SURPRISE!

An unforgetable day

I slowly opened my eyes. The sun was lighting up the room in warm colours, creating a dreamlike picture. A light yawn left me as I shifted my position, trying to get life back in my sleeping left arm. Just then, incoherently mumbling sounded next to me and I smiled slightly. A muscular arm slipped around my waist and pulled me closer, my back against his chest. Soft breaths tickled my neck. With a content sigh, I cuddled closer and closed my eyes again, planning to sleep a little longer.

“You’re going back to sleep?” His voice was rough and sleepy but had a teasing undertone. I simply hummed lightly in respond, keeping my eyes closed while ignoring how his breath tickled my skin as he spoke.

“You need to get up.” He continued and I could tell he was smiling just by the sound of his voice.

“But it’s so warm here and so cold out there.” I whined and turned around so my face was buried in the pillow. The mattress shook slightly as he laughed at my complaining.

“I’ll keep you warm.” He mumbled and kissed the top of my hair. Cringing, I looked up at him with a playful glare.

“You need some bread with that cheese?” I asked with a huff. Hoseok sent me smirk before ruffling my hair, messing up my already messy bed hair.

“Don’t pretend like you don’t like my cheesiness.” He countered. With a huff I returned to facing the pillow. I did in reality, deep down, like he was cheesy sometimes. It made me feel loved. Not that I would ever admit that. That would just be way too embarrassing.

“I was being serious though, Changkyunnie. We need to get up.” Hoseok said and rubbed my back. As reply, I merely whined and buried my head further down into the pillow. The bed was really warm and I wouldn’t mind just staying in it all day, watching movies while cuddling up to Hoseok.

“I will drag you out of bed if I have to.” He warned, shifting slightly. In my still sleepy state, I wasn’t sure if he would actually do it or not, so I slowly got up. Sitting on my knees I glared at him, which he returned with an eye-smile.

“There, happy? I’m up.” The duvet had fallen down to my middle, making the colder air have free passage to my arms. I shivered slightly but kept my playful glare at Hoseok, who was looking at me with a satisfied smile.

“Thrilled.” He responded and sat up as well before leaving the bed altogether. When he left the bedroom and closed the door to the bathroom, I let myself fall down on the bed again. Placing my head on Hoseok’s pillow, his unique smell, which was a mix of his favourite cologne and something special I couldn’t quite place, lingered around me, making me feel safe. I grabbed the duvet and hid under it again, slowly drifting off to dreamland again. 

“Yah! Wake up.” Hoseok shook me lightly until I grumpily opened my eyes.

“Okay. Okay.” I mumbled and sat up again, this time swinging my legs out of the bed. As the cold floor made contact with my feet, I flinched. Hoseok ignored my grumbling about how cold it was and pulled me up instead. Placing his arms around my waist, he leaned down and captured my lips in a gentle kiss.

“Will you please stop whining now?” He mumbled against my lips before giving them another peck. Leaving me standing by the bed with a stupid smile on my face, he went to grab a pair of jeans and a shirt. I shook my head slightly, cursing at how much a simple kiss still affected me.

“Any hints about where we’re going today?” I questioned. He had been careful with not telling anyone else than Minhyuk and Hyunwoo about it, knowing the others wouldn’t be able to keep their mouth shut if I begged them long enough. Jooheon would especially be easy to get to tell me, seeing as I knew exactly what to say to make him rant about whatever.

“My lips are sealed.” Hoseok smirked as he pulled his shirt on.

“Yeah right.” I rolled my eyes before grabbing a pair of ripped jeans and a black T-Shirt. Unless he planned to go anywhere extremely cold, it would be fine.

“Stop being so grumpy, you’ll love it.” Hoseok sighed and gave me a brief kiss, sending butterflies to my stomach. “I’ll go make breakfast, don’t take too long.” I nodded.

As he left the room, I grabbed the clothes on the bed and quickly changed into them. When I looked in the mirror, I noticed how much of a bird’s nest my hair in reality was. I sighed before trying to get it to stay in place. When I deemed it presentable, I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and headed to the kitchen.

Hoseok was frying bacon with his back against me. Deciding to take a little revenge from earlier, I snuck up behind him and pinched his sides. He shrieked loudly, almost dropping the piece of bacon he was about to place on a plate. Snickering, I gave him a back-hug.

“Yah! Want me to drop the food?” He asked, faking annoyance. However, his smile ruined it. “You can set the table instead of bothering me.”

“Aww come on, hyung. You’re no fun.” I teased and let him go, going to grab what we would need from the fridge.

“We’re leaving in about an hour, okay? Should give us plenty of time to eat and grab what we need before going.” He continued as he finished cooking the breakfast.

“And you still refuse to tell me where we’re going?”

“I don’t think you understand the concept of a surprise, Changkyun.” He teased to which I stuck out my tongue at him.

 

 

“Where are we going?” I asked again, keeping my gaze out on the landscape moving past us. We had walked to the nearest bus station just to change the bus a few stops later. It wasn’t a bus I usually took, so I had no idea where it drove to. Hoseok had his hand in mine and was busy checking something on his phone.

“I’ll give you the same answer I’ve given you the last ten times you’ve asked: You’ll see.” He replied, sending me a smirk and squished my hand slightly.

“How much longer?” I continued, making it my mission to see if I could get him to spoil just something.

“Not much.”

“Will we have to change bus again?”

“Maybe, depends on how annoying you decide to be.”

“So we’re going to be there soon?”

“Yes.”

“Like really soon or in like twenty minutes?”

“Soon enough.”

“Will I have to actually move around when we get there?”

“Yes you will.”

“Are you taking me to a waterpark?”

“Changkyun, it’s not the season for going to an outdoor waterpark. And don’t deny it, I know which one you meant.”

“… Is it a museum?”

“You’ll see.”

“Hyung!” I whined and pouted reflexively.

“It’s called a surprise, Changkyunnie. I’m not supposed to tell you, it would take away the idea of a surprise.” He laughed and pecked my cheek, giving me an amused smile as I blushed. “Cute.”

“Shut up.” I mumbled and turned my face to the window again.

I slowly felt my eyes drop and sleepiness take root in my body. Cursing myself for letting Jooehon convince me to stay up late and play that stupid online game with him, I shook my head in an attempt to stay awake. When it didn’t work, I leaned my head on Hoseok’s shoulder.

“How can you still be tired?” He asked and chuckled.

“Jooheon hyung made me stay up late and play a game.” I mumbled and snuggled closer to him. Normally, I would feel awkward doing these things in public, but right now I didn’t mind much. My brain was probably too sleepy to register what I did.

“We’ll be there in twenty minutes time. I’ll wake you up when we get there.” I could feel how he shook his head slightly. Instead of verbally answering him, I simply hummed and nodded slightly. Hoseok placed his arm around me, pulling me closer. Once again, I fell asleep to his heartbeat.

 

 

“I feel like all I do is waking you up.” Hoseok mumbled as he shook my shoulder lightly. Truth be told, I had been awake the last few minute. However, I had been lying so comfortable that I couldn’t bring myself to let him know I was no longer asleep.

“You embarrass me as well.” I answered and rubbed my eyes. Usually, I was quite hard to embarrass, something the hyungs found extremely annoying. However, after getting together with Hoseok, he had found numerous ways to make me flush a bright red. Sitting up, I looked out of the window. Nothing outside could indicate where the hell Hoseok had decided to bring me.

“Not my fault you’re cute when blushing.” Hoseok teased before grabbing my hand. “Come on, we’ll waste all our time sitting here.”

“Where are we even?” I questioned as we exited the bus.

“You’ll see.”

“You’ve said that eve-” When I saw the sight in front of me, my speaking ability disappeared.

“I know you wanted to go here, soooo… here we are.” Hoseok proudly included everything in front of us with a swing of his arm.

“Oh… my… gawd.” I said and turned to him with wide eyes. “Are you serious?”

“No this is an illusion I created with magic, Changkyun.” Hoseok rolled his eyes at me before giving me a small peck. 

Ignoring his comment, I turned to the front again. In front of me was the entrance to the brand new amusement park. I had indeed wanted to go here ever since I saw the commercials for it. It had the longest ride and tallest drop than any other park I had visited. I really had to give Hoseok that, I knew he didn’t like that many rides because of hi fear of height first of all. So, him bringing me here was really awesome.

“Come on, let’s get in there.”  Hoseok laughed and dragged me with him to the entrance.

It only took us a few moments to get in line, where we had to wait a few minutes before it was our turn. After around 20 minutes we were inside the park and I could barely stand still, wanting to try everything I could.

“Where should we go first?” Hoseok asked and intertwined our fingers.

“There!” I pointed at the rollercoaster ahead of us. Hoseok got an uneasy look on his face, but I was too caught up in my own excitement to notice. With a nervous laugh, he agreed and we headed towards it.

“Keep hands and feet inside throughout the entire ride. Ready?” The worker said as we got ready for the ride to start.

“FOR NARNIA!” Some kid in the front yelled as the ride started. If it hadn’t been for the high speed, I would have laughed at the comment. However, it felt like all air was knocked out of me as the rollercoaster dropped just seconds before starting. Screams filled the air, and I kept a tight grip on Hoseok’s arm with my right hand, while the other was occupied with keeping a grip on the safety bar in front of us. I laughed throughout the entire ride, feeling how the excitement took root in my stomach. When the ride ended, I was thrilled and almost bouncing where I stood, meanwhile, Hoseok looked like he had seen a ghost. With a soft smile, I wrapped my arms around him when we had exited the ride.

“You okay?” I questioned and couldn’t help the teasing smile on my face. Usually, people would think Hosoek wasn’t afraid of anything. Really manly and so on. When in reality, he was a real softie inside with a minimal tolerance for anything that had to do with heights and the likes.

“Pfft, I’m fine.” He mumbled, but I saw the uneasy look on his face.

“Let’s go there next.” Without waiting for an answer, I dragged him towards a stand where you had to use water guns to win prizes. “Two people.” I told the worker and paid him before Hoseok had a chance to. He glared at me slightly, which I replied with sticking my tongue out at him.

“I’ll win.” I assured him with a challenging smile.

“Yeah right.” He rolled his eyes at me.

“Aaaaaaaaaaand begin!” The worker said with a bright smile that looked as if it was plastered on with force. Both of us did our best to hit the mouth of the dragon so the balloon above could be filled. Seeing Hoseok’s was getting bigger than mine, I bumped my hip into his and successfully made him miss for a few seconds. He glared at me and I couldn’t help but to laugh at him, making me miss my target as well. In the end, Hoseok was the winner.

“Told you, you wouldn’t win.” Hoseok bragged with a teasing smile when we walked away from the stand. I pouted at him and crossed my arms.

“No fair, I wanted to win.”

“It’s known as karma, you know.” Chuckling he wrapped his arm around my waist. “Here, cheer up.” He shoved the stuffed animal he had won up in my face. “It reminded me of you.”

I took the animal from him and looked at it. I hadn’t paid much attention to what he had chosen as the winner, so I had no idea he had won a stuffed animal. It was a golden dog with dark brown eyes and its tongue hanging out slightly, giving it a goofy look. I smiled at the gesture and hugged the dog closely.

“Thanks.” I mumbled and hid my face slightly in the stuffed animal, refusing to let him see my pink cheeks.

“Come on, there’s more to try.” Hoseok said and guided me towards a new ride.  

 

 

We spend the next two hours on waiting in line and trying out different rides and stands. To say I was happy would be an understatement. This was by far one of the best days in my life. The only thing to dampen my mood was the stares some people gave us. I would normally feel awkward doing anything else than holding hands or something like that in public. It wasn’t because I didn’t want to kiss him or the likes; I honestly had no idea why. Using the hyungs as pillows when we were anywhere were no problem, leaning on them no problem either, but when reaching a certain point I would find it awkward. However, during this date I didn’t find it awkward. I was so happy to say it simple that I only found it natural to show affection, but my affection slowly lessened throughout the date, since it did result in some stares and whispers, which Hoseok ignored completely. He had an ability to shut it out and not show any reaction, but I knew he did hear it to some extent and that it also annoyed him a little. I on the other hand, was not that good at not reacting. I also knew Hoseok wished I could ignore them, since I would take a step back and grab his hand instead of hugging him. It annoyed me I couldn’t just ignore it just like Hoseok, but I guess that would take some more time.

“This is seriously getting annoying.” Hoseok sighed when we took a seat on one of the benches outside with our ice creams on the table in front of us. I looked up at him with my head tilted slightly and furrowed brows.

“What is?” I asked confused.

“This.” He made a circular motion with his hand, including us and those around us. “If it had been a girl and a boy they wouldn’t stare and whisper.”

“Oh…” I answered and looked down. “Sorry.” I mumbled.

“Hey.” Grabbing my chin, he pulled my head up so I was looking at him again. “Don’t apologise.”

“But if I-”

“No. don’t apologise, got it?”

“Okay…” I nodded slowly, still feeling somewhat guilty. Looking at my expression, Hoseok got a both determined yet teasing look in his eyes. I raised my eyebrow in a silent question.

With a crooked smile, Hoseok grabbed my face with both of his hands and pulled me closer to his face. The table in between us wasn’t bigger than we could lean slightly over it and reach each other.

“W-what are y-?” Hoseok cut me off by pressing his lips against mine. I should have seen it coming and I guess I kind of did, since it was quite obvious what he was about to do. However, it still took me slightly by surprise and I didn’t react straight away. When I finally unfroze, I grabbed his shirt and curled my hands into it, tilting my head to the side. I forgot where we were and solely focused on Hoseok. He smiled against my lips before moving one of his hands from my cheek to the back of my head, entangling his fingers in my hair. Pulling his shirt slightly, I whined faintly when he pulled away. Hoseok gave me a quick kiss on the lips again before leaning back. When I heard a few whispers, I quickly sat back again as well with flushed cheeks.

“Don’t give me that look.” Hoseok laughed and grabbed my hand, entangling our fingers. I opened my mouth to answer, but nothing came out.

“Let them stare if they want to, and honestly Changkyun, look around. How many people actually paid attention to us?” Hoseok’s teasing tone had disappeared, but his smile was still there. I carefully looked around, trying not to be too obvious about it. I was a little surprise seeing it was only a few people out of the many that had actually paid attention, or at least reacted by giving a few unpleasant glances.

“See?” He asked and sent me a soft smile. “People don’t care. So don’t worry about those few who are just grumpy and jealous.”

“You’re an idiot, why would they be jealous?” I mumbled embarrassed.

“I’m your idiot.” He answered with a cheesy smile. I cringed and glared at him playfully.

“You’re so cheesy, I’m gonna puke. “

“That would be stupid. I just bought you that ice cream.” Hoseok laughed to which I rolled my eyes.

“You’re an idiot I swear.”

“Love you too.” He laughed and squished my hand.

“Yeah, yeah, I love you too. Now, I vote for more rides!”

 

 

“Are you kidding me?” Hoseok said with an uneasy expression on his face.

“No. LET’S GO!” I yelled with a bright smile and dragged him with me by his hand.

“Changkyun, that is a HAUNTED HOUSE!”

“Yes, this is revenge for you embarrassing me so often.” I smirked and went to wait in the line. His scared expression almost made me feel bad, but only almost. He had survived Minhyuk and I forcing him to watch horror movies, he could survive a haunted house.

“You’re evil sometimes, did you know that?” Hoseok said and gave me a look.

“Yeah, Jooheon hyung says it often. Mostly when I win over him in video games though.” I answered slightly disorientated, not really paying a lot of attention. “We’re up next!” I said excited and dragged him with me. “Come on!”

“Do I have to do this?” He mumbled as we entered the haunted house.

Honestly, I could feel the creepy atmosphere as well. Everything around us was black and noises erupted from only God knows where. Hoseok was keeping a tight grip on my arm as I led us through the hallways. We were only a few meters inside when we turned to the right and a masked man jumped out in front of us. I jumped back slightly, startled by the man, but no noise left me. Hoseok, on the other hand, screamed loudly and jumped back, pulling in my arm in the process. I chuckled at his reaction and pulled him up next to me.

It continued like this throughout most of the trip through the house. A few curses left me a few times, but it was nothing compared to my boyfriend who was terrified. I almost felt bad for forcing him in here, but then I remembered how many times he had the pleasure of embarrassing me in front of the others. It wasn’t until we reached the end of the trip that things took a turn.

We had walked into a new hallway and turned left, just to be greeted with a room that had a mirror maze. I instantly smiled at the new challenge and darted towards it. However, when I couldn’t feel Hoseok’s hand in mine anymore I stopped dead in my tracks. Whirling around, I expected to see him standing by the entrance, but he didn’t.

“Hoseok hyung?” I asked and walked back to the entrance. “Hyung? Where are you?” I felt my heartbeat speed up as I looked for him. He wasn’t anywhere in sight and I slowly started to panic, calling his name. The once not so scary haunted house suddenly seemed a hundred times more terrifying. “HYUNG?!”

“HEY!” A high-pitched female voice said as a white clad woman with long black hair jumped out in front of me, making me scream as loud as I could. She chuckled slightly as she went back to hiding. The woman had taken me by surprise and left me terrified with a pale face and racing heartbeat. Damn it, since when was I this easily scared?

“Hoseok hyung?! It’s not fun anymore! Come out!” I yelled and back-tracked our trip through the haunted house. When I reached the beginning of the ride and still hadn’t found him, I made my way back to the mirror room, hoping to find him on the way. Maybe I had missed him when the woman jumped out in front of me.

“Hyung? Are you in here?” I called as I entered the room.

“Changkyun?” Hoseok said from somewhere in the room.

“HYUNG?!”

“Changkyun, where are you? I thought you had gone through the haunted house without me.” I still couldn’t locate where his voice was coming from, but I felt a lot calmer knowing he was there.

“Why would I do that? I’m at the entrance of the room, where are you? Did you go through the maze without me?”

“I thought you had already gone through it, I’m at the end of the room.”

“Give me a second, I’ll be right there.” I said and entered the maze. The maze itself wasn’t complicated, but the mirrors made it a hell to get through. I walked straight into a mirror a few times, not knowing it wasn’t a path but just another mirror.

“… I think I’m lost.” I called. “How the hell did you get through this?”

“Hold on, I’ll come get you.” Hoseok answered and I heard footsteps close to me. So I was near the exit then.

“Wait! You idiot. Don’t enter the maze again, if we’re lucky you won’t get lost as well. If we’re not that lucky, then we’ll both be stuck here.”

“Hey.” Not prepared to hear his voice right next to my ear, I screamed loudly and jumped while turning around. I stared at him with wide eyes and hands up to protect me.

“WHAT THE HELL?! YOU SCARED ME!” I yelled when I noticed his smirk.

“Sorry.” He laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist. “I thought you had heard me, didn’t mean to scare you.” His voice made it clear that the last part was a lie.

“Bull.” I said and crossed my arms, leaning my upper body away from him so I could glare at him.

“… Okay, I did mean to scare you. But you should have seen your face.” Hoseok laughed loudly and I just gawked at him.

“YOU’RE MEAN!” I yelled and turned my head away from him, still having my arms crossed.

“So I successfully scared Im Changkyun, huh?” He continued with a proud voice and kissed my cheek.

“Shut up.” I mumbled, unconsciously leaning into his touch.

“Can’t wait to show the others it.” He mumbled and I froze.

“…What?” I turned to him and stared at him confused. “What do you mean ‘show the others it’?”

“Nothing…” He smirked and ruffled my hair. “You’re cute when scared.” I pushed his hand away and glared at him.

“Did you film me?!”

“Maybe.”

“You’re evil.”

“Love you too.”

“Go away.”

“Never.”

“You’re impossible.”

“I know.” He laughed and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. “Come on, let’s get out. It’s getting late and I really want to go home soon.”

“I’m so demanding horror movie marathon when we get home.”

“Have fun doing that alone, I’m going to bed.”

I threw my hands up in the air in a sign of surrender, knowing I couldn’t win over him right now. We exited the haunted house and headed towards the entrance again.

“Thanks.” I mumbled when we waited for the bus.

“For what?” Hoseok asked, still grinning about the haunted house episode.

“For this. It was a fun day.” I answered, keeping my eyes on the ground.

“You’re welcome.” He said, his voice turning soft and I looked at him briefly. His once proud grin had turned to a soft smile filled with love. Wrapping my arms around him, I hid my face in his chest.

“I love you, you big idiot.” I mumbled against his jacket and I felt him kissing the top of my head.

“I love you too.” He said against my hair. 

 

 

 

 

So there it is! I know... it turned a bit weird, but hey! My only defense is that I seriously just wrote this when i was feeling like: I'm bored let me pass time with something. So yeah.... I hope it was entertaining nonetheless XD Do tell me what you thought in the comments~

Hope ya evening, day, morning, afternoon, midday and so on will continue to be good~ (or turn good if it wasn't)