|| Final ||

When The Sun And Moon Meet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/N: I was working with four hours of sleeping trying to edit this last night  so please excuse any typos>_<

“Princess Yongsun, I d-don’t think this is such a good idea…” Nervously, Wheein her lips; her eyes darting around the room manically. The guilt coursing through her veins transpired blatantly into her expression.

Evidently Wheein didn’t deal well with concealing her guilt, which was a fitting reason –according to Yongsun’s parents- as to why she should be their daughter’s assistant. Not to mention the fact they were cousins and so, their faith in Wheein was solidly unquestionable.

They’ll know she’s gone and I’m going to be so screwed!

“Wheein,” The said ‘Princess Yongsun’ looked up from tying the laces on her –very worn out- converses “You’re overreacting, chillax.”

“C-Chillax?” her cousin squeaked “How can I relax when I’m letting the Princess escape?! The King and Queen are going to decapitate me when they find out!” Yongsun let out an unattractive snort, shaking her head amusedly. “Why are you talking as though we live in some sort of medieval era? This is 2016, the worse they can do is have you hanged.”

Upon hearing this, Wheein was certain she was about two seconds away from passing out. It gave Yongsun quite a kick to see how guliible her cousin continuously proved to be. “Besides,” the princess continued (trying her hardest to muffle her laughter at Wheein's naivety), “Night time is the only time I get to go out and be myself and do fun things.”

“Fun things?!” Wheein parroted exasperatedly. “Your idea of ‘fun’ is skateboarding around abandoned warehouses and seeing how many hotdogs you can eat before you throw up. Neither of which are ladylike or safe.”

Yongsun rolled her eyes and mumbled incoherently under her breath. It , but despite being twenty-two her parents still thought it best to treat her as if she were a delicate child that needed to be shielded against the monstrosities that poisoned the world.

Perhaps she was still inexperienced, but how was she supposed to grow as a person if they didn’t let her do things that were a little out of her comfort zone?

Since her parents’ suffocating bubble of protection had become insufferable, Yongsun resorted to going out late at night. Firstly: it meant she was free from the watchful eyes of any bodyguards who’d diligently stop her from doing anything remotely reckless. Secondly: the night time was best for keeping her identity under wraps. No-one ever suspected the Princess of South Korea to be roaming the streets late at night stuffing her face with hotdogs.

Her getups for her sneaky escapades weren’t all too telling either; who would have thought the princess would own ripped jeans, a grey hoodie, a baseball cap and red converses?  

“Cover for me okay? I’ll be back by eleven.”

“E-ELEVEN? YAH! YONGSUN,” Wheein was a patient girl, but having to deal with such a rebellious cousin got to her at the best of times. “You’re pushing it too far, the gates close at eleven-thirty, what happens if you’re not back in time huh? How will you sneak back in?”

Yongsun used one hand to fix the baseball cap she wore into place, whilst her other hand was waved dismissively at Wheein’s hypothetical scenario. “There’s no way that’s going to happen. Trust me, I always make it back in time before the gates close.”

Rubbing her fingers against the temple of her forehead in a bid to soothe herself, Wheein took a moment to breathe in and out. Anyone would wonder why on earth she was helping her cousin get away with such rebellious behaviour. The answer was simple really, it didn’t seem fair to Wheein that the King and Queen stopped Yongsun living like a normal girl in this modern day and age. Despite having traces of royalty in her blood too, Wheein was nowhere near as obstructed from living as other girls do. On the other hand, the princess was yet to make best friends, yet to have girly sleepovers and was sadly yet to have her first love.

With no freedom, how could she?

“Just go,” A feigned scowl from her cousin left Yongsun grinning cheekily. “Thanks Wheein, you’re the best.” The princess flung her arms around Wheein, hugging her tightly. The latter hugged back, failing miserably to contain her smile as she watched Yongsun disappear giddily into the night-time.

 

 

♦♦♦♦♦

 

 

These hotdogs are freakin delicious, I don’t care what Wheein says. Granted, hotdogs were very sloppy and not exactly the most elegant of foods to eat, but what did that matter when it was heaven in a bun?

Yongsun relished eating junk food; her princess status dictated that she was forbidden to eat anything that was not made by the culinary masterminds of the world. It shouldn’t be thought for a second that Yongsun was a spoilt brat who undermined the benefits of being royalty. By no means did she take for granted the spectacular lifestyle she was born into…It was just that she was sad she didn’t get to experience the little perks of life that she so often heard Wheein excitedly talk about whenever they saw each other.

As per usual whenever Yongsun decided to roam the streets of Seoul at this hour, her appreciation for the beautiful city was always in abundance. She tried her utmost to ingrain the hustle and bustle of the nightlife which never ceased to amaze her. On this particular occasion, she couldn’t help but note how empty one of the roads she’d walked down was. There was an eerie yet beautiful serenity about the lack of life occupying this road, which meant Yongsun paid no attention to the slight wariness in the back of her mind telling her to make a detour onto a busier road.

As she continued on her way, what caught her eye was the sight of a figure crouching on the floor with a ragged blanket over them. Instinctively, Yongsun walked towards the person and hesitatingly cleared . “H-Hello? Are you okay?”

It alarmed the princess that the figure didn’t even budge in the slightest for a good minute or so. Just as she was about to open to repeat her question, she was startled to see the person suddenly jump up. Induced into shock, Yongsun didn’t even have time to register that the figure revealed himself to be a man who held a delirious glint in his eye.

“Oh honey, don’t you know it’s dangerous for a pretty little thing like you to be walking so late at night?” Like a predator with its prey, the man circled around the princess. In his hand he played leisurely with a pen knife; flicking it in and out.

I don’t think he knows who I am. Even with the severity of the situation, Yongsun was just glad to know that this lunatic didn’t recognise her. It struck the man as slightly bizarre that the girl before him showed no qualms about what could possibly happen to her in the next minute or so.

Instead she stood perfectly still with a very neutral expression.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be gentle.” The vile man cooed mockingly, willing to inflame some sort of distressed reaction.

Indeed he succeeded in provoking the princess….

“If you want to live I suggest you put that knife down and kick it to the side.”

“You have some nerve,” The man scoffed “I could rip your throat out at any given second and you think you’re in a position to tell me what to do?!” Enraged, the crazy man brought the tip of his knife to Yongsun’s throat. The pressure he applied wasn’t enough to pierce her skin but was enough to prove she was at his mercy.

Yongsun sighed quietly. I just wanted a fun night out, now it looks like it’s about to get messy.

Just because she was a princess did not mean she was automatically a damsel in distress. In fact, being a princess meant Yongsun had to learn self-defence in case of situations like this.

Within a split second Yongsun grabbed the man’s wrist, twisting it to the side before using her other hand to jab him in the gut. He doubled over in pain; the knife falling away from his grasp in the process.

“I’m gonna give you one minute to walk away and we can pretend that this never happened.” The princess stood over him; an uncompromising demeanour radiating from her.

“Oh darling,” The man chuckled darkly as he stood up slowly “I wouldn’t get so cocky if I were you.”

With gritted teeth the princess shot him her most malicious glare. She didn’t want to let on that she was starting to feel uncomfortable at how confidence was starting to brim in this lunatic’s eyes.

“Look around sweetheart, it’s three against one.”

Having been so occupied with the man in front of her, Yongsun had failed to notice the two burly figures that had been lingering quietly in the darkness nearby. ! This is bad. Yongsun knew the best chance of her getting out of this situation unharmed was to run as fast as she could. She was smaller and lighter than all three of these men, which meant she had the upper hand in terms of speed.

Nevertheless, her parents had always taught her to stand her ground and fight her battles. Although this was probably not the scenario they had in mind when they had given her that advice.

“Do you think that scares me?” Yongsun bravely rebutted. “You’re just three pathetic men who attack innocent women at night, if anything I feel sorry for you guys.” The princess could see she was riling the three men up, their faces contorted with anger whilst their fists were clenched tightly.

“You little bitc—”

“Hey. What do you guys think you’re doing?” The men had been moments away from lunging at Yongsun when an intruding voice stopped them in their tracks.

The princess, the deranged man and his two accomplices looked up to see a woman on her bike staring openly at them. “I said, what the hell do you think you guys are doing?”  

“Run along lady, this doesn’t concern you.” One of the accomplices spat.

“Well I’m making it my concern.” The stranger retaliated. “Why don’t you just leave her alone and pick on someone as ugly as yourselves? Oh wait, even ugly people wouldn’t give you s the time of day.”

What the hell is she doing?! Yongsun had been trying to signal with her eyes for the mysterious woman to be on her way. The less people involved the easier it would be to cover up this whole instance and pretend it never happened. However it didn’t seem like this lady was in any hurry to leave the situation alone.

“It’s not a fair fight.” Carefully putting down her bike, the woman seemed as calm as could be. Using the moment of distraction, she roundhouse kicked the closest goon. Her shoe fluidly connected with his head sending him crashing onto the ground in temporary pain. She brought her foot down against his skull and rendered him unconscious. “Now it’s a fair fight.” She grinned crookedly immediately standing so she was back to back with Yongsun.

“You didn’t need to do that.” Yongsun distractedly spoke whilst her knee launched upwards. She watched as the impact of her knee against one of the two remaining goon’s crotch meant he gasped in pain.

“Meh, I don’t l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter