Dating Someone Not Her

Dating Someone Not Her

October 1992

He had his poker face on again when I entered his room. Mom told me that he has another date today. This time she's a daughter of a very important politician. I often ask him why he keeps on dating around. He'll just smile and shrug it off.

I don't know what happened but until now it makes me wonder why he cancelled that movie date. l remembered asking him why he did that. He just told me, "something important happened."I kept on asking him what it is but he just look at me with eyes full of sadness.

I know his feelings didn't change. The way he looks at her is still the same. If it did change, he just loved her even more. That is why I was so shocked when he told us the first time that he's going out on a date. After that date, he began to date a lot. In fairness to him, he did try his best to make it work. But it is bound to fail anyway. Why? Because she's not them.

Then she came while he's preparing. I told her about his new date, she looked at me and said, "don't get your hopes up, she's not his type or rather he's not her type." She then walked up to him and helped him with his jacket. He automatically smiled at her. She smiled back. She then said "Don't try too hard today okay? Have fun. Just remember that if it doesn't work out, she's not just the right one."

He smiled widely and pat her head. I don't know how he could hold it in and what keeps him from telling her his feelings. But one thing is for sure, sooner or later, this guy is gonna burst and when that happens, nothing can ever keep him away from her.

But what do I know, I can't even make noona stay.

A/N: It's a simple story told in Sunwoo's POV. I hope you guys like it.