Teasing

Silent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyoyeon sat on the edge of her bed, wiping away the sweat droplets from her forehead. She had been at the practice room all night trying to perfect her steps that she felt weren’t good enough during Phantasia in Seoul. Though her members had constantly tried to convince her that her dancing was beyond flawless, none of those words seemed to want to enter her brain.

She was about to grab some clothes from the wardrobe when she felt something beneath her vibrating violently. “Mmm, my ’s vibrating.” Hyoyeon mumbled to herself, not afraid of anyone laughing at her since there was no one at home anyway.

“Hello?”

“Kim Hyoyeon, what is this I hear about you not coming home last night?”

A smile crawled onto Hyoyeon’s lips. Nothing much had changed even from the past; her best friend still came after her when she did something negative. It didn’t matter where or when she did, the girl always had her ways of knowing things that she wanted to know. This was a good example now.

Hyoyeon took out the yoga mat Yuri gave everyone and sat on it, placing the phone on loudspeaker so she could stretch, “Aye, I was busy practicing. I wasn’t clubbing, okay?”

“Good. If I catch you clubbing without any of them or your friends, I will come over and skin you alive. Got it?”

“Gosh, you really need to stop threatening people or I’ll tell Yul to fix you.”

A soft laugh travelled through the receiver, making Hyoyeon laugh as well. That sentence sounded horribly funny since there was no way Yuri would ever fix anyone. Yuri was too nice of a person and way too caring about their members to hurt them, especially the one on the phone with her.

“What can that silly Kwon do to me? Can you please find someone who can actually fix me? Don’t forget, Yuri’s my seobang and she loves me way too much to do anything.”

The dancer rolled her eyes at Jessica’s answer. Who doesn’t know that Yuri’s still her whipped Seobang? In actual fact, all the members had different positions in Jessica’s life as she had once told them. 

Yuri’s still her loyal seobang. Yoona’s her little rascal aka the child of the royal family. Tiffany’s her bimbo best friend. Sooyoung's her giant protector. Seohyun’s her lovely baby. Sunny’s her y buddy. Taeyeon’s her partner in crime and Hyoyeon’s her butler.

“Pft, okay… whatever you say, hon.”

There was silence for a while before a loud giggle echoed into the phone, an evil one at that. It only meant that the girl had something up her sleeve and was ready to use it any time now. Hyoyeon could already feel goose bumps forming on the surface of the skin at that familiar laughter.

“Just confess already, you silly girl!”

Hyoyeon froze.

How the hell did Jessica ever spot that when she did her best to be normal around Yuri? Whenever the members left Yuri and her alone, she always felt Yuri’s eyes upon her but the girl never showed any sign of liking her. Being the two main dancers of the group, it often required them to practice more often than the other members in order to maintain the performance of the national girl group level.

“What the heck, Sica. What are you talking about?” Hyoyeon continued her stretching, shaking her head in order to try to shake the fluttery feeling off.  “Excuse you. Just because I don’t perform with you babies doesn’t mean I don’t notice what’s going on at home. I HAPPEN TO LIVE THERE TOO Y’KNOW!”

Jessica was definitely pouting right now, Hyoyeon thought. The ice princess was so sharp at detecting useless things like this some times, it made her awfully speechless because Jessica couldn’t even detect who was the one carrying a torch for her until now. Then again, the person wouldn’t mind not being discovered.

“Seriously, though. You should confess soon because I don’t think it’s a one-sided thing.”

It WASN’T one-sided?

Oh, sweet baby Jesus. If Yuri liked her back, she would be ready to start ringing wedding bells very soon. After all, her dream was to be a good wife in the future. She had spent more time with Yuri than she would like to admit but the tanned girl was always so friendly and warm to everyone that it was impossible to tell if she too had feelings for Hyoyeon.

“ I… I don’t know….”

A loud sigh was heard from Jessica, a sigh of frustration and pity.

“Goodness, Hyo. I’m not the only one who has noticed. You can ask any one of the girls, I’ll bet even maknae knows about it…”

Wow, this was getting too damn obvious. Hyoyeon didn’t even have any hopes of getting into a relationship with Yuri and now Jessica’s dropping hints. Those hints were not going to do much if Yuri herself doesn’t make it a little more obvious. And to do that, there were only eight others who could help her.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

“WAAAAHHHHH! It’s been so long since I’ve gone to the beach…” Taeyeon sighed happily, digging her legs into the soft sand beneath. Sunny shook her head at her danshin buddy’s actions, “you childish dork….” before mimicking them, plopping her body next to Taeyeon’s.

All the girls just laughed at the two shortest members of their group, they were both in the unnie line but were still so child-like and cutesy that it was annoying. Yuri and Yoona smiled at each other cheekily before bending down on either side of the two shorties, the rest of the girls getting the hint as they moved further and further away from the four of them.

“You childish midgets.” was all Yuri had to say before all hell broke loose, the two kids now chasing after Yuri and Yoona with no help from their laughing members.

As the game of tag soon begin, a certain blondie had her eyes fixated on the hyperactive prankster running around with her twin. “Enjoying the view, baby?” Turning around at the odd endearment, Hyoyeon leaped to her feet and into the person’s embrace, “SICA!” Jessica giggled and patted Hyoyeon’s bum before greeting the other members with tight hugs and kisses.

“As I was asking… enjoying the view, baby?” Jessica asked with a grin, earning a couple of slaps from the blushing blonde. “Stop calling me that!” “Why, because only YUWree can call you that? Hmmm, BAAABBBYYY?” Tiffany teased this time, sending Hyoyeon a quick wink. Hyoyeon groaned as her eyes moved along the members, all giving her teasing smiles in return. Well, how could anyone not know when the two big mouths Jessica and Tiffany know about it too?

Hyoyeon was about to run off when a pair of hands now encircled her waist from behind, a small gasp leaving her lips right away. Those tanned and strong arms could only belong to the one person who constantly worked out among them.

“Hyo!”

That husky voice made the hair on the back of Hyoyeon’s neck stand, feeling tingly at Yuri’s voice, “Hey, Yul. What’s up with your sudden skinskip?” Yuri frowned a little and loosened her arms, turning Hyoyeon to look at her, “yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter