jellies and ice-cream

jellies and ice-cream

Seunghyun sleeps like the dead – unmoving, completely unaware of the things around him. Anyone who sleeps with him knows this. Even Seunghyun’s secretary knows this. (She has to call Jiyong to wake up Seunghyun or pass on a message because Seunghyun barely reads his phone messages and she doesn’t want her boss to miss any important appointments.)

It always takes him a while before he rouses from his sleep, sometimes tons of kisses, pinches or rapid jabs in the ribs. But a loud crash from the kitchen manages to wake him up at ungodly hour.

He almost curls into his blanket and goes back to sleep but even in his half-sleep state his priority is still Jiyong. He knows it’s probably Jiyong since the other is not in bed next to him and not clinging onto him like his entire life depended on it. And soon enough several scenarios start flashing in his head. What if Jiyong has accidentally cut his finger? What if spilled some milk on the floor and slipped? What if he stuck his hand in the cookie jar again? With an utterly horrified mind and state, he hurriedly gets up from bed and makes his way to the kitchen to check in fear of his rather clumsy yet adorable husband.

Seunghyun trudges outside in just a pair of his Adventure Time boxers, very much thankful that he doesn’t have work tomorrow. He spots Jiyong as soon as he reaches the doorway. He is sitting on the middle of the kitchen floor, wearing a shirt too big for his lithe frame that it is falling off one of his shoulder, probably Seunghyun’s shirt again, and is surrounded with what Seunghyun assumes as jelly and shattered glasses. But what catches his attention and worries his more is not the fact that there is a huge mess on the kitchen floor but his usually bright and adorable husband is sobbing uncontrollably, his face stained with tears and snot, while clutching a spoon in one hand and the other pointing at the jelly in front of him.

“Ji..” Seunghyun softly calls out as he rubs off the sleep from his eyes.

Jiyong looks up and Seunghyun’s heart breaks. “I- I just-“ he sniffles as he breaks into more tears, “wanted some jelly. I was trying to wake you up but you were sleep- sleeping so I-“ the younger man wipes his own tears and hiccups, “I went and tried to eat some but the jar is too heavy so slippery so I dropped it by accident and I swear I did not mean to do it!”

Jiyong’s crying becomes more excessive and it’s ridiculous how Seunghyun is so whipped and so willing to do anything just to make his husband stop crying. So he steps closer and literally scoops his crying husband and said crying husband immediately latches on him, automatically wrapping all his limbs around his larger husband.

“I’m so sorry Hyunnie.” Jiyong hiccups against Seunghyun’s neck and the latter tries to ignore how the younger’s lips tremble against his skin.

“It’s okay, I’m sorry too for not waking up earlier.” Seunghyun tries to sound very sorry and soft while he rubs a hand down Jiyong’s back to comfort him. He plops his still crying husband on top of the counter and carefully checked for any sort of injuries.

“H-hyunnie..” Jiyong coos. He has stopped crying. His eyes red and puffy and cheeks stained with tears; his lips still trembling and slightly pouting. “I really didn’t mean to make a mess. I was just so hungry and the baby wanted some jellies.”

“You have nothing to apologize for, silly. Now let me see that cute face of yours.” Seunghyun smiles and cups Jiyong’s face in his hand, smiling from ear to ear because how the hell does Jiyong manage to look this cuddly and endearing even after crying that much? He wipes away the tear stains on Jiyong’s soft cheeks and rubbed gentle circles over it with his thumbs until Jiyong’s eyes flutter close and hums.

The small silence brings so much comfort to both of them but soon enough Jiyong’s eyebrows start furrowing and his lips forming a pout.

“How am I going to be a good father if I can’t even feed myself some jelly without dropping the jar and making a huge mess and waking you up from your needed sleep!” Jiyong sighs heavily and points at the mess on the floor then looks back at Seunghyun pitifully. “I’ll never be good eno-“

“Jiyong.” Seunghyun calls out and squishes Jiyong’s cheeks until his lips are pushed into a pout. Jiyong wants to pull away and wallow in self pity but Seunghyun is quicker and kisses the younger’s pouting lips. The action immediately stops Jiyong from fighting. “You are going to be a great father. You’ve read enough books and magazines, watched numerous videos on YouTube, attended a couple of seminars about good parenting and not to mention, you’ve been doing a great job watching over my nephew. You cook meals for him, bathe him, read him books, and convince him that nap times are important. All that while you’re heavily pregnant.” Seunghyun stares at Jiyong as he waits for the other’s reaction, keeping his hold on Jiyong’s face despite his palms getting wet and sticky from the new set of tears rolling down his husband’s cheeks. It doesn’t take long before Jiyong finally nods and smiles through his crying face. Seunghyun releases his hold on Jiyong’s face and soon has arms wrapped around his neck.

“You’re the best, Hyunnie.” Jiyong smiles against Seunghyun’s skin and pulls back to look at his dear husband again.

“Not quite. Why don’t we have ice-cream?”

“Ice-cream? At this hour?”

“Why not? Doesn’t the baby want ice-cream? And didn’t you tell me there is no such thing as right time when it comes to eating ice-cream?” Seunghyun tilts his head and raises his eyebrow. Jiyong just giggles and nods in response. That’s all Seunghyun needs, for Jiyong to shine again because there is nothing better than seeing Jiyong all smiley and happy again.

Seunghyun cleans up the mess on the floor while Jiyong enjoys his ice-cream, his legs dangling off the edge of the counter. He really doesn’t mind wiping the floor in just his boxers because he is too whipped to not do things for Jiyong.

Jiyong makes another mess, which isn’t a surprise for Seunghyun considering how Jiyong likes to eat his ice-cream messily. So Seunghyun grabs some napkin and wipes away all the smeared ice cream on Jiyong’s face and some on the counter.

“Hyunnie!” Jiyong squeaks and holds Seunghyun’s face in his small and ice-cream filled hands. He is too surprised to move that Jiyong has time to hop off the counter and rush out of the kitchen.

“Jiyong! Come back here!” Seunghyun sprints after his shrieking husband.

Jiyong suddenly stops and holds on to his tummy, he is 3 months pregnant now and his baby bump is starting to show. “Stop- please- Hyunnie- wait! Please!” Jiyong begs but laughter slips between his words. Seunghyun doesn’t show any mercy and carefully carries his husband, hands supporting Jiyong’s thighs around him, and goes to sit on the couch with Jiyong straddling him still. He takes a hold of both Jiyong’s hands behind him and Jiyong tries to struggle away but Seunghyun only shakes his head. “You’re being so mean right now, Seunghyun Choi. I’m going to tell our bab-“

Seunghyun suddenly Jiyong’s lips causing the younger to freeze on spot. “Hey!”

Seunghyun answers with a laughter and leans forward to wipe the sticky substance off his face on the front of Jiyong’s shirt. “Ew! Hyunnie!”

“You started it.” Seunghyun grins at him and Jiyong tries to look angry but he can never be angry, some say he is too nice to hold a grudge on people or he is equally whipped as Seunghyun is.

Seunghyun releases his hold on Jiyong’s hands and wraps his arms around Jiyong’s waist instead then pulls him closer. Jiyong reciprocates the action by looping his own arms around Seunghyun’s neck. A peaceful silence settles between them as they both revel in the moment; feeling each other’s warmth at 4AM, making up for the lost cuddling time the entire week because work got in their way.

“Thank you so much Hyunnie.” Jiyong is the first to break the silence. His eyes sparkling as he looks down at Seunghyun, and his bottom lip caught between his teeth.

Jiyong looks so breathtaking like this, glowing like the star in the middle of the dark sky. Seunghyun tugs on the side of Jiyong’s shirt (the shirt is Seunghyun’s but Jiyong claims it as his) and starts nipping on Jiyong’s shoulder. He trails kisses up to the side of Jiyong’s neck and Jiyong inhales sharply at Seunghyun’s actions. “You know I’d do anything for you.”

“I know. I can’t even imagine how I would be without you.” Jiyong smiles and leans in to press their foreheads together, his hands sliding up to Seunghyun’s head until his fingers are threading through the older’s hair.

“You don’t have to. I’m here to stay with you forever.” Seunghyun slips his hands under Jiyong’s shirt and the other starts breathing unevenly again.

“Is that a promise? Forever is a very long time you know.”

“As long as I am spending my forever with you, I honestly don’t mind.”

Jiyong feels his tears coming out again so he closes the distance between him and Seunghyun and presses their lips together. The kiss is pure and gentle. The type of kiss that one can feel through his entire being, the type of kiss that can make one’s bones weak and the type of kiss that can make even the hardest material on the planet, a diamond, melt in an instant. It’s exhilarating, perfect in all ways possible. Seunghyun a sensitive area on Jiyong’s back and the younger shivers in his arms. Jiyong is the first to pull away and in the most unceremonious way, his hips buck against his older husband’s. He can feel his cheeks burn from embarrassment and he hurriedly tries to get away but Seunghyun only tightens his hold around Jiyong’s frame.

“Bedroom?”

“Please. Bedroom.”