Final

Undercover

Taemin didn’t really remember how he ended up on this job out of all the others available, evading all the ‘it’s not going to work’ and ‘medicine would make us proud’ from his parents, deciding to become a police officer instead just to spite them. Years have gone by since he finished police school and he couldn't be happier over his rash decision when he was 20, becoming an officer under the control of Sergeant Kibum and while most of the time he got the small and easy jobs because according to Kibum ‘he kept getting distracted and zoned out’ while on missions, but it really wasn’t his fault.

 

He could only blame Choi Minho, a detective a few years older than him, who was along with him undercover on the mission to catch drug dealers who roamed around the back of a gym, who thought it was a good idea to take off his shirt in the middle of their surveillance but ended up completely catching Taemin’s attention to the point where the rest of the team got to the location and he didn’t even realize, lost in his thoughts over how ripped he was and how his abs rippled down the waistband of his jeans. Later at the station when Minho asked him what happened and why he didn’t move, he was too ashamed to admit he couldn’t blink without seeing his eight-pack abs under his eyelids.

 

Which brings him to the current situation, at a gala undercover with Minho as his date out of all the other members on his team (when he asked Kibum about it, he just laughed and said that he might learn how to keep focus, also to finally get him to reveal his feelings to Minho because it’s been too long, this cat and mouse game is boring everyone now). They were supposed to catch a criminal who had been stealing rare and very expensive jewelry for the past few months in Seoul, and he was supposed to be at the gala since they were going to exhibit various jewels to bid.

 

After receiving strict instructions from Kibum, who was talking to them via their earpieces, to ‘keep their eyes open’ and a private message for Taemin that he didn’t mean to keep his eyes open staring at Minho, they found themselves in a comfortable silence until Minho spoke up;

 

“So, aren’t you happy I’m your partner tonight? Jonghyun would have probably abandoned you already, the buffet looks so great that I’m even considering leaving.”

 

Taemin rolled his eyes at his statement, “You wish, Jonghyun wouldn’t constantly be mocking me.”

 

“You’re just mad I’m not shirtless this time.” Minho said with a slight smirk that made his cheeks slightly flush, he was about to retort when a sudden burst of static from their earpiece interrupted them,

 

“Jonghyun is going in, separate and try to spot the guy,” Kibum said to them through the earpiece, “I’ll give both of you a signal to make a distraction for the guests not to notice when he’s retained.”

 

While looking for the robber, Taemin got occasionally stopped by women and men trying to flirt with him and invite him to a drink, which he politely refused and got a laugh from Kibum, but a scold from Taemin got him to quiet down when he said ‘if Minho rejects you, there’s your second option’.

 

He was about to go to the buffet when he was pulled backwards, he was about to yell at whoever it was but then saw Minho’s distressed face;

 

“I think he recognized me, I was following him around when he suddenly turned around and glared at me,” Minho worriedly said,  “what do we do Kibum? Jonghyun is nowhere to been seen, he’s going to­—“

 

“Calm down Minho,” Kibum’s voice came from the earpiece, “Jonghyun is actually tailing him right now, also your tie doesn’t match your suit, I’d glare at you too.”

 

“I’m serious Kibum, we’re about to get discovered,” Minho insisted,  “Do we leave? Jonghyun can finish—”

 

“No, you both stay right there,” Kibum impatiently said,  “I just got Jonghyun’s signal, now both of you need to create a distraction. I’m sure you can both come up with something.”

 

Minho and Taemin just looked at each other, they had already planned a distraction but neither of them knew if it was such a good idea anymore, since Minho got caught; Taemin was supposed to slap Minho and yell at him, then they were both going to leave angrily and Minho was going to accidentally bump into their robber while Taemin continued distracting the other guests.

 

“Minho, he might be coming to look for us, I think we should—“

 

“I’m sorry for this,” Minho said, while he took a step closer to Taemin.

 

“What do you mea—”

 

Taemin didn’t even get to finish his sentence before Minho pulled him closer to him and pressed his lips against his, and while the intensity of the kiss made them knock over an ice sculpture behind them, they didn’t notice anything, be it the shattered sculpture or the eyes on them, other than how soft each other’s lips felt and how loud their hearts were thumping. 

 

Taemin was surprised, but pleasantly surprised, since he had been crushing on Minho for around a year already and was too scared to talk to the older about how he felt, and he wasn't sure about how the other felt, even when Minho flirted with him consistently (or at least that's what Kibum said) and how he always smiled when their eyes met at the police headquarters.

 

“So…date tomorrow?” Minho said after the two parted, both smiling and panting with their faces flushed under the eyes of the multiple guests who were staring at them (but more importantly the ruined ice sculpture of a diamond on the floor)

 

“You bet.” Taemin whispered while leaning forward, but before their lips touched once more, Kibum, who was disappointedly staring at both of them, separated them both by their ears while ignoring their yelps of pain,

 

“Well, thank you both for the distraction and for my oncoming nightmares.”

 


 

you guys I posted the foreword and literally forgot I had 3 exams the same week I was planning to finish this. I'm sorry it took me so long!!!!!!!!! but I hope you all enjoyed it nonetheless. ALSO 'A Small Mistake' got to 1000 views im [fastly churning butter] thank u all u are all so nice. i'll see u soon!!! also i don't really know anything about police men and undercover agents so sorry if the information is off (I should have thought about this before) + if there are mistakes kindly point them out and thank u for the subscriptions and comments!!!!!! <3