Chapter One

Virus || Jungkook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A yawn escaped my mouth as I exited the hospital with my hands in my pockets.

My night shift was over and it was time for me to return back to Bangtan House which is my home and get some sleep.

It was a tiring night. Never had we treated so many patients in a single night. Looking sideways at Jimin who stood near me with visible eye bags, I smiled at him. He flashed me an weak smile, before running his hand through his hair.

"I can't wait to get some sleep," he said. I nodded and the back of his head.

"You've worked hard," I told him. He gave me his signature eye-smile and we both walked down the stairs.

"I hope the results are positive." He said and stared at the front. I kicked a stone with my shoe and nodded. The streets were empty. People were afraid to come out or were staying at the hospital to get treatment. The virus has been around for too long.

I patted his shoulder. "It's okay if the vaccine doesn't work. You tried your best,"

Not too long ago, Jimin developed a new vaccine against the virus and right now the only thing left to do is wait for the results. It is our third attempt, and we're still hoping for it to succeed.

We took the bus back to Bangtan House where we are greeted by Jin. He stood in the front yard and was plucking some strawberries with Yugeom, an 5-year old boy that J-Hope recruited not too long ago.

"Oh, good morning guys!" He greeted and he swayed his hand while holding the strawberry.

I chuckled and took the strawberry from him and put it in my mouth. He looked at me.

"So, how is the progress?" He asked us.

Jimin sighed and answered him while I was swallowing down the strawberry.

"We don't know. We injected 75 patients this morning and we're still waiting for the results."

"Injected? What are they talking about?" Yugeom tugged onto Jin's sleeve and looked questioning at him. He looked like he was about to cry. No one knows how much he has gone through to become this traumatized with every word that was spoken. 
Jin kneeled down to the young boy and ruffled his hair.

"Nothing to worry about. Everything is fine." He smiled.

I smiled weakly and kneeled down too. Like a habit, he wrapped his tiny arms around my neck and clung to me.

I lifted him up and Jimin squeezed his chubby cheeks lightly with a smile.

"You are such a cutie pie!" He laughed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter