Liar

Beautiful Liar

                “Liar.”

                “I ing told you the told! What else do you want?!”

                “The actual truth.”

                The silver haired man sneered. The calm composure of his lover was not making him very sure of anything. What else did she want to hear?! Everything he had said was truthful!

                “What the do you mean Mina?!”

                “I saw you two together. You said you weren’t going to be around him anymore!”

                Wonshik tensed, pausing. Two? Him?

                “What the hell are you talking about? Who?”

                “Jung Taekwoon.”

 

                He slid under the covers and looked up at the ceiling of his studio. It was quaint. Nothing more, nothing less. He decided it was best to stay there the night instead of going back to his apartment. The worst of it was that he had ed up and he was too much of a coward to admit it.

                It had all happened so fast. And he couldn’t remember it all, but he knew that he remembered. That would break him sooner or later.

                So fast and he hadn’t tried to stop it.

                Now he was losing yet again another girlfriend. He hadn’t been able to keep up since Soohyun. And that was… He couldn’t remember how many girls he had ed in the last year, no, half year.

                Wonshik closed his eyes and suddenly his head was filling with deathly images. He gasped and sat up, eyes widening for a moment before he rubbed his face. He was never going to be able to escape the reality of the past. And the fact that he revisited that past regularly? He was surprised he hadn’t been caught more.

                But he was sly. He had accepted that.

 

                “Beautiful Liar?”

                “Yeah.”

                “And who is it supposed to be about, Wonshik?”

                “I can’t honestly tell you.”

                “Liar.”

                “Exactly.”

                A surprised look flashed across his face before he resumed looking over all of the lyrics. Eyes scanning carefully.

                The rapper thought it was funny. That of all people to go to, he went to him. And it only solidified the fact that he was chained to him. He would never admit it, but there was something that drew him closer to the black haired beauty.

                “So you’re saying this is what you want to send to companies? For the both of us?”

                “Yes and no. I think it’d good to get out there, but I also want a duo to be involved. And I was thinking if I composed it and wrote the lyrics, then all we need is a rapper and you can sing.”

                “Then wouldn’t it be better if you rapped?”

                “It would be too personal.”        

                “It doesn’t matter.”

                “You wouldn’t understand why, hyung.”

                A scoff was the only answer he got before the black haired male stood, moving to reach over him and turn on the music, trying to sing to it. And damn did he catch on quickly. That wasn’t what really interested him though.

                It was the fact that Taekwoon had gotten so comfortable with him that he was pretty much leaning his body into him. They had done this too much. And Wonshik knew that.

               

                “You are a natural.” He commented after a moment, making the other pause and watch him from above. It was interesting how he accepted compliments. But it wasn’t being accepted. Not yet.

                “I’m not lying.”

                He flicked his eyes back to the screen and then hummed along to the beat. That’s how he accepted them. Except, instead of questioning him, he just believed him.

 

                That’s why he called it ‘Beautiful Liar’.

 

                That night, he lay in bed, arms wrapped tightly around the warm body next to him. He thought it was fitting that the night end as it had. But Wonshik had a feeling he wasn’t out of the dark just yet. With all that had happened that morning, he was only looking for more issues.

               

“You know better than to break my heart.”       

                Those words caught him off guard. Taekwoon was serious. And there was something that he wasn’t telling him.

                “What do you mean?”

                “Liar.”

                “I-“        

                “She said the same thing to you. Again. How many times have you heard that in the last six months? Year?”

                This time it was his turn to be silent as he ran a hand through his silver locks. It was funny how he knew everything.

                “I don’t want to keep doing this anymore, Wonshik.”

                He tensed. That was… Unexpected.

                “You should understand why.”

                “Yeah.”

                “Then… find someone else to sing your song.”

                With that, his lover slowly rose, his back glowing in the darkness of the room. Wonshik sat up and frowned, grimacing. This wasn’t how it was going to end. It couldn’t be. But for a moment, all he could do is just sit and watch him. Graceful, angelic.

                “You’re going to sing the song.”

                Taekwoon paused, turning slightly towards the voice before resuming his actions.

                “I won’t sing it.”

                “You will. Because I want you to. Because I wouldn’t be able to find someone else. Because you know what it’s about. You have the emotions behind my words. You hear them the most. I tell you it all.”

                “That doesn’t mean I am going to be your next toy.”

                “I wouldn’t do that to you.”

                “I don’t trust you.”

                “Yes you do.”

                “Not anymore.”

                And suddenly, it hit him. Taekwoon was just doing to him what he had continued to do to him all these times. And it hurt. The feelings that resonated in his chest were so painful that they overtook him for a long moment.

                “Liar.”

 

                Wonshik opened his eyes and groaned slowly, wincing slightly at the bright light. He glanced around and blinked slowly. For a long moment he couldn’t remember where he was. Then he sat up and stretched and smiled slowly, smelling food.

                Pulling boxers on, he slowly moved, tip-toeing to the kitchen. There he was blessed with the pale body of his partially clothed lover. Wonshik grinned and half-jumped, capturing him in a back hug.

                “Good morning, beautiful.”

                “Good morning, coward.”