Compatibility Test

Compatibility Test - Sam

Sitting on the floor, you pulled your knees up towards your chest as your fingers ran over the stack of magazines that sat beside you, light music played in your room while you pulled the top magazine from the stack. Pulling over the magazine over onto your lap, you thumbed through the pages looking over the pictures and smiling as you saw an idol came across the older magazines, one you haven’t seen in the news for a whihle.

A knock came to your door before two of your friends passed through the door. Snapping your eyes up to the door, a smile pulled on your lips.

“Hey Alexis, Hi Whitney” You cooed, your eyes slowly wondering back down to the pages in the magazine, focusing on the group photo of Lunafly.

“What are you doing?” Alexis questioned while slipping her backpack from her shoulders before easing herself down next to you.

“Just reading” You cooed as Whitney sat on your bed and moved to lay on her stomach

“Looks like you found your favorite band“ Alexis sang, grabbing the next magazine in the stack as Whitney followed suit.

“Yeah…” Blush slowly crept on your cheeks as the room slowly fell silent. The silence only filling with the turning of pages and soft chuckles from each other.

“Hey, look at this” Whitney stretched out her arms to show the two of you what she had found.

“Omo! This is a quiz about Lunafly!” Alexis excitedly started to bounce up and down on her knees.

“We should ask you the questions, ________” Whitney piped up, pulling out a pen from her bag and handing it to Alexis

“I… I don’t t-think that is a goo-”

“Question one!” Alexis cut you off

“Idea…” You whispered to yourself, finishing your thought even though it fell upon deaf ears.

“What is your favorite Lunafly song?” Whitney read while Alexis hovered over the answers with the tip of her pen.

“(Insert your favorite song title here)” You replied watching Alexis circle an answer.

“Question Two… What is your favorite cover song?” Alexis questioned, her eyes lifting from the magazine as you turned, sitting cross legged on the floor as you thought about your favorite, even though there were so many good ones to choose from.

“(Insert your favorite cover here)” You bit down on your lip hoping that it was on the list as you watched Alexis circle something.

“Question Three… Besides Lunafly, who else do you like to listen to?” Whitney read slowly, wanting to watch your reaction.

“(Insert a few of your favorite groups besides Lunafly here)” You wrapped your arms around your knees, pulling your knees to your chest as you rocked back and forth to try and keep your nervousness at bay.

“Question Four… What kind of student are you?” Alexis questioned skeptically

“I try hard to get good grades” You replied softly hoping that was on there, not liking to take these quizzes just to end up disappointed in the end.

“Question Five… If you were to take a vacation where would you go?” Whitney cooed a smile pulling on her lips, knowing how she would answer the question.

“(Insert your favorite vacation/dream vacation here)” You smiled just thinking about going on a vacation.

“Question Six… What quality do you admire most in your ideal type?” Alexis read with a smile, her eyes glancing over the answers that you could choose.

“(Insert the quality you admire most)” You bit your lip softly, wondering who you would get since you were answering truthfully

“Question Seven… What is your ideal first date?” Whitney cooed sweetly as she sat upright on your bed.

“(Insert the description of your ideal first date)” You replied, your mind psyching you out thinking that you didn’t even have a chance with any member in Lunafly.

“Question Eight… If you could spend a day with your family and loved ones, what would you do?” Alexis questioned softly, lifting her eyes up from the magazine.

“(Insert some activities you would do with your family or loved ones)” You named off a few just in case some of them weren’t in the list of choices.

“Question Nine…. If you had a hard day, what would you like your boyfriend to do for you” Whitney sang, swaying from side to side seeing that there was one last question for you to answer.

Thinking a moment, you ran through all of the things that your “boyfriend” could do for you before you answered, “(Insert what you would like your boyfriend to do if you were having a hard day)”

“Last question, Number Ten… If you were apart of Lunafly, what position would you like to have?” Alexis questioned as you sat back, leaning against your hands.

“(Insert what position you would like to have in Lunafly)” You rounded your shoulders a little as you watched Alexis circle something and then counting up your score.

Flipping over a few pages, they turned back and forth, running their fingers down the page and tap the pad of their finger against the page lightly. A smile formed unaniously on their lips as your eyes widened in worry as to what the results were.

“W-What?” You questioned with a shaky voice, unsure of what they were up to.

“Do you want to know who you have the most in common with?” Alexis questioned wondering if you were ready to hear your results. Nodding your head, you tried to read their eyes and their body language to land on a hunt, however they hid the results not giving you a hint.

“Sam~” Whitney sang dreamily, causing your eyes to widen more, blush headed up your cheeks and a tightening feeling grew in your chest.

“W-What was my score?” You stammered wondering if you were just off by a point or two from another member.

“You and Sam are a perfect match” Alexis clarified, turning the magazine around so you could see your answers and your score as well as the final result.

“T-This can’t be…” You whispered to yourself as you took the magazine and looked it over, checking your answer to make sure that your friends didn’t change any of your answers in the process.

“Can I get you two anything? I am going to grab me some food” You stood up, changing the subject.

“I’m fine” Whitney answered taking back the magazine

“Me too” Alexis replied short after, grabbing another magazine from the stack and starting to thumb through it.

“I’ll be right back” You told them, placing the magazine with your results on the bed before leaving the room.

Padding into the kitchen, your mind churned over the quiz that you had just finished. Thinking how your ultimate bias just happened to be your perfect match. Shaking your head, you pulled some leftovers from the refrigerator, you placed it in the microwave and pressed a few buttons before starting up the machine to heat your food. Tapping your finger against the counter top, you were lost in thought, wondering if they alter the quizzes so the fangirls get their bias no matter what.

The chime of your microwave sounded as it snapped you out of your thoughts as you pulled your food out of the microwave, grabbing the right utensil you headed back to your room.

Passing through the door, you saw your friends looking at one of their phones and giggling.

“What’s so funny?” You probed pulling out your desk chair since both of your friends were now on your bed.

“Just something…” Whitney cooed, pulling away from her phone that she held between herself and Alexis.

“Oh…” You hummed, their giggling toning down almost immediately, tipping you off that something was definately going on. Slipping a bite of food in your mouth, you shrugged it off your shoulders.

“Would you like to see?” Alexis offered as your eyes lifted, your head nodded gently wanting to be included in what they were giggling at.

Whitney carried her phone over to you and turned the phone in your direction so that you could see what they were looking at a moment earlier. Your eyes moved over the bold test lining the title spot on the post.

_____________ gets 100% on Who Is Your Oppa!

Next, your eyes dropped down to a picture of you and then one of the magazine with your answers circled. Placing the food on the desk next to you, you carefully wrapped your hand around the phone, quickly scanning over the article, your eyes widened seeing how they wrote it and how it portrayed you.

Vibrations soon flooded her phone, not knowing what to do, you quickly gave her phone back to her and picked up your food as Alexis trotted over to see all of the likes and shares start to add up.

“Omo! You are going to be popular!” Whitney covered , slightly becoming more and more jealous towards you.

The notes moved from the single to double to triple digits, surpassing one hundred then two hundred, the rest was a blur as your results were circulating the internet with thousands of notes before the next morning.

The sun played hide and go seek behind the clouds, slipping into your school uniform, your fingers tangled in your hair, gathering your hair up into a ponytail. Tying off your ponytail, you grabbed your backpack hanging on the back of your chair before pulling your arms through the straps. Walking through the kitchen, you grabbed your water bottle and an apple before you headed out the door.

Skipping down the stairs, you watched as a few of the neighborhood girls looked over at you, turning to one another, they giggled and rushed past you. Not thinking anything was out of the ordinary, you pulled out your phone and slipped your ear buds into your ears as your feet continued headed towards school.

Munching on your almost finished apple, you rounded the corner into the school yard. Scanning the area lightly, you saw some familiar and not so familiar faces. Continuing towards the school, you felt more and more eyes on you as you continued to pass between the clumps of friends.

The school yard began to whisper as you continued into school, disposing of the apple core before heading inside and wondering around the halls for a little while before the bell rang. Within ten minutes, the classroom was full, everyone’s books were out as you drew a little in the top right corner of your notes before the teacher entered into the room.

“Did you see this?” One girl in front of you questioned, holding out her phone as the girl next to you carefully held the phone. Her eyes quickly scanning over the article as you lifted your eyes just in time to see her eyes move towards you, a smile curled on her lips before she chuckled and handed back the other girls’ phone.

Shaking it off, you settled down in your seat as the teacher started with the lesson. However, the girl next to you wouldn’t keep her eyes from wondering over you. Jotting down some notes here and there, she finally leaned over to you. Cupping her hand around to guide her words into your ear.

“Are you and Sam going to get married now?” She whispered, a smile curling up the sides of her lips.

“What is that supposed to mean?” You questioned, thinking everyone was just odd this morning.

“You did get a perfect score on that compatibility test” She shrugged her shoulders as she sat upright in her seat, her legs crossed at the knee under her desk. “You two are totally soulmates~” The sarcasm dripped from her words almost causing you to shudder.

“H-How did you know?” You stammered quietly, the thought of last night slapping you across the face.

“I think a better question is, who doesn’t know” She leaned back over to you as the teacher cleared their throat, causing the girl to snap back up into her seat. Yet your mind kept spinning, wondering how it could spread this quickly.

Thinking the rest of class how this got out, you heard the bell shake you out of your thoughts as the class moved around the classroom for a few minutes before next period started.

As the day went on, the more people called you names, called you out on your “perfect score” as well as flaunted pictures of Sam around you. Retreating to a quieter spot outside, you pulled out your phone and tapped your thumb against the screen a few times before a conversation pulled up on your phone.

Sam143 lined the top of the screen as you slipped a small bite of food into your mouth before readying both of your thumbs to type him.

Do you mind if I rant to you? You sent first

Not at all angel, I’m all ears~ -S

Typing out the previous events that lead up to the teasing and eventually you morphed your tone into the worries on your mind. Sending a few shorter messages one right after the other, you leaned back against the brick exterior of the building as you took a deep breath and slipped another bite of food between your lips.

A few messages were sent back and forth between the two of you, somehow talking to your internet friend always made you feel better. Although the two of you had never met face to face, both of you seemed to have a connection that was unlike any other.

Letting him know that you had to go back to class, he wished you a good rest of your classes before you headed off to finish off the day. While you were in class, he carefully typed out several messages, one after another, just like you had before but instead of explaining your terrible day, he filled his messages with compliments and heartfelt observations trying to make you feel better or put a little sunshine in your darkened day.

Getting out of class, you gathered your things quickly and darted out of the classroom. Jogging out of the courtyard, you rounded the corner before slowing down and pulling out your phone, letting your ear buds settle back into your ears as the messages caught your attention after music began to play in your ears.

A few tears fell from your eyes reading over his beautiful message, uplifting you more than words could ever describe. Thinking back to the first time the two of you met, you had commented on a cover of his and from then on, the two of you talked either every day or every other day. The two of you were best friends, giving and taking of one another with understanding and friendship at the base.

Sliding your phone back into your pocket, you leaned forward slightly as you started to trudge up the final hill towards your home. Lifting your head as you approached your home, you noticed a tall stranger slightly moving in front of the gate of your home.

“Can I help you?” You questioned, calling out to the man, the man turning towards you with a soft smile pulling on the corner of his lips. His brown eyes peered into yours, a familiar feeling filled your bosom, a feeling like Sam143 had just sent you a message.

“I heard there was an angel living around here somewhere” He looked around slowly, his eyes finding their way back to yours eventually, his hands slipping into his pockets.

“I think you have the wrong address, there is only dark angels here” You walked past him as he chuckled under his breath, knowing you always call yourself a dark angel rather than a light one. “Please excuse me” You pulled open the gate as he wanted to go up to you and just wrap you up in a hug, however, he pulled out his phone and typed a little bit before sending a message.

Your phone buzzed in your pocket causing you to stop in your tracks, pulling out your phone, you looked at the message and lit up a little seeing that it was from Sam143.

“Do you want to get some ice cream with me? Take your mind off of things?” The man’s message matched the one message that just came over your phone. Turning your head over your shoulder, you saw him holding up his phone with your username written across the top of the screen.

“What do you say, ________?” His voice sweetly cooed, calling you by the only name you have told Sam143.

Connecting the dots, you were slightly skeptical but slowly let the gate close behind you, standing on the same side as Sam again.

Sending a message over your phone, his phone chimed as he read your message that you just had typed to you. Confirming that he was the person you were talking to over the past year.

“I can’t believe you came to visit me?” You told him, slowly walking back over to him

“I couldn’t stand by and let you have a bad day, now could I?” Sam giggled as he started to head down the road with you next to him.

“Well you could have…” You teased, your shoulders moving slightly as he smiled and flicked the ends of your hair.

“You started it” He giggled as a smile pulled on your lips. “Now where is the famous ice cream place that you always say we should go to when I come to visit you?” His shoulder brushed against yours as you stayed close to him.

“It’s a few blocks away…” You told him, pointing your finger in the general direction

“Sounds like we have some time to catch up” He smiled and walked a little slower, wanting to spend as much time with you as he could. Nodding softly, you watched him out of the corner of your eyes.

The two of you managed to find something to talk about, the one thing lead to another and another. Before you knew it the two of you were laughing and joking with each other as the ice cream shop came into view.

Taking a few longer strides, he pulled open the door, the bell sounding of the arriving costumers. Looking at him a little in shock, he smiled and gestured for you to go in first. Nodding to him, you thanked him as you quickly hurried through the door, he followed with a smile on his lips as he slipped his hands back into the pockets of his pants.

The two of you approached the counter as your eyes lifted to the large billboard of options over your heads.

“Get whatever you would like, it’s my treat” Sam leaned over, letting his arm brush against yours once again.

“I-I couldn’t ask you to do that… I can pay for myself” You told him, your eyes meeting his.

“You have had a rough day, you can pay for ice cream the next time I have a bad day okay?” He reasoned as you nodded with a smile.

“Thanks Sam!” Your eyes looked back up at the menu of options as you tapped your lower lip slowly, trying to decide on what to get.

Sam glanced at you from time to time, watching you caused his heart to flutter, his cheeks to redden and his stomach to churn happily.

“You know what you are getting?” You questioned, blinking a few times, he snapped out of his thoughts and nodded.

“Ready if you are” He smiled, you nodded and approached the counter, he hand gently brushing over the fabric of your shirt as he had you go first. Slipping his hand back into his pocket, you ordered your favorite and asked for sprinkles as he ordered and paid for the ice cream as well before the two of you watched them assemble your order.

Once they were ready, they handed the ice cream to him as he held both yours and his in each hand.

“You can choose where we sit” Sam smiled as you nodded and made your way over to one of the corner tables, always wanting to sit in the booth when you come here.

“Here?” You questioned, wondering if it was okay for him as well.

“Perfect!” He cooed happily, you slid into the booth first as he carefully handed you both ice creams before sliding in after you.

“Here you are” You handed his ice cream to him as you ran your tongue across the sprinkle covered ice cream and letting out a soft hum.

“I take it that you like it?” He questioned, as he wrapped his lips around the tip on the top of his cone and pulled back, getting some ice cream into his mouth.

“Mhmmm, love it” You smiled as you continued to the ice cream, savoring the favor of every .

“It is really good” He mumbled taking another bite and another.

“Told ya!” You giggled, his gaze turning back to you as he watched you, his eyes filling with love for you.

“You did, we will have to come back here again sometime, but maybe on a happier occasion” He slid closer to you as he leaned back into the booth, you nodded, leading back as well.

Feeling his leg against yours, you blushed a little and smiled but didn’t move away as some feelings started to bubble up inside of you. your ice cream, you watched him eat his cone as he waited for you for just a few minutes.

“Where should we go now?” He questioned wondering what you wanted to do now.

“I should probably head home, it will be dark by the time we get there” You whispered softly, not wanting this to end as he held the door open for you once again.

“We could take our time and watch the stars, angel” He offered, slowing his pace as the two of you headed back towards your home.

“Why do you call me angel?” You probed, not remembering the first time he called you that but, at any rate, you liked it.

“No one could be more perfect than you” Sam turned towards you slightly, the two of you slowing down almost to a stop before he slipped his hand out of his pocket and brushed it against your hand, testing the waters.

Your eyes dropped as your hand opened for his hand to lace with yours. Picking up your pace slightly, he held your hand in his, his thumb brushing over your fingers slowly, the warmth of his hand keeping yours warm as the two of you gazed up at the stars every once and a while before looking at the stars in each others eyes.

“Can I ask you something?” You your lips slowly, this being on your mind all day.

“Sure, anything you want” Sam gave your hand a little squeeze.

“Did you happen to see that compatibility test that I took?” You questioned, your hand tensing around his.

“I did” He nodded his hand, his thumb slowly brushing over your skin soothingly.

“What did you think?” You probed, your voice shaking a little.

“I think we are compatible, I don’t like how they went about it, but it gave me a reason to come and see you…” He explained carefully. “Even though I would have come to see you eventually.”

A smile pulled onto your lips as you nodded, “I guess we have been friends for about a year, I just know you that well” You teased a little

“I wish there was a test for you” He smiled as you two walked a little closer together

“Why?” You questioned, tilting your head cutely to one side.

“So I could see if I am compatible with you, or if I would fail” Sam bit his bottom lip slightly as the two of you arrived in front of your house.

“You would fail” You teased

“Oh would I?” He teased back, his fingers slipping from your hand to tickle you.

Letting out a squeal followed by a laugh, he wrapped his arms around you and brought you into his chest. Once you were wrapped in his arms, your hands rested on his arms as his shoulders encased you slowly. Sliding your eyes closed, you could hear his racing heart while your thumb brushed over the skin on his arm.

“Can I come and visit you tomorrow?” He whispered into your hair.

“I would like that” You whispered softly, turning your head letting his lips brush against your forehead.

“I would too” He whispered, unwrapping his arms from around you, “Have a goodnight angel, I will meet you out here tomorrow.”

“Thank you Sam, you were just what I needed today” You smiled as you waved at him before opening the gate and walked up to your house.

Sam stood and watched you until your light in your bedroom, he smiled and slowly blew a kiss up to your window before turning away and heading down to his apartment.

Standing by your window, you watched him slowly walk away from your house, your heart beating faster as you wondered if he was really your soulmate.