Dasoni (Solji & Hani) pt. II

Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Solji's POV)

At first i keep thinking that i was just being delusional, or maybe overconfident of my ownself. I keep feeling Hani's eyes on me. As if she kept paying attention on me and on my doings. Sometimes i can even feel her intense look boring right through me. But i never have a guts to raise my head up and look back at her. I'm afraid.. My heart is thumping loudly whenever i feel her eyes on me. But come to think about it again, it's kind of impossible for what i thought to be true. Maybe it's just me and my delulu mind again.

But the more i spent time with her, well not really spending time with her, since it's not only the two of us, but also with the other 18 tour participants, the more my suspicion grew bigger. Because if we thought of it as a mere coincidence, there are just too many coincidences.

Like when we had a breakfast in the hotel's restaurant. My family and i arrived first and we were in the middle of our breakfast time when the Anh's family come. Hani chose an empty table beside mine, the one near window. Maybe she just want to enjoy the view outside the window as she eat. Because there is a vast ocean down there since our hotel located near beach area. And did i tell you that she wore a similar brown leather jacket like what i wore on the previous day? Hoksi, she wants to try a couple look with me? Ah, my delulu mind.

But then when we're moving to another place, watching a famous korean show called Nanta show, i went to the toilet with my mom. And Hani and Hyerin too. Once i finished with my business in the toilet, and  walk out, i saw Hani standing near the sink where we can wash our hands. Maybe she's waiting for Hyerin i thought. But then when i went outside, she also went out and walk behind me. Coincidence? It happened two times. Because after the show ended, i went to the toilet again before we're moving to our next destinantion, and it'll took quite some time to get there. Well i won't feel suspicious if only we just go to the toilet together since everyone might need it because we're going to another place after this and the journey to go there is not so near. We all need to go to toilet first before that. But why she again, went out of the toilet at the same time with me? As if she's waiting for me, on purpose. Or is it just me again?

And why you have to smiled like that at me whenever we made an eye contact? Your eyes, whenever i looked at them, it made my heart to skipped a beat, even when most of our eye contact didn't last than two seconds. I think i have fall for you, Anh Heeyeon.. it sounds so wrong yet so right.

When we're taking a walk around the museum as Janice explaining things to us, Hani and i somehow ended up walk side by side. We still have a little gap between our body whenever we walk, but still, close enough for me to smell her sweet intoxicating smell. She just doesn't have any idea how much i'm struggled on the inside to control myself just so i can keep my hand away from grabbing her hand. Her warm, soft hand.

Today, i make a mental note to myself to confront her. I will try to talk to her and make a conversation first. I want to know her more. I want to get closer to her. At least, let's be friends, Heeyeon-ah..

I was waiting for the right time to start a 'proper' conversation with Hani. We talked before but it's simply by exchanging greetings like "hi", "good morning" when we met in the hotel's restaurant for breakfast, and "bye" when we parted ways in the hotel lobby, or gave a small smile to each other when we happened to look at each other. Accidentally or not. This time i'll make sure that we'll talk longer.

When we go to Nami island, we need to use a small cruise to get to the island. I saw Hani and Hyerin sit on a long chair inside the cruise. I see there's a rather huge space for one or two more persons to sit there. So i braced myself and walked toward them. Slowly i bend my body and take a seat next to Hani. Just when i want to open my mouth to speak, i hear Hani speaks to me.

"Aren't you feel cold, unnie?" She asked with a concern look in her eyes.

"Me? Nah, i'm fine." I secretly sighed in relief when i found myself can speak properly and not stuttering when i talk to my so called girl crush.

"You're not wearing gloves." She said with a small smile as her eyes landed on my bare hands.

"Ahh, yeah. I didn't bring gloves. But it's okay, the cold wind here is still bearable." I smiled back at her.

"Good then." She smiled wider.

"Yeah. Anyway your name is Heeyeon right? Oh, i mean Hani." I quickly corrected when i remember how she ever told us to called her with Hani instead of her korean name. She caught me off guard when i heard she giggled lightly.

"It's okay, Solji unnie. You can call me with Heeyeon if you want."

"O-oh? Okay. *ehem*." I cough awkwardly.

"So, she's Hyerin right? Your cousin." I tried to continue the conversation. That's my initial plan.

"Ah yeah, Hyerin-ah. Introduce yourself to Solji unnie." Hani patted Hyerin's arm and make her to look at Hani and then me.

"Oh? Ne. Annyeonghaseyo, Solji unnie. Hyerin-imnida! I'm 17 years old this year." Hyerin cutely introduced herself with a smile that causing her eyes to disappear in the process.

"Aww cuteee~" I squealed.

"Yeah, she is." Hani smiled with a motherly smiled on her face seeing Hyerin's aegyo.

We talked for some more, about our life, our daily activity, our hobby, music and others. Hani is such a warm and friendly person while Hyerin is a cutie with overflowing aegyo. Good to know i get to know them. Especially Hani. Finally, mission accomplished. I've befriended my girl crush. A good start for me.

 ********************

 

"Yo sis~" Juseung oppa called out for me.

"What?"

"You got new friends i see." He said while eyeing Hani and Hyerin.

"So what?"

"Nothing." He smiled and leave.

"Weird." I mumbled.

*********

 

"Juseung-ah, you're single, aren't you?" Janice suddenly asked when we're all gathering to take a group pictue in front of the famous winter sonata's actors' statue.

"Yeah, i am, Noona." My brother answered. What a liar. He has a girlfriend back in States.

"Hanineun eottaeyo? (What do you think of Hani?)" Janice teased them. My brother can only shyly smiled as people start to teased them.

"Hani, you're single too right?" Janice asked Hani this time and Hani nodded as her answer.

"See? How about trying to date each other, Hani? Juseung?" Janice continued acting as a cupid for them.

"Eyy unnie, since when this tour become a matchmaking event??" I butted in because i have heard enough. But i just said it in joking manner. I don't want them to feel suspicious at me or something.

"Hahaha right, sorry. Let's take our group picture now, shall we?" Janice said and we start to make a pose for a group picture. I realized how my brother keeps stealing glances at Hani once in awhile and trying to stand beside her when we took the group photo. "Oppa, please, don't. Anyone but this person." I inwardly begged. I really hate the idea of competing with my own brother.

 **********

 

"Solji-ah, i saw you exchanged Katalk (Kakao Talk) contact with Hani earlier. Can i get her contact as well?" Juseung asked me once we get back to our hotel room. It's true. Earlier Hani and i exchanged our phone number and Kakao ID, just because. I initiated it first because i realize i need to make some moves before another person (like my own brother for example) beats me.

"Oppa, stop kidding around, will ya? You already have a girlfriend."

"Eyy, what do you mean? It's not that i want to date Hani or what. I just want to befriended her." Duh, obviously you want more than that, my beloved oppa 

 "Ask her then by yourself." I nonchalantly replied and go to the bathroom to take my bath.

"Yah Heo Solji!" He shouted right after i locked the bathroom's door behind me.

*******************

 

"Good morning, Samchon (uncle), Imo (aunty), Heeyeon, Hyerin." I greeted them with a smile as we meet in the hotel's restaurant for breakfast. My parents also have been friends with Mr Anh and Mrs Anh. I saw them talking and lightly joking with each other several times.

"Good morning." They replied in unison. But my eyes can see no one but Hani. She smiled oh so sweetly at me. What a good way to start a morning.

I take a plate and start to fill it with diffent kind of foods that i like. That's when i feel my heart skipped a beat and i know she must be there, somewhere close to me. And i proven right.

"Have a good sleep last night?" She asked as she also put some foods on her plate.

"Yeah. How about you?" I asked back and looked at her. She looked back at me and smiled.

"Me too."

"Morning, Hani." My brother appeared out of the blue. Just why he has to butted in now? My brother, i love you, i really do. But can't you just back off this time? I liked her first! I fell for her first!

"Oh, Juseung oppa. Morning." Hani replied and flashed him a smile. Fine, go flirting with each other. I'll leave you two alone.

With a heavy heart i take few steps away from the two and quickly choose the foods i want before i leave them and going back to my table to silently eat my breakfast. I missed the disappointed look in Hani's eyes since i was too mad to care.

 

Now i get it. Maybe all of this time, when i feel Hani's eyes on me, actually she didn't look at me but my brother. I usually sit next to him or walk beside him. So every look that Hani gave at my direction were actually all directed to my brother, not me. And i was mistakenly understanding the situation. Ouch, the reality hurts. A lot.

**********

 

Ever since i acknowledged the truth, i start to make some distance with Hani. I'll just smile at her when we happened to walk passed each other. I have stop trying to approaching her and also to talk to her. I need to mend my broken heart first. I thought it's just a silly crush but guess it's deeper than that.

I was still in my own thought when we're queueing to get down from the bus. I don't even realize that Hani is the one who's queueing in front of me again. I think the bus driver said something to us but i don't really pay attention on whatever thing he said. That's when i feel the bus start to moving abruptly and causing me to almost lost my balance because of the sudden movement. My body collided with the person in front of me. Luckily she/he didn't fall because of the impact and catch me just in time.

"Sorry." I quickly apologized.

"You're okay, unnie?" H-her? Hani??

"Heeyeon?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter