Born to Shine.

Born to Shine.

Born to shine.

That song was made for Kibum specifically and there no one could change his mind, Jonghyun was completely sure of that. Here was the proof, Kibum shone even more than the lights that illuminated his way.

His puppy eyes followed every move the rapper did on the stage, his dark orbs recording inside his brain all the movements his hands, his legs, his hips, even his hair strands, made.

"Hyung is doing great." He heard Taemin saying beside him.

"Great? He's perfect." He chuckled when Taemin glared at him, ruffling his hair without even caring the maknae spent a good hour with his stylist.

"You should stop staring at him like a stalker and talk to him." Taemin said, walking away to get ready for his solo.

Jonghyun growled, looking at Kibum once more.

He felt something for the rapper, everyone inside the band and SM knew it, but he knew it was impossible...or at least was what he thought.

He continued looking at his friend while he danced in front of that fan, he could hear everyone screaming and cursing the luck of that girl for being that near of him. He could understand them, he wished it was him instead of her.

Wait, what?

His eyes widened when he realized what he thought, he felt his face getting hot and his legs trembling like that day when he debuted. Why did he think that?

"Jjong, how was it?" He snapped out of his thoughts when Kibum appeared in front of him, moving his pink hair out of his eyes.

"O-Oh, it was great! You kept this well hidden from us." He managed to say, shaking his head to get rid of the crazy ideas inside his head.

"I said it was a surprise" He smiled, placing the microphone on the table "So, do you like it?"

"Yep, it was Kibum style, completely." He smiled, feeling his heartbeat increasing for the proximity of the other with such attire "N-Never thought you were going to show your skin to our fans."

"Stop saying it like if I was !" Kibum slapped his shoulder, pulling his jacket to cover his chest.

"I'm just kidding!" He laughed.

"You're so annoying." Kibum chuckled, walking to the changing room.

 

I loved his solo, he's such a talented dancer and singer!

He's perfect!

I imagined Jonghyun oppa on the girl’s place.

Jonghyun slammed his head on the table when he read the last comment. He didn't need someone to tell what he thought first.

"So, what's going on with you?" Jinki asked when he saw Jonghyun in there.

"A lot of conflicts... You know." He muttered, not wanting to raise his head.

"Kibum's solo was the news all over the world." Jinki continued, setting his plate on the table and taking a seat.

"Yeah, I know..."

"They were surprised by his body."

"I know that too...They weren't the only ones who noticed that."

"You know what's your problem, Jonghyun? That you don't talk with him."

"I talk to him, we're the closest ones in the group!"

"Not more than Taemin and Minho."

"I'm talking in terms of friendship."

"You and I know that you don't want to be only his friend."

"Are you enjoying this, hyung? You and I also know that we can't be together." He raised his head, looking at the older with half closed eyes.

"I don't see a reason of why you can't." He snapped "We accepted Taemin's and Minho's relationship, why do you think you two are different?"

"Because I'm not his type" He growled "And you should listen to your own advices, hyung... I'm getting tired you're always rejecting DaeSung’s invitations."

"We're not talking about me, just talk to him." Jinki glared at him, talking his plate and standing up "And, for your information, I’m going out with him tomorrow."

Jonghyun had been in love with Kibum since they were promoting Hello, he had to say that Kibum's hair looked better than when they were with Lucifer. Although he always found his bandmate quite unique, it was until he saw Kibum holding a ring that looked like a proposal ring, that he realized that the feelings he had for him, was love and only love.

After realizing that, he started to notice that Kibum's everything was enchanting, the way he talked, the way he danced, he even believe that sometimes he danced better than Taemin and although the maknae didn't like his comment at first, he started to saying that Key did dance really good.

He kept pushing his feelings deep inside his chest, controlling his heart every time he was near him, hanging around with the others to stop thinking on him and even thinking in girls.

"Are you okay, hyung?" Minho asked when he saw that Jonghyun was just staring at the television without paying attention to what was happening.

"Huh? Yeah, I was just thinking on a song..."

"A song named Kim Kibum?"

"Are you going to start with that like the others?" He rolled his eyes, taking his mobile.

"I changed my status from fan to boyfriend with Taemin because I talked to him, you know?" Minho continued, not paying attention to his comment.

"Yeah! Everyone knows that, even Amber." How couldn't they? Taemin kept saying that his Minho hyung confessed his feeling when they were just talking.

"I'm trying to help, hyung." Minho muttered "You said you're not Kibum's type but you're not sure about that."

"I'm sure, I couldn't care less about my clothes if I'm comfortable." He rested his head on his hand, looking at some photos he had with Kibum.

"Oh come on, you pay attention to them, I'm the one that just walks with the first thing I found" Minho chuckled "Also, I'm not like Taemin... You don't need to be like the one you're in love with."

He was left out of words again, what the damn tall rapper was saying was true, neither Taemin and Minho or Onew and DaeSung were similar, they had their unique way of being and still, they seemed really happy together.

"Come on hyung, talk to him and see what happens."

 

"Why did you choose that song, Kibum?"

After two weeks of thinking about his friends words, he forced his mouth to talk that day.

"What song?" The rapper asked, placing his mobile down to look at him.

"The one you sang in Japan." He took a deep breath.

"Oh, because I liked it and, you know, it fits me." He laughed.

"More than you think... I really think it was made for you." He admitted, looking at Kibum's hands instead of his eyes.

"Oh...really? That's sweet, thank you." Kibum's shy voice was too much for his heart, was he trying to cause him a heart attack?

"I mean it... I even think that the lights were brighter that day."

"I-I didn't know you could be this cute, Jonghyun..." Kibum started to play with his thumbs, his stomach and heart twisted in a funny way every time he was alone with Jonghyun.

"The cute is Taemin, not me..." He scratched the back of his head "You know I have your solo on my mobile?"

"N-No, I didn't know" He cleared his throat "Only mine?"

"Y-Yes..."

"W-Why?"

"Because I agree, you were born to shine..." He trailed his words "Kibum I... I have been in love with you s-since we were promoting Hello."

"Y-You what?"

"While we recorded the video, I imagined you were going to give that ring to me and-and the other day I wanted to be on that fan's place... Oh, my God I'm so embarrassed!" He hid his face behind his hands, feeling his face was completely red.

For the first time on his life, Kibum was out of words. He never imagined hearing that kind of things from the lead singer, he always pictured Jonghyun as a kind man but never thought he could say such cheesy words. But he had to admit.

His heart was screaming like crazy.

"Jonghyun ah, y-you, I-I..." He swallowed the nervousness "I think I... wait here."

Jonghyun peeked from behind his hands when heh heard the other, seeing that Kibum had fled out of the room and that now he was completely alone.

Good job! He ruined their friendship.

He sighed loudly, resting his head on his hands. He always feared he could ruin everything they had for being dumb and now, he feared that could affect their connivance inside the band, the last he wanted was throwing away everything they went by being SHINee.

"J-Jonghyun..." He looked up when he heard Kibum's voice, seeing him standing in front of him with his hands behind his back.

"I'm sorry Kibum, I shouldn't have said that, I don't want to ruin our friendship and-"

"Shut up for a moment, Jjong." Kibum snapped, walking to him and sitting down at his side.

Now that he thought, he might really be like a puppy.

"Have you ever wondered why I trust everything to you?" Kibum asked, keeping one hand behind his back.

"B-Because I'm a good confident?"

"No" Kibum rolled his eyes "Come on, Jonghyun."

"I don't know, maybe because we're closer than the others?"

"Because I like you too."

It was like time had stopped for the lead singer, for a moment he thought he was dreaming because that was a constant dream for him.

"R-Really?"

"Y-Yeah, you know, we have always been like the main couple in the group an-and all of that..." Kibum brought his hand to the front, revealing the small box he used on the MV "Y-You still want it?"

Jonghyun didn't even stop to think and, before he knew it, he had jumped on Kibum, hugging the stunned rapper into a tight hug "You mean it, you mean it?!" He asked, his face millimetres from the other.

"Yah! You're crushing me you, puppy!" Kibum tried to push him off but couldn't even move him "Jonghyun! Comme des behaves better!"

"I don't care!" Jonghyun felt he could die in that moment and that he was going to be happy "Thank you, Kibummie!"

"Don't cry, you're going to make me cry too!"

"At least we're going to do it together!"

He didn't care he was messing Kibum's hair, neither if there was a crazy fan taking photos right now, he only knew that he was going to be with Kibum, his Key. He almost cries more when he felt Kibum hugging him back.

"You only confessed because I showed my body, didn't you?" He heard his whisper.

"Not completely..." He smiled, pressing his forehead to his, leaning slowly, pressing his lips into a soft kiss.

"Because you were born to shine inside my heart."