18. His Friends

Happiness in the Wind (바람에 행복)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyB1tzK8_VM

 

L’s friends came for a visit in his house, Sungyu, Dongwoo, Hoya, Woohyun, Sungyeol and Sungjong. Mr. Kim greeted them and smiled at the boys before he left them for work. Mrs. Lee introduced herself and they all greeted her politely. They were a ruckus and L. Joe came down and saw the boys. “What the hell are you doing in my house?!” he shouted the boys.

Hoya grinded his teeth and glared at him. Before they could answered back, Mrs. Lee came in time and introduced them “Oh, you’re up. Could you get your brother, he has visitors” his mom smiled. L. Joe ignored her and went straight to the kitchen. “L. Joe!” she hissed him but he still ignored her.

She apologized to the boys and went upstairs to get L. She knocked and opened the door slowly, peeking if L was awake “L, you have visitors-” L smiled a little and walked pass her. “Yeah, I heard them. Thank you” he politely answered.

He step down the stairs and Sungyeol and Woohyun ran to him and hugged him “L!” Sungyeol shouted. “How have you been dongsaeng?” Hoya ruffled his hair. L hissed him and removed Hoya’s hands away from his hair. “Why are you here? I thought you all wanted to be on the big screen?” L asked.

“Why? Didn’t you miss us?” Sunggyu made a face. “Yeah, and we realized leaving you behind is wrong” Woohyun grabbed L for another hug but L quickly avoided it and Woohyun stumbled to the stair carpet. “Ya!” Woohyun raised hi voice and the all laughed, even L smiled a little.

L. Joe walked pass the group of boys and purposely slapped L’s head when he stretched. “Ya! You!” Hoya was about to punch the sense out of him but L held him back. “Don’t hyung” he hissed him

Hoya bit his lips and turned to the living room “I can’t believe you tolerate those kinds of acts! And he’s a year younger than you?! F-ing life as an older brother of a load of a dongsa-” Hoya stopped when he saw Mrs. Lee looking at him. ** they all thought, before glaring at Hoya.

Mrs. Lee smiled and pretended like nothing happened “Breakfast is ready boys”

They all froze but L stood up and went to the kitchen. They all followed him to the dining table. Hoya couldn’t meet Mrs. Lee’s eyes *I should’ve kept my mouth shut* he thought as he ate the breakfast with guilt

“I’m sorry about my son..” Mrs. Lee spoke. The boys looked up and shook their heads “No, it’s okay Mrs. Lee. Excuse us for Hoya’s behavior” Sunggyu apologized. Mrs. Lee nodded and the atmosphere lightened, though the heaviness still lingered throughout the meal.

Soon, they were back to their wild selves after they left the house.

“Let’s go to your school hyung!” Sungjong suggested. Everyone nodded their heads “Yeah, I want to go back to that old school!” Woohyun smiled. L shrugged “There’s no classes today”

Sunggyu waved his hand “It’s okay, we’ll just take a look”

L sighed in defeat and agreed with them

After a few minutes he boys with their motorbikes, they arrived in Seoul Arts High. They stood in front of the big grey gates that prevented them from coming in.

Dongwoo shook his head “Still hasn’t changed”

L whistled and turned to walk away “You’ve seen it right, now let’s go”

They all followed L and hoped to their motorcycles.