. End .

longing.

He longed for his touch, longed for the way he held him and for the nights when they'd spend time talking about whatever came in mind. Taekwoon just really wanted him back, he wanted everything to go back to the same way it was but he knew he's just dreaming. Nothing he'll do will be able to bring Wonshik back. 

It all started when the younger male begun getting distant, slowly and Taekwoon noticed it so damn well but never spoke. He watched Wonshik leave him, just like that without him doing anything at all. He watched as how the beautiful smile of the younger's started to fade away, his skin becoming more pale and as bad as the bags under his eyes would get each time he saw him. Taekwoon didn't really know why.

Did he do something to hurt Wonshik? Did Wonshik find someone new? Was he afraid to admit that to Taekwoon? But that wasn't what broke him the most.  It's what Wonshik did that made Taekwoon almost want to fall to his knees and cry.

 

On their one year anniversary, Wonshik decided to take Taekwoon out for dinner at their favorite restaurant which surprised Taekwoon since it was out of nowhere and he didn't expect it. Wonshik looked really happy that day. He held the older's hand, entwined their fingers as he kept flashing his beautiful smile and starting topics, never wanting to stop talking to the older and Taekwoon seemed to enjoy it even though it was a little weird. As the dinner came to an end, Wonshik excsed himself to the restroom and Taekwoon just sat at the table, waiting for him to come back.

When Wonshik came out of the restroom, his face was suddenly pale again. What happened this time? Taekwoon thought. The younger made his way to the table, waving to Taekwoon and smiling widely once again. Taekwoon couldn't really buy that.

"I guess we're all finished? Let's go!" He said, almost excitedly and Taekwoon just simple nodded to that and got up from his seat. Wonshik on the other hand went to pay the bill and followed Taekwoon shortly after. 

 

Comfortable silence.

That's how the ride to their home felt like, no words exchanged , only their breaths could be heard throughout the whole ride. It's been a while. Taekwoon smiled, hoping that Wonshik wouldn't notice it but.. he did and that made Wonshik's heart ache. 

When they reached their destination, Wonshik got out of the car first, opening the door for Taekwoon as he flashed his smile once again. Stupid.. Taekwoon muttered under his breath but Wonshik didn't hear that. As Taekwoon got out of the car he noticed how Wonshik was very distracted and looking at the ground. He looked nervous, afraid, scared. Taekwoon wanted to at least reassure him that he's alright and whatever he's going through he'll be fine and that he'll be there for him but when he wanted to speak, his words were cut short as Wonshik called his name.

"Taekwoon." the younger spoke as if he was out of breath. He pulled the keys from his pocket, the keys to Taekwoon's, No their apartment and dropped them in the older's hand. "What.. what's the meaning of this?" Taekwoon looked at the younger whom had his head hanging low. "I-i'm giving them back to you.. Y'know what that means right, Taekwoon?" 

Wait.. is Wonshik leaving him? 

Taekwoon felt like.. He didn't know what he felt like. Hurt? Betrayed? Broken? Was there a word to describe how he felt? He didn't really know anymore.

"Wonshik.. why? Tell me why!" Taekwoon wanted to seem okay, he wanted to make himself sound like that but his voice cracked slightly at the end as he spoke."I just.. wanted you to have a good day today.. as our last day together." Wait what.. "Last day together?" Taekwoon's eyes widened.. No it can't be..

"Y-yeah, our last day together.. Taekwoon, let's break up." Wonshik said all at once and Taekwoon thought he didn't hear right. Last day? Break up? What the hell was going on.. "But why?" Taekwoon choked out.

"It's better for both you and me, Taekwoon. Don't complicate this, let's go our seperate ways." Wonshik breathed out, tears threatning to fall.  "I hope.. you'll find happiness with someone else and please don't hold onto me." the younger looked at Taekwoon and smiled at him, sadly. "Farewell, Taekwoon.."

 

That was the last time Taekwoon heard from Wonshik or saw him. He'd moved from his old house, changed his phone number and everything else that Taekwoon knew about. He felt so disappointed at first but.. as days passed by he learnt how to accept it. Wonshik was never coming back to him. He's probably happy with someone else, smiling and laughing like that idiot he was when they were together. Why should he worry? Taekwoon thought as he finished another bottle.

Who is he lying to? He wasn't fine. He literally tried everything, even asked some people he hadn't kept in contact for ages if they knew anything. But much to his disappointment nobody knew anything about him, nothing at all.. Wonshik.. it's like he just disappeared. 

 

Months went by and so did Taekwoon's life, he got a new job and became known but never gotten into a serious relationship or else after Wonshik, just no matter who he'd end up with it always ended with Taekwoon wanting so much more and his partners never giving him what he wanted. Wonshik was the only person who could do that. What a lonely life he had.. He'd always laugh at that.

 

And today wasn't any different. It was around 3 in the afternoon as Taekwoon was sitting at his office, signing some papers. His phone buzzed, announcing that he got a call. He picked his phone from the table and looked at the ID, it was from an unknown number. "Who the hell is calling me at this hour?" He muttered to himself, annoyed as he picked up.

"Hello?" 

"Hey, Uh.. is this Mr. Jung?" an unfamiliar voice spoke.

"Yes, this is Mr. Jung? is there anything i can help you with?"

"I have something to talk to you regarding Wonshik." the guy spoke again.

Taekwoon's heart skipped a beat. "Wonshik? Yes, okay when?" He tried to sound like it didn't effect him.

"I'll send you the details to the place we're going to meet at, when are you free?"

Taekwoon couldn't hide his excitment , was he going to hear from Wonshik again?

"I'm free right now."

 

When they met at the place they agreed to meet, they both sat down and started talking normally before getting into the actual reason they were here. Apparently the guy's name was Hakyeon and he was older than Taekwoon by a few months.

the slightly older male opened his mouth, saying words that left Taekwoon speechless. Wait.. what the ..
He wanted to speak but he couldn't, why couldn't he speak? What the hell did he mean by.. Wonshik is gone? What did he mean by saying that.. it's not possible to see Wonshik ever again? Taekwoon felt like his world crashed and crumbled to the ground; it became worse than before.

 

"The truth is.. I was Wonshik's boyfriend for the time when he left you. Yeah it sounds like he used me but he just needed someone to keep him company for.. that hard time he had, i just really didn't mind.. he was a good person. anyways, he told me to write down your number and call you to tell you about this when it's time.. Wonshik actually.. his physical condition and mental condition .. they both weren't good, he wasn't good at all. You might've noticed. He didn't want to hurt you, he made sure to give you a great day before.. he left."

"Hakyeon.. please speak, what happened? I don't understand!" 

"Wonshik's gone.. you can never see him again. He's died, Taekwoon!" Hakyeon yelled, choking on his tears as he did so.

 

Taekwoon longed for Wonshik's touch, the way he held him and for the nights when they'd spend time talking about whatever came in mind.

But for the most part; Taekwoon longed to see.. Wonshik, he wanted to hold him.. he wanted to tell him that everything was going to be alright..

but.. Wonshik's gone.

And Taekwoon will never be able to see him again.