1

The Red Bullet

Byul, you’ve been assigned to SKT Academy. You’ll be keeping a close eye on a group named BTS; more specifically an agent named Jungkook. Find his strengths, his weakness – find out everything about him.

 

Byul looked at the very agent she was supposed to have a close eye on. It was early morning and he was still sleeping peacefully. He looked so serene and defenseless, something she hadn’t seen in a long time. He was always alert and on top of his toes every second of the day, paranoid of everything around him. He is, in fact, the best and youngest agent in the country. Many agents like her, were assigned to assassinate him. He is a threat to all the agents in terms of clients, and a threat to all enemies so the easiest way was to get rid of him. Unlike many, she was afraid to kill him. At first, her mission was to get closer to assassinate him but she was a young agent herself and had no experience in killing anyone. So, instead, her bosses took advantage of her young age, posted her at the academy he was studying at and told her to find out everything about him so they can get rid of him themselves.

At first, it was very difficult to get close to him. He didn’t trust anyone and he obviously didn’t trust the girl who recently transferred to his school. He already had a number of girls try to kill him through that tactic and he wasn’t going to fall for it again.

Byul was about to give up her mission because it was impossible to even get close to him without blowing her cover and a month had already passed! It wasn’t until an emergency siren blew throughout the whole campus that allowed her to get a tiny bit closer to Jungkook.

Everyone rushed to the safety rooms but she noticed that Jungkook had gone the opposite way of where they were supposed to go. “Where are you going?” she called but he didn’t hear her and ran against the wave of students. Byul groaned and followed him. She wasn’t going as fast because she was getting pushed back by the body of students rushing to safety. 

She managed to escape the crowd but lost track of him. From classroom to classroom she peeked in, hoping she would find him soon. Her wish was granted when an explosion created a giant hole through the wall just 10 meters ahead of her and she fell back due to the wave of pressure of the blast. She coughed to get rid of what she inhaled and waved the dust away from her face. Her right ear was buzzing but she wasn’t concentrated on that. Someone was attacking the school and she was out in the open!

Quickly, she made her way into a classroom and hid behind the wall. Pulling her high knee socks down, she pulled out a laser pointer but it wasn’t any regular laser pointer. Every student in the academy was allowed one weapon and she chose that as hers. It was conveniently small but it was also strong, shooting out a powerful laser. The only disadvantage was, she only had two chances.

Pressing her back close to the wall and with the pen tightly held in her hand, she listened for any footsteps. Then, she heard loud footsteps just meters away. She was lucky because if it were someone who decided to sneak by, she wouldn’t have heard anything because of her ear. Then, that very person stepped into the room. Byul had her pen pointed at him but if it wasn’t for the familiar face she saw every day in class and on the photos she had in her room, she would have shot him right in the head.

Jungkook’s head was bleeding profusely, blood dripping down on this maroon blazer and soaking his white collared shirt red. As soon as he saw a familiar face, he let his guard down and let his exhaustion get the better of him. His knees buckled and he let himself fall down. Luckily for him, she caught him on time before he could hit the floor. Then, she dragged him to the wall she was hiding behind and let him rest on her thighs.

She had shooting lessons, she learned judo, karate, self-defense and she even watched videos of agents blowing off other people's head to prepare to become a spy. No video clip or gory movie scared her as much as the boy who was almost unconscious on her lap. There was so much blood she didn't know what to do. Byul held on to the wound with her hands as she looked around for some kind of cloth to press on his head but there was none. She looked down as realized her blazer would be the best option so she quickly took it off and used it to press against his wound. "Don't die on me," she warned. "You can't…I haven't gotten you to warm up to me yet!"

It was strange. Although her mission was to understand his weakness, the overall goal was to have him dead. She could have left him bleed out or shoot him with her laser and possibly die right there, knowing her mission is complete. At that moment, the only goal she had in mind was to stop the bleeding. Her eyes rounded slightly when she saw a slight smirk on his face. "I'm Jeon Jungguk. I don't die that easily." She jumped when a group of people rushed in. She was completely off guard while she was trying to stop his bleeding that she let go of her pen. Luckily, they weren't the enemy.

"What happened?" J-Hope asked in panic.

"H-he's hurt," she blurted. "There's a lot of blood a-and I don't know what to do."

Jimin knelt down beside him and sat him up. "Get on. We're going to a safe room." Then, another explosion went off, rattling the place. The boys braced themselves while Byul covered covered her head from the pieces of ceiling that were falling down.

"We need to go," Namjoon ordered. "Leave him with her. She needs to get to a safe room, too."

Jimin looked at Byul who looked absolutely fear-stricken. He was surprised to even see her here. She was supposed to be in the safe room with everyone else. When everyone was suspicious of her for suddenly transferring in, he believed she was an ally that meant no harm and seeing that she helped Jungkook out meant he was right. "I'll help him on," he said. She got in position as he helped Jungkook get on her back. "I need you to go straight down this hallway, then take a turn to the left on the Kingsly Hall and then a right the second hall down. Then, run straight and fast until you get to a safe room, alright?" She nodded.

The boys scouted the area first and when it was clear, the boys ran one direction while Byul ran the opposite way. She followed Jimin's instructions and turned left but stopped when she was face to face with the enemy.

"Drop the boy," he ordered, pointing the gun at her. She took a step back and tightened her hold on Jungkook. "Let's settle this quickly so we can both-" he wasn't able to finish when a laser shot right though his head. Her eyes widened as her eyes looked to her right. Jungkook had managed to pick up the pen she dropped and shot the enemy right in the middle of the enemy's head, despite his injury. His right arm wrapped around her shoulders again. "Keep going." She didn't need to be told twice as she ran down the hallway. The hallway she was in was pretty long so she had to quickly run to turn the corner, in hopes she wouldn't find another enemy. "Turn to the left hallway," he said.

"Huh? But Jimin said-"

"Left." Although he was younger than her by three years or so, he had a lot of authority in his voice so she did what he said and took a left instead of a right. "Room A-7." Byul looked at the signs on top of the classrooms until she got to the correct room. She entered the room and shut the door. "Fourth locker." She walked over to the fourth locker and behind her Jungkook reached over and stuck his index finger on the fingerprint scanner, just like everyone else who wanted access to their locker. The scanner buzzed red because it didn't get the correct reading. In fact, his hand was all bloody. Noticing that, she leaned forward so all his body weight was on her as she let go of his legs to wipe his finger on her white sleeve. Then, she proceeded to press his finger on the scanner, to which it successfully worked. The locker opened but it wasn't an ordinary locker. There were keys and buttons inside. She tightened her hold on Jungkook as he typed something in and when he pressed the red button, two big tiles behind them shifted.

The tiles moved to reveal a staircase. She was in awe. She didn't know this school was so technological. Sure, it was the best academy in the country but she didn't think it was to that extent. From behind, he squirmed out of her hold so he could stand. He grabbed her hand and led her down the stairs. The lights automatically as they descended.

When they stepped off the stairs, he punched in some codes on the wall and the tiles closed, shutting them in. He let go of her hand and walked toward one of the beds. Now that she looked around, she noticed they weren't exactly in a safe room. They were in more of an infirmary than anything. "Can you help me out?" Jungkook asked and she immediately walked towards him. He instructed her to get the distilled water, gauze, wrap and alcohol and after the materials were collected, he threw her blazer that was wrapped around his head on the floor, headed to the sink and leaned over. She bit her lip in hesitance. "Are you sure you're supposed to be rinsing the wound?"

It felt like electricity ran up her spine when he looked at her with that hateful glare he always threw at her. No matter what situation, he always managed to do that to her. "Do you even listen during first aid?" No, she didn't so he had a good point. She held the 2L jug of distilled water over his head and slowly poured it out. The blood mixed with the water swirled down the drain in a heavy red color at first and by the time she emptied the bottle, it was a lighter pink color. She handed him a clean towel so he could dry his hair and face and press on the open wound. After that, the both of them headed over to the bed where the other materials were laid out. "Do you know what to do?" he asked.

She looked at him and then quickly looked away. "Uh...I don't do very well in first aid."

He rolled his eyes. "First, soak the gauze with alcohol and rub it in the wound. Once it's clean, soak one piece of gauze with distilled water and then pack it with dry gauze and wrap it. Got it?"

She nodded, pouring the alcohol on the gauze square. Next, she took away the towel he had been pressing against his head and then bit her lip again. He sighed in annoyance, knowing what her lip-biting meant. "What is it now?"

"...I know I'm not good in first aid but I do know this will sting very bad. Your wound is very deep. You'll need stitches."

"Just do it..." Without any warning, she pressed the alcohol soaked gauze on the wound and he hissed loudly, making her jump. "Give me a warning, will you?!"

"Sorry," she apologized. "Can you calm down? Your wound is bleeding a lot more now."

"And whose fault is that?" he growled. Byul paid no attention to his comment and went back to treat his wound. She gently cleaned up his wound while she blew on it to relieve the stinging. As she was tending the head wound, Jungkook unconsciously watched her from the side. He watched her as her lips blew onto his wound and when she wasn't, her lips would be parted, concentrating on what she was doing. He even averted his eyes when he thought she was going to notice him staring and after a couple seconds, he would look back. Compared to the other girls that were assigned to seduce and kill him, she wasn't as pretty. Byul was on the average side, like many girls he encountered.

At first, he thought she was like the many agents that were set out to kill him. There was one girl he came to like before she was caught red handed one day with a weapon on her body. After that, he trusted no one but his brother-like friends. But after seeing her risk her life to help him, he was starting to think he was wrong about her. 

"Okay." He quickly looked away once again. Byul grabbed the gauze with distilled water and then held dry gauze over it before wrapping it around his head. She finished it off by taping the ends so it wouldn't become loose. "Done." She grabbed the dirty gauze to throw away but Jungkook grabbed her wrist to stop her. "Just leave it there. Wash your hands and rest for now. We're safe here." He let go and lied down on the bed, his head resting on his arm.

"Okay..." She headed over to the sink to wash her bloodied hands. Her white sleeves were also stained red so she ed her cuffs and tried washing that off too, but it wouldn't come off. No matter how hard she scrubbed, there was still a stain. Then, she looked at the mirror, now noticing the big area of blood on her abdomen and skirt and on her left shoulder where he was leaning on. Her eyes shook in fear and overwhelmed by the amount of blood on her, she rested her elbows on the side of the sink and held her head.

A thought ran across her head. If she had killed Jungkook then, would there have been more blood?

"Are you alright?" She lifted her head to see Jungkook right behind her, staring straight at her through the mirror. What surprised her were his eyes. He wasn't glaring at her. In fact, it looked like he was concerned.

"Yeah," she replied, straightening back up and turning off the faucet. "I'm fine."

"You're not hurt anywhere?" Surprised by his question, she turned around to face him. His eyes scanned her from head to toe and she stiffened, feeling self-conscious. "I'm fine," she repeated and he nodded. "I don't have another shirt here. Get into bed and cover yourself with the blanket. Don't think about it too much." He walked toward his bed and she followed, heading to the bed beside him. She lied down and covered herself with the white blanket, making sure none of the red stains showed. When she closed her eyes, all she could see was the image of him when he first stepped into the classroom. She couldn't bear see the image a second longer so she opened her eyes. She wasn't going to get any rest and she was sure he wasn't ether so she asked him a question. “Do you hate me?”

“No.”

“Do you like me?”

“No.”

“Then why do you hate me?”

Jungkook sat up and looked at her, pretty annoyed. “I don’t hate you.”

“Then why do you like me?” He groaned as he rolled his eyes and lied back down. He was now positive this girl was not at all the enemy. How can the enemy be so annoying? “Then why do you like me?” he asked. He turned his head and smirked. “I clearly remember you telling me to live so I can warm up to you. What was that about?”

Byul blinked in confusion. Then, she remembered what she said back when he was bleeding on her lap. She was scared and not in the right mind so she just blurted it out. She looked away to the ceiling feeling a blush rise on her cheeks. “You remember, don’t you?” he asked with a teasing tone in his voice. She shook her head. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I said no such thing. You’re just full of yourself.” What happened next made her whip her head towards him. Jeon Jungkook was laughing. It wasn’t anything sarcastic either. It was the first time she ever saw and heard him genuinely laugh and...it made her happy. She listened as a boyish laugh escaped his mouth and watched as he bared all his teeth and the corner of his eyes wrinkle as his lips smiled widely. She smiled along, knowing they would become closer from then on.

And closer they were. After that attack, he talked to her without scowling and that was the first. Rumors spread and she was suddenly on the hit list of many students who tried to get closer to the best, and most handsome, agent in the country. She was glared at and pushed around by students she had never met before. There were also several incidents where she was ganged up on and beaten. She tried her best to defend herself but she wasn’t the best fighter among those girls. It got bad to the point where she wasn’t able to attend classes because she was afraid that Jungkook would see her in that state. They were already at the point of being friends and she didn’t want him to see her in that useless state although there was no reason to care.

It would have been to her advantage if she let him see her that way to really test their friendship. What would he have done if he saw her with bruises and a black eye? Would he shrug and tell her it was her fault for getting involved with him or would he go berserk and find the girls who did that to her? She wished it was the latter. If it was the latter, that meant he cared for her like his other friends and the success of killing him was higher because a month after the attack, her mission changed. Her mission was to kill him.

She was lying on her bed staring at her mission when a knock came from the other side of her door. “Byul, open up. I know you’re in there.” Her eyes widened as she scrambled up from her bed to pull down the pictures on her wall and the note and threw them under her mattress. She ran to unlock the door to see an angry Jungkook. His frowned deepened when he saw the bruises on her face. She grabbed his arm and pulled him in, locking the door behind her. “Do you know where this is?” she questioned. “You’re not allowed to be in the girl’s dormitory!” she harshly whispered, afraid someone would hear them.

He scoffed. “Is that something you should be asking me? What happened to you?!”  She placed her finger against her lips and pushed him further into the room, away from the door. “You need to go,” she said, opening up the curtains. She was only on the second floor so he was able to jump down. Heck, he could even jump down from the fifth floor without injuring himself.

Jungkook grabbed both her shoulders and pulled her away from the window, making her sit down on her bed. He sat down beside her and grabbed her wrist when she was about to get up. “Fine. I won’t yell if you tell me what happened.” His eyes stared right into hers with such intensity that she had to look away. She tried to cover her face with her hair as much as she could but he had none of it. He reached out and lifted her chin up so they were face to face. “Jimin told me he overheard a group of girls talk about what they did yesterday behind the bleachers. Tell me, were you behind the bleachers? And don’t you dare lie to me. I can find out myself and that will be even worse than it coming out from you.”

Byul had no choice but to nod to his question. She knew he was very capable of finding that information on his own and to even get those girls to confess, it wouldn’t pretty at the slightest. She heard him sigh before he tucked her hair behind her ear. Panicking, she tried to pull his hand away, embarrassed to let him see her this way. “I want to see,” he said, his voice a lot gentler than before. “Please, let me see,” he changed his words. She sighed inwardly and slowly let go of his hand because she knew he wouldn’t leave until he got what he wanted. Gently, he brushed the hair away from her face and traced the cuts and bruises with his thumb. He tried to meet her eyes but she was looking everywhere but him. “Byul-“

“Let me ask you something,” she said, cutting him off and gently pulled his hands away from her face, placing them back on his lap. She was growing uneasy under his touch and his stare and had to ask. “It’s a question I asked you before. Jungkook…do you hate me?” This time their eyes locked. She wanted to honest truth from him. Depending on his answer, it would make her mission a lot easier. If he said yes, she would get her feelings sorted out and complete the mission. If not, she would leave the academy and probably even die after she runs away.

“…yes,” he replied. Byul looked away, disappointment filling her heart. “Oh. Then-“

“Ask me the other question,” he said and she looked at him with confusion. “Huh?” “The other one,” he repeated.

Understanding what he meant, she asked, “Do you like me?” He had answered ‘yes’ to her first question, so she didn’t expect anything.

“Yes.”

Her eyes widened. “B-but you said…”

“I did. I do hate you. I hate it how you make me feel this way. There was no one else I ever cared about apart from my parents and my brothers. That wasn’t until that day you wrapped your blazer around my head and carried me to safety. Honestly, at first I thought you were an enemy who was sent here to seduce me but after I saw you so afraid of the blood, I had second thoughts. Then, you started to affect me even more,” he continued, even when she open to say something, probably to tell him she wasn’t at the least afraid like she always did when he made fun of her weaknesses.

“I started to notice you. I noticed how you always bite your lip when you were unsure of something. I noticed how you always stare into space when you don’t listen to a lecture and how you’re always eating alone in the cafeteria. After that, I started to care about you. When you’re in deep thoughts, you always manage to trip over nothing and I always think you’re seriously going to get injured one day. And during judo lessons, you’re always the first to lose but you always manage to get bruises, which is something I have no idea why.” She looked away this time and chewed her bottom lip. She had no idea he noticed her that much. Now that he spoke to her about the times she was off guard, she realized she had many more weaknesses than to blood.

Suddenly, something warm pressed against her lips. Her eyes widened when she saw a big blur right in front of her. She felt him on her bottom lip, releasing it from the hold of her teeth and then her lip was suddenly in between not her teeth, but his. She thought she was able to pull away when he let go but his hand reached the nape of her neck and pulled her closer so he could have better access to her lips. He continuously abused her bottom lip by and nibbling it before he moved to her upper lip. Byul didn’t know how to react and was basically frozen. She was only able to squeeze her eyes shut when she felt his tongue touch hers. She tried to push his tongue back into his mouth but he thought of that as a challenge and deepened the kiss even further. He only pulled away when he ran out of breath and she was breathing hard, too. She hadn’t realized she was holding her air in.

“I like you, Byul,” he confessed, resting his forehead on hers. “I really do.”

Three months passed quickly. When it was clearly known that Byul was dating Jungkook, no one ever dared to touch her, afraid of the wrath from him and his friends. Everything was fine again. The school continued to assign missions to students; Byul succeeding most of them despite her low average. Jungkook and his friends were given harder missions and sometimes, they came back very injured but still in one piece. During those three months, kisses, tears, and a lot of bandage wrapping were shared among the two. Not every day was happy and blissful for them. Byul feared the days when he was sent out on missions and he feared the days she was sent on missions. Jungkook always managed to come back with some kind of injury but she on the other hand came back scratch free but that didn’t mean he didn’t worry.

One day, Byul was sent on a solo mission. It was a mission that needed her feminine charms. Although she wasn’t the most seductive student, she still had the best mission success rate. She didn’t tell her boyfriend for many reason because he would obviously refuse to let her go but in the end, he had heard of it from the grapevine. In her tight white mini dress, she was pressed up against the man she was supposed to seduce to get the information out of him. She managed to get him drunk and tipsy so the information would get to her quickly. The man was about to whisper it in her ear but then, someone had grabbed her wrist. Obviously pissed by the interruption, she pulled away from her target but when she noticed it was Jungkook himself, her eyes widened. He was still in his maroon school uniform, his hair gelled to perfection as always. She wasn’t even able to say anything when he pulled up from the bar stool and dragged her out of the club. When they were outside, she tried to explain to him what she was doing there but he never replied to her explanation and apology and continued to drive down the road.

When she thought nothing would go worse, he eyes widened when he pulled up on at the hotel she booked for plan B. If her target hadn’t given her the information she wanted, she was going to seduce him to the hotel, drug him and get it out forcibly. She didn’t expect him to know that much into her mission. She hadn’t even told the school what her second plan was, so how was he able to know? He parked right outside the hotel. “Get out,” was the first thing he said to her that night. She was about to get out but the valet had opened the door for her. She bowed in thanks and Jungkook gave him the keys before heading into the hotel. Flustered, she caught up to him. “Jungkook, this isn’t what it looks like. Let’s go back to the school.” He had none of it and entered the lobby where it was bustling with activity.

“What room?” he asked. “Jungkook—” “What room?” he repeated.

“…3005.” They approached the elevator in time before the doors closed. She was unable to say anything in the elevator with the amount of people around them. When they got off the elevator onto the third floor, she grabbed his arm and tried to explain herself once again. “Okay, I admit, booking this hotel was my idea. The school doesn’t know I’m doing this. They only know I might not be able to return for the night.” Then, he turned his head with a surprised expression. Seeing his expression, realized she might have said a bit too much. Right then, they arrived at her hotel room. Without even having an order from Jungkook, she reached into her clutch and pulled out her hotel card. She swiped the card on the door and entered first, the lights in the room already on. Before she could place the card back in her clutch, Jungkook grabbed her shoulders and pressed her against the door, closing it along the way. From the sudden pain on her back, she dropped her clutch and everything spilled out on the floor.

“Tell me the reason why you wouldn’t return the night,” he ordered, his dark eyes staring right into hers. She opened but nothing was coming out. She was so flustered by the situation that she wasn’t able to find the right words. “Shall I show you how I imagine it?” Without a warning, he pressed his lips against hers. Her breath hitched in the back of as he roughly kissed her. It was the first time ever kissed her so roughly. Sure, his kisses were passionate but they were also gentle, a total opposite of what he was doing and she thought it was y. Finally, and out of breath, he pulled away. “Is that what you were going to do?”

Byul straightened up and remained her seductive composure. She didn’t know where the sudden confidence was coming from. She guessed it was because she was still in her role of a seductress and because she might have have a couple glasses more of gin. “Almost,” she whispered. It was her turn to press him against the wall, which cause his eyes to widen. He was surprised to say the least. When he first kissed her, she didn’t know what she was doing and now that she had confidence oozing out of her, he was . This is what a secret agent is supposed to act if she was posted by him, he thought. “I would seduce him first.” She placed her hands on his chest, grabbing hold of the blazer’s collar and ran it down. Then, she looked at him and bit her lip, knowing that was the reason he kissed her the first time. He leaned down, about to capture her lips again but she pressed him back against the wall. With her stilettos on, she was able to lean towards ear and whispered, “Where is it?”

"I don't know what you're talking about," he smirked, playing along.

"Oh, you don't do you? Do I need to remind you what we were talking about back in the bar?" She kissed the area right below his ear and a shiver went down his spine. "How about now?"

"You've got to try harder." She slyly smiled, grabbing his tie and tugging him towards the bedroom. Then, she turned him around and pushed him towards the bed, making him trip on the edge. With a swing, she closed the bedroom door and asked, "Lights on or off?"

"Off," he answered. With his command, she switched the light off, the only source of light coming from the open curtains. Although he couldn't see clearly, he noticed she approached her with a sway of her hips every step. He was glad he found her before she was able to get any further with her target. Then, she straddled him and wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him close. Close enough so their noses were touching and close enough so they can feel each other's breath.

"You're sure you don't remember?" she asked and he nodded at the slightest. "After this, will you be able to remember?" With the slightest nod, it was her turn to capture his lips. This time, she took control and kissed him as much as her passion let her. She even pushed him down on the bed, trapping him between her body and the mattress so she could kiss him more deeply. The air was hot around them, and the breathing was heavy. She knew where this was getting them but she didn't realize how far they were going until Jungkook reached for the zipper behind her dress. She abruptly stopped and pulled away with wide eyes. There was no way she wanted to go that far with him. They were enemies!

She had told him false information about herself regarding her age, her surname, her hobbies, her likes and dislikes, her career and her whole purpose of being a student at the academy. She was able to mask her pretense but at that moment she regretted everything. She should have completed what she was sent out to do but it was too late.

Byul tried to get up but Jungkook tightened his hold around her. "We can't," she told him. "I'm drunk."

"You are," he agreed. "But I'm not. Byul, we've been dating for three months. There is nothing I don't know about you." She blinked and her eyes shook guiltily. "You're the first girl I've sincerely cared about. I would die to save you."

"No, you won't. Don't say it if you don't mean it," she warned.

"Listen to me. Three months may not be much to you, but it means a whole lot to me. I'm the kind of person who trusts barely anyone and for me to trust you so quickly mean so much. Byul, I like you a lot. Byul, I love you." Those three words are the exact words she wished for him to never say. She has failed her mission and is deeply in love with the one she was set out to kill because like him, she'd die to save him. "If you don't want to, please say it. This is your last chance Byul, because I won't stop." He leaned forward, kissing her lips. After a couple of seconds, she kissed back.

 

That was how they ended up beside each other in the early morning when Byul woke up. She pulled the duvet closer to her chin, covering her body as she continued to watch Jungkook sleep. She only remembered now that her mission was a complete failure and that her agency would either kill her or demote her, although she didn't know how low she could get. This was one of the easiest jobs a spy could do yet she wasn't able to do anything for five months. It was a surprise her bosses let it even continue on for that long.

Out of her own curiosity, she pretended she had the laser pointed she kept in her clutch that forgotten on the floor by the front door. She held it against his temple and placed her thumb on the trigger. She held her position for two seconds, five seconds, ten seconds. She wasn't able to do it. Then she held it against her own temple and closed her eyes.

Click.

Her hand went back under the duvet as she sighed. She was able to press the trigger on herself but not on him even when she only imagined it. Beside her, Jungkook shifted and turned towards her, wrapping his arm around her waist. He got comfy and nuzzled his head against the crook of her neck. "Awake?" he mumbled.

"Yeah. Go back to sleep," she told him, smoothing down his hair.

"You should, too," he yawned. She nodded and was about to drift to sleep when she heard something beep. She should have brushed it off as being a kitchen appliance but because she was trained to be aware of her surroundings, she jolted awake. "Jungkook, there's someone in here," she whispered, shaking him awake. His eyes shot open and got off the bed to his blazer on the floor where his gun was. He was a second too late when the door burst open, revealing two men in black suits with a gun on each.

"Drop it," one of them ordered, aiming the gun at him. He did was he was told and slowly dropped the gun, his eyes still on the unknown man.

"Great work Han Byul," the other man said. Both their eyes widened. "Han Byul?" Jungkook questioned, the name unfamiliar to him. "What are they talking about? Do you know who they are?"

"No, she doesn't," one of them answered. "But we do work in the same company. Her job was to seduce you and tell us everything about you so we can take you down. You are in fact a threat to us. We then changed her mission to kill you but we knew Byul never had the chance. We were just testing her but because she was taking way too long, we decided to show up. I see seducing you has worked though."

Jungkook looked at Byul who was still sitting on the bed. "Byul, tell me these guys are lying. You never had anything to do with them right? Right? Byul, please answer me." He pleaded her to tell him they were lying. He didn't want to believe them. He didn't want to believe the girl he cared so much for was his enemy.

She grabbed the bed sheet from underneath and wrapped it around her body before she approached the two men. She stood in between them and faced him. "Yes, that was my mission from the start. You were right all along. I was no ordinary girl." He closed his eyes, feeling a heavy weight on his shoulders and heart and she noticed. This was not how she imagined her confession would be. She thought she would be able to have a chance to tell him. "I had a mission and my mission was to find out everything about you. And it wasn't hard. Finding information is my specialty."

"How could you? I-I thought we...I thought we had something."

"Something? And what is that? At first when I got friendlier with you, I was being bullied by people I never even met, and those who were younger than me! I endured everything because that way I would gain pity and trust by keeping it a secret. I knew you were eventually going to find out and it worked because you confessed and your friends were starting to like me. Everything after that was unplanned. I admit, you did get to me at times but I still had my mission and that mission is to kill you."

By now, he was fuming with anger. Everything they had together, everything they smiled about, every kiss they shared were all based on lies. "How could you do this to me?!" He got up but was quickly shot down by one of the men on the leg. He groaned in pain but still kept an eye for her. "You're not even flinching," he noticed.

"Maybe my fear of blood was a lie also," she shrugged carelessly, keeping up her act. She held out her hand. "Give me the gun. I'll do it."

"With pleasure." The man handed her the gun. She pulled the safety trigger and aimed it at Jungkook. "Any last words?" she asked.

"...yeah. you." She switched her target to the other man holding the gun, shooting him in the head, and then Jungkook grabbed his gun and shot the other man in the head, both of them falling down lifeless. Byul breathed heavily, tears now falling down her cheeks. There was blood all over her face and the white bedsheets she used to cover her body and now there were two pools of blood around her feet and two dead bodies. She faced Jungkook who was clutching his leg. "Jungkook..." He looked at her for a second before looking away. Her heart broke, knowing he would never treat her the same again. "Hurry up and put your clothes back on. We need to leave before someone comes up." He was already putting his pants on despite his leg injury.

Byul bit her lip and pulled the safety trigger. Jungkook froze and turned around. She raised the gun right to her temple. He raised his hand out to stop her. "Byul? What do you think you're doing?"

She shook her head as tears continuously escaped her eyes. "I betrayed you, Jungkook. I won't be able to face you anymore."

"Byul, put down the gun and talk. You don't want to do something you'll regret."

"I regret ever being posted beside you. How was I supposed to know you'd affect me this much? How was I supposed to know I was going to fall in love with you? Now that you know everything, there's no way you'll ever look at me the same anymore."

"I am not someone you can kill yourself over!"

"Yes you are! I have no friends, I have no family, I have no one! I can't go back to school, nor can I go back to my job. They'll kill me anyway, so what's the point in living?"

"Byul, please, put down the gun. We can talk about it more when we escape. Now is not the good time."

"I love you." She closed her eyes and pressed the gun closer to her head. His eyes widened and rushed towards her. "Byul!"

Bang.