Chap. 1 Johnny Depp

Love of a life time?

 

Nervousness is all what Kyungsoo felt has he scouted the empty hallway with a pastel blue envelope in hand. He slowly but surely made his way to the desired locker, Kim Jongin’s. With shaking hands he pushed it inside one of the flat openings and fled to the lunch room where he will meet with all of his friends. As he neared his table he shot a quick glance at the popular table or more specifically Jongin. His heart skipped like ten beats each time his crush would smile, laugh, eat, breath, do anything really just looking at him had Kyungsoo in cardiac arrest. Since he was to distracted ogling at Jongin he didn't notice when he walked right into a pillar and fell flat on his bum… at least he thought it was a pillar. Looking up he came face to face with the school's most loved student nurse Lay, at least that's what he goes by.

“Oh my! Are you alright? I'm so sorry I was very distracted and blanked out! Can I do anything to make it up to you?” Said a ferreting Lay has he helped a struggling Soo.

“No no it's alright I literally wasn't looking where I was going trust me I'm fine.” Spoke Soo with a calm voice trying to ease out if the situation as they were drawing unwanted attention. Especially Jongin’s which to Kyungsoo is everything but unwanted. Lay pouted for a bit and Kyungsoo had to resist the urge to pinch his cheeks because he looked precious doing that.

“Well just let me know I feel bad for doing this to you and not making it up to you.”

“Trust me you're fine let's just carry on like nothing happened” smiled Soo showing off his famous heart shaped smile that only a few get to see, which caused poor little Lay’s heart to skip a beat. And so with that Lay proceeded to his table of friends which happened to be where Jongin sits as Soo he went to his, but Soo being the sly little devil he is takes notice of Lay’s friendship with Jongin and knew exactly what kind of favor he wanted.

 

A couple hours have passed and school is over and all the students are ready to head home or to their after school activities like sports and stuff. Meanwhile Kim Jongin is staring at a pastel blue envelope that he found in his locker and is deciding if he should open it. Shrugging and saying screw it in his mind he opens it. Inside is a light pink paper folded up neatly to fit the envelope. His immediate thoughts were these: is this a confession? Should I read it? What if this person expects a reply from me? and Do I know them? He unfolds the letter and is meet with incredibly neat handwriting and he thought ‘wow this girl has great handwriting’ and the letter says

 

Dear Kim Jongin,

before you proceed I must let you know that I am a male, and of this bothers you stop reading this and put it in the trash nearest to you. I will not have you waste your time reading this if you are not into guys.

 

At this Jongin stopped blinked a bit and looked around seeing a trash can not to far off and finding the hallway completely empty. At this Jongin was in deep thought ‘ should I throw it away? I mean I've never shown an interest in guys before but I'm not closed minded, in fact I think I've caught myself checking out couple of guys before’ with this in mind he continued reading the letter.

 

Sorry I had to  be a little rude to you I just don't want you to take this lightly, and I want you to be serious. I'm not some pushover I'm a person with feelings….. In fact I have really strong feelings for you. I had to work so much courage to write to how I feel about you, you'll have no idea. Sorry I'm babbling, let's cut to the chase. I love you since I first heard you speak. I know I know it's weird to say that but in my case it's true. I mean don't get offended I saw you first before I heard you talk but anyone could fall for your looks, I mean have you see yourself in the mirror, you're hot. But I feel when you talked to one of the Teachers. You spoke to them with such respect, kindness, and humility - not to mention you have this soothing type of voice and both calms me and excites me- that I knew in that moment if you and I were ever together you would treat me that way and care for me and listen to me. So as I continued to see you around I continued to notice your heart. You care for anyone you meet and help them. You have manners and respect those who are older than you. Also you show your loyalty when you are with your friends and playing out in the field, you leave no one behind. It's also doesn't help that you're a dancing master and have such great humor. Ugh honestly stop being so perfect! Makes me feel inadequate… Well here is my y confession. Just remember you have someone out there who loves you and that's me.

         Love,

               your little owl

P.s if you want to know who I am, tape the blue envelope to your locker then meet me on the rooftop during lunch.

 

Jongin stood there in shock and quickly with fumbling fingers grabbed the tape in his locker and tapped the envelope to the door. His mind was a mess but all he could think of was this boy. He knows he should be a little creeped out that this guys is watching him but he couldn't find the place in his heart to do so. In fact he feels very flustered and his heart is beating fast for this mystery boy. He has to meet him, so he can love him, or at lest be friends. He scoffed at that thought ‘being friends that would be weird since he has feelings for me’ but all Jongin knows is that he must meet him. With that Jongin heads out the school to his dance class thoughts occupied over owls and love. While a little figure which was hiding in the shadows stepped out and looked at Jongin's locker, their heart beating 300 beats per second. Do Kyungsoo’s crush wants to meet him. And Kyungsoo thought he was ready, ‘well no backing out now and at least I don't need to call that favor any more’ he thought and left to go home, and as the night fell none of them could sleep well due to jitters.

 

    It was windy the next day, and it didn’t die down during lunch and poor little Kyungsoo couldn’t concentrate on eating because he knew he would throw it up cause his stomach is absolutely restless. However Jongin isn’t faring any better, he was beyond anxious he in a state of jittery excitement and nerve racking dread. ‘ what if he's not what I expect? Or changes his mind and doesn’t like me after all? OH MY SWEET FRIED CHICKEN! WHAT IF IT'S ALL A JOKE!!’ these disarming thoughts went through his head and he suddenly felt like not wanting to head to the roof top. But alas he was already in front of the door that would lead to a life changing moment. On the other side of the Kyungsoo was having similar thoughts and he blood is pumping to loud in his ears that he almost didn’t hear the creaky rooftop door open, almost. His little body froze and he couldn’t move a muscle, and each time Jongin to a step closer the faster Soo’s heart beated faster, but so did his. When Jongin entered he had no idea what to expect, yet here he is and this is totally not what he expected. Before him with their back turn towards him stood a small lithe body of an adorably squishy looking being, hair a raven black in a bowl like cut, and a uniform that fit him a little too big and hid his small but noticeable curves, and his slim shoulders that could make one easily mistake him for a girl if it wasn’t for his uniform -seeing as guys wear pants and girls skirts-. Yup he totally was not expecting this, and this is just his back. Once Jongin was about 2 feet away from him he stopped, and he cleared his throat.

 

“Well I came like I promised.” surprised that his voice didn’t crack form nerves, “a-are you going to show yourself to me? I-I mean you don't have to! But it would nice to see your f-face.” ‘Drats! I’m stuttering as well! He must think I’m weak or something.’ He thought in dismay and as looking at his feet then the small male in front of him, back still turned.

 

Contrary to what Jongin thought Kyungsoo was dying inside because him talking and stuttering is absolutely heart warming and a heart attack all at once. Thinking that enough is enough, Kyungsoo turned around to see the tall figure of Kim Jongin looking at the ground, Kyungsoo gave a soft smile at this, and gather his courage to talk.

 

“H-Hello, I’m Do Kyungsoo.” He mentally scolded himself for stuttering because it's cute coming from Jongin, but it looks lame coming from Kyungsoo. He made sure he was looking at Jongin to see the reaction he’ll get once he see his face. You see Kyungsoo is a little bit insecure about his face, he thinks his eyes are too big and his nose too small, his lips are probably really chapped and his cheeks might be a little too chubby. But  you see these “imperfections” that he calls them are “perfection” to Kim Jongin as he finally looks at him and falls. ‘Holy crap he’s beautiful.’ was all that was running through his head that he couldn’t even react for like a good 2 minutes, in fact Kyungsoo was in the same dilemma and neither of them could look away from the other. A smile as bright as the sun grew on both of their faces and they knew from that moment, they were destined for one another. So it seemed as if all was right with the world because soon the wind cease to blow.

 

On their first date, Jongin took him to the sea to see the sun set where they shared a little bit of each other to the sea and tossed their troubles in a green bottle into the that vast expanse of blue. Even though Kyungsoo was against it because and I quote “I don't want to make a  part of the litter that is already in the sea” somehow Jongin convinced him. Their second date was more of your classic movie then we eat kind of thing. The difference was Jongin wanted to watch a romcom and Kyungsoo wanted to see a new Disney movie that just came out, in short they learned a little life lesson that day and it was Do Kyungsoo has Kim Jongin wrapped around his little fingers. On their third date they went on a hike 4:30 in the morning and Kyungsoo was cursing Jongin’s handsome face for convincing him to lose his precious sleep. Once they reached the top the sun was beginning to rise over the city and the mountain and along with it came a breathtaking view and it was there at top of a Mountain overlooking the city with the sun rising, that Jongin asked Kyungsoo to be his boyfriend and where Kyungsoo lost his first kiss. Maybe he could forgive him for waking him up this early… Maybe. They went on many dates after that, the only difference was that the held hands or looked into each other's eyes more and whenever Jongin took Kyungsoo home he said good bye with a kiss and a promise of tomorrow.

 

They were the power couple of the school, everyone knew and they all approved. Sure some girls were jealous of Kyungsoo and tried to thwart their relationship but in the end it was Jongin that ran them off. They hit major couple milestones like moving together, finally sharing the same room, and etc. everything was looking bright for the couple. In fact everyone was certain they would get married, they themselves thought that as well. However as times change so do emotions.

 

Zhang Yixing or more commonly known as Lay, best student nurse around. Not much was known about him except that he is an angel and wants to help everyone. So it was a giant shock when he decided to join the dance team and then show that he's better than almost everyone… Almost. Kim Jongin is still the best however when these news came to him, he was frozen in shock and wanted to see just how good his friend is at dancing. It has been a while since Jongin has been to dance practice being caught up in his relationship and all. So he went, saw him dance,heart got struck by a little devil’s arrow, and was then full of confusion. ‘What is going on?’ He thought ‘I can't just randomly have feeling for my friend after seeing them dance?! Besides I'm in a perfect relationship, why would I want that to change?’ He hid himself at home in the bathroom trying to sort out his thoughts and figure out just what is exactly caused him to react like that with his long time friend. No sooner had this contemplation time start that Kyungsoo soon arrived home and called out for him.

 

“Honey I'm home!!” Kyungsoo called out then giggled at how good it felt to say that. Jongin froze in his seat - the toilet seat- and answer him “ Hey hon! I'm in the bathroom!” That should give him enough time to gather his wits and face Kyungsoo. “Okay! I'll start making dinner!” And he began creating all kinds of dishes it could feed a whole army or in this case Do Kyungsoo and Kim Jongin. When he finally emerged from the bathroom all thoughts of Lay were gone and they shared a lovely meal together, not a single dish was left full they ate it all.

 

Jongin thought that he was able to push and avoid thoughts of Lay but seeing as their friends and he's trying not to be suspicious it was hard. He soon found himself staring at his friend and being in trance at the simplest things he does. That soon Kyungsoo started to notice his strange behavior, he started blanking out more, attending dance practice more then often, and the worst was catching him staring at Lay. Kyungsoo didn't want to believe that Jongin's feelings have changed or are possibly changing. So he ignores it and continues to be a loving boyfriend even though he can see the change in his lover's eyes, he can see them tinkle for someone else.

 

Lay is clueless and happy, he is finally following his passion which is dancing. I mean don't get him wrong, he loves helping others and being a nurse, but it's not his passion. So when he joined he was even more happy that he was going to be with Jongin seeing as they hardly ever hang out any more. Nonetheless he's excited to be there and to see his friend more often now. Lay works hard on his moves and dances with all his might which makes him one of the best so it wasn't a big shock that for the upcoming spring festival they asked the dance team to perform and that the team suggest that Lay and Jongin to do a dance together. Lay was all for it but Jongin seemed more hesitant, but with enough pressure he agreed. When news of this reached Kyungsoo his heart dropped and he knew this was the end of them.

 

The signs that Kyungsoo tried to ignore soon grew ten fold and then Jongin came home late say how he had to practice with Lay their dance then he altogether just stopped making excuses and simply told Kyungsoo to not wait anymore. However the biggest blow was when the reverted back to having their own rooms, Jongin claiming that he doesn't want to wake him up when he gets home. This gave Kyungsoo the space and time to think and before they knew it the festival upon them. That also happened to be the day Kyungsoo decided to end their suffering.

 

Lookup guilty in the dictionary and a photo of Kim Jongin will appear. He knows what he is doing but he can't let go of Kyungsoo because believe it or not he still loves him, a lot… At least he thinks he does. Lay on the other hand is conflicted he knows and can tell that Jongin likes him but what he doesn't understand is why when he is literally with the most perfect person ever, okay so maybe Lay has a bit of a crush on Kyungsoo and maybe another reason he joined the dance team was so that he could see him more often. However his plan backfired and his crush’s boyfriend and his own friend started to develop feelings for him, he never knew could happen. In short Lay has no idea what to do and he hopes everything will work out with Kyungsoo and Jongin. Even though he wants Kyungsoo for himself, he knows Jongin is Kyungsoo's source of happiness although though recently he's noticed that he looks sort of gloomy and has been wearing a fake heart shaped smile.

 

It's the night of the festival and Lay and Jongin are preparing to end the night with a bang as the team dance just finished and the choir went up to sing as Lay and Jongin are warming up and Kyungsoo sits in the front row, waiting for the show to be over to talk to Jongin then Lay. They emerge and then… They dance.

 

You could feel the emotions roll off of them as they moved in sync, their facial expressions going perfectly with the song. In short Kyungsoo was hypnotized and then understood why Jongin fell for Lay. He's an amazing dancer and to top it off a warm hearted person. Tears rolled down his eyes as he knew that Jongin was going to be in safe hands. The show was over too soon and everyone was headed home and there in an empty hallway stood Kim Jongin in front of his locker holding an all too familiar pastel blue envelope in his hand once again debating if he should open it. Once again saying screw it he broke the seal of the letter to reveal an also familiar pink paper with recognizable perfect handwriting. He opened and began to read.

 

Dearest Kim Jongin

   First you need to know that I love you with all my heart forever and forever. Also that I'm always there if you ever need me. Heck if you need my help burying and dead body, I'll bring the shovels. Oops sorry it's seems like I'm always rambling in these things any let's cut to the chase. If you want to know why I wrote this meet me on the rooftop right now, but first makes sure you always keep this letter as a reminder of our love.

 

Lots of love,

Your little owl

P.s. You did great today love, I know that soon you'll be the best dancer ever.

 

Shame was all Jongin felt as he read this letter. But he shook the thought; his lover was waiting for him and he is going to meet him. He quickly made his way up the roof and slowly opened the door and there basking in the light of twilight stood Kyungsoo with his back turned. All of this felt like déjà vu to Jongin as he made his way to his lover.

 

“I'm here” he said his voice strong and clear, Kyungsoo’s shoulders tensed up and he slowly turned around, it was in that moment that Jongin knew everything was wrong. Do Kyungsoo had big fat tears rolling down his face and he couldn't look any more beautiful thought Jongin as the setting sun’s rays made the tear trails glisten and his watery eyes shine like stars. “Kim Jongin, I have been thinking and I've done a lot of thinking and I-I realized that w-we h-have to b-br-break u-up.” And with that the floodgates opened and Kyungsoo broke down trying to control his sobs and breaths. Kim Jongin himself had tears running down his own eyes but they weren't as bad as Kyungsoo's. “W-why? I thought we were happy together!?” Exclaimed Jongin. Once Kyungsoo was able to control himself he gave him a weak smile.

 

“You love Lay, you're happy with him. Your happiness matters to me and if you're not happy with me then go and be with someone you love.” He said surprised at how strong his voice came out. Jongin's eyes widened “But I love you! I can't leave you!” Cried Jongin. Once again Kyungsoo offered at quivering smile “Oh Jongin if you have truly deeply ever loved me, wouldn't have fallen in love with someone else. Good bye Kim Jongin, Good bye my love.” As Kyungsoo slowly moved to where Jongin was standing and face him a kiss, it's wet and salty due to the tears and it was lingering. Jongin's legs felt weak and the trembled but he stood there shell shock and unable to move as Kyungsoo walked away. Little did any of them know that Lay was standing near the exit and he quickly hid in the shadows not wanting Kyungsoo to see him, but it was useless because as soon as Kyungsoo stepped through he saw Lay. “H-How much of it did you hear?” He asked timidly, Lay looked down ashamed for getting caught “all of it” he answered.

Kyungsoo gave him a soft smile “then I would like to call in that favor you owed me so long ago.” Lay lifted his head “Sure anything for you.” Kyungsoo smile at him cause Lay’s heart to do somersaults. “ I want you to watch over, protect, and love Jongin for me. He loves you a lot you know and I would be devastated to know that you guys don't end up together after this.” A waterfall of tears rolled down Kyungsoo's face. He didn't want to let go, he didn't to give Jongin away, he didn't want to leave…

 

Lay stood frozen, what and why went through his mind. Why was his crush telling him this! He can't accept this and he was about to deny, but then he made a mistake he looked into Kyungsoo's eyes. All thoughts of saying no flew out the door and soon he found his mouth move in its own “okay I'll try” a look of relief passed over Kyungsoo's features. He then continued to move out the exit not looking back. Lay watched him leave and once he was out of sight he turned to look at Jongin. There he was kneeling on the floor his hair flying about him as the once calm sunset turned into the night with a strong wind to accompany it. He went over and gave Jongin a hug and a shoulder where he whispered comfort to him until he calmed his tears.

 

Days turned into months and months into years. Kyungsoo was never to be seen again since that night and Lay and Jongin were in a “happy” relationship. Truth be told only Jongin is happy, happy to be with the person he loves and Lay is half happy because he only loves Jongin as a brother but due to a promise he made to the one person he truly ever loved that he was stuck “loving” him. They went on with life and they became successful. Jongin and Lay did become famous dancers known far and wide over Korea. As for Kyungsoo well let's just say he has been keeping an eye on them. He switched schools the night he disappeared and he never was able to find love again because his heart still belonged to Jongin. However seeing his love and all the places they went was to much for him and so he moved to a whole new city, unable to live with the memories. He couldn't even look at the setting sun the same anymore. Lay couldn't keep up the act anymore and they broke up 2 years into their career, surprisingly Jongin took it fairly well. They all went their separate ways after that, trying to keep up with time hoping that it will be kind to them and help them find love once again.

“if you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second.” - Johnny Depp