothing, oppa. All right, I’ll be there. What time does the meeting start?” She asked.

“Well, you are actually late already, Taeyeon-ah. Everybody is here already and they are waiting for you.” Her manager lied.

“Aish, oppa. Why did you just tell me?” She said then running to her bathroom leaving her phone hang.

“She’s getting ready now, girl. You better prepare yourself.” He said to a girl beside him.

“Thank you so much, oppa. I don’t know what would happen if you didn’t help me.” Jessica said.

“It’s okay, Jessica. But, you really have to make Taenggo happy, you understand?” He can’t deny it that since Jessica lef the group, Taeyeon became quiter and he also worried about Taeyeon. Hearing the girls’ idea at first, he didn’t agree because if CEO Kim found out he would lose his job. But, for Taeyeon he would do it.

“All right, oppa.” Jessica then went to the rooftop then meeting the other girls.

“How is it, Jess?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Taeyeon is already on her way here. Get ready, guys.” They all smiled to each other.

After taking a bath, Taeyeon picked a simple pink dress and headed out from her room. She was really hungry, but remembering what her manager said earlier, she killed her intention. She went to the parking lot and drived her car to SM. It’s a good thing she was a good driver or else she would be dead by the high speed now. She run to SM’s building and headed to the conference room. Weirdly, she found the room empty. Where is everybody?

“Oh, don’t tell me you are lying to me, oppa.” Taeyeon felt really annoyed now and wanted to call her manager when a screen in front of her suddenly and showed all of her sisters.

“Taeyeon-ah, we are really sorry that we cannot celebrate your birthday yesterday. That’s because of something we cannot tell you yet. But, for your information, we want to celebrate your birthday last night, but...” Tiffany hesitant to continue her sentence.

Taeyeon just stood there. ‘See Taeyeon-ah, your member wanted to celebrate it. You shouldn’t get mad at them.’ She thought, but she didn’t move an inch. She knew where her members standing right now. It’s SM’s rooftop.

“Eonni, we are really sorry.” Yoona said again, but Taeyeon still didn’t move an inch. The other members just sighed. Taeyeon must be mad at them.

“Taeyeon-ah, mianhae. You know I never wanted to disappoint you, right? Trust me, this time you might think that I disappoint you, but know the reason first, Taeyeon. We just wanna see you happy. I knew you have been suffering from Jessica’s leaving, your dating scandal and many other things. But, one thing you should know we always stand by your side. It might be late to say it, but happy birthday, Taeyeon-ah. You are the best sister god ever given to me, not only me but the other girl as well. We have been through a hard time together and we know you very well. And seeing you lately was hurting us, Taeyeon. You fake a smile a lot, try to laugh when deep inside you just hurt. We know all of that, Taeyeon. And seeing you right now just hurting us so much. We want our leader back, we want our Taeyeon back. We might not spending many times together now, Taeyeon but know it that we are always by your side no matter what happened. We love you Taeyeon-ah.” Tiffany wanted to talk more, but couldn’t open anymore. She was crying. All of the girls were crying including the girl inside the big box behind her. Taeyeon was also crying in the room. Hearing what Tiffany just said made her realized that her members never left her. It’s just her who stayed away from everybody and hearing Tiffany’s last words made Taeyeon cried harder. All she wanted to do right now was to hug her members. She got into the lift and kept pushing the button that was heading to the rooftop. When she finally managed to get into the rooftop, her heart beats faster. Her lovely sisters were already there. She took a deep breath and wiped her tears. She opened the door and was surprised to see all of  SM family were there as well. She felt so touched.

“Eonni...” Seohyun said. Taeyeon then running towards her membe and hugged all of them.

“I’m sorry, guys. I’m sorry if lately I have become selfish and left all of you. I didn’t mean it. i thought all of you were leaving me, so I have to move back as well so you guys didn’t feel annoyed by me.” Taeyeon said truthfully.

“Ya, stupid Kim Taeyeon, how could you say something like that? We never leave you, never ever.” Sunny said and they tightened their hugs. When suddenly, Heechul cough.

“Why oppa?” Taeyeon asked him and they stopped hugging each other. Heechul talked with Tiffany through his eyes pointing at the gift. He kept thinking what would Jessica feel waiting there for a long time. Tiffany understood and hurriedly asked the girls to stand separately.

“Taeyeon-ah. We wanna give you a present.” Tiffany said.

“You don’t have to, Tiff.” Taeyeon said. She wondered if the big box in front of her was the gift. Well, it’s too big actually.

“Don’t keep saying no, Taeyeon-ah.” Hyoyeon said.

“Just open the box already, eonni.” Yuri said.

“All right, all right, why are all of you so impatient?” Taeyeon walked forward. Her heart beats faster wondering what would the box contained. She opened it and her body suddenly became tense. This is the person she desperately wanted to meet since almost two yours ago she left the group. Taeyeon didn’t move at all and made someone inside the box felt annoyed. Just like usual, she’s SNSD ice princess though.

“Yah, Kim Taeyeon, don’t you wanna hug me?” Jessica said coldly.

“Je-Jessica...” Taeyeon still felt surprised and tears flew through her cheek.

“Aish, you’re too slow. Come here.” Jessica then hugging her. How she missed her leader. Not wanting to miss the moment the other girls hugged them as well. Key secretly took their picture and uploaded in his instagram and put a caption “Happy birthday my lovely Taeyeon noona.” He smiled after doing that, Jessica wasn’t seen in the picture as well.

“How did you get here, Jess?” Taeyeon asked after they released their group hug.

“It’s a long story, Taeng. Just asked your bestfriends about the details. And why are you so slow, Kim Taeyeon. I’m suffering inside here.” Jessica pretended to be mad.

“Aish, you Jessica Jung, can’t you become more nice to your leader, this is her birthday.” Taeyeon pretended to be angry as well.

“Well, your birthday was yesterday, today isn’t.” Jessica said and she regretted soon after that.

“Hey, but it’s never too late to celebrate it. As long you are with your loved ones, today could be your birthday, Taeyeon-ah.” Jessica said.

Everybody was touched by Jessica’s word. So, dis Taeyeon. She really missed this ice princess. Taeyeon wanna hug Jessica again when Onew suddenly talked.

“Noona, before you hug each other again, can I get the permission to eat the chickens?” Everybody laughed at Onew and he felt embarassed at that time, but at least everybody was smiling right now.

“Sure.” Taeyeon said and they enjoyed the secret party that is held above CEO Kim’s head. They just didn’t care about what punishment they would get. They just wanted to enjoy the moment.

 

The end.

 

 

 

 

I’m sorry if the story wasn’t good enough. I just wanted to make this story for Taeyeon’s birthday and I missed Jessica so much :(. Please leave a comment and bear with my english, guys. I love you all.