Moment: Sleep

Moments
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was a long day.

 

Alden’s schedule has been packed to the brim and it’s already one in the morning when he can finally go home. He wanted to sleep along the way so as to quickly regained strength for the next hours…in which he will be having another busy schedule, but he can feel that his body is either too tired or restless that sleep won’t come.

 

He simply lean his head and body at the sit and stared outside the car window as they past the city lights. He sighs and closes his eyes, hoping that sleep would come immediately. He doesn’t want to think of anything while resting...he just want a minute...or seconds…where all is blank on his mind…no schedules…no script to read…no lyrics and melody to memories…no instructions to mind…he just want a complete blankness…just to rest his mind…but he knows it’s almost impossible to achieve unless he is asleep.

 

Whenever he closes his eyes these days, he always saw her face…it was as if his mind has been programmed to see her in his blackness. As if it wasn’t enough that he saw her on screen every day, even on his brain she is his Top Star. With this thought, he can’t help but smile for a second despite being tired and restless.

 

 

 

This made Mama Ten, which was sitting beside him, turn and looked. Mama Ten saw the short smile that has quickly faded into a small frown. He pat Alden’s thigh which made the latter look at his handler in surprise.

 

“Are you feeling okay?” Mama Ten asked in worried tone.

 

Alden stared at his handler for a few seconds before answering with a tired smile, “Just exhausted”

 

Mama Ten nodded in understanding. “Okay, sleep on the way and I’ll just wake you up when we arrive at the house”

 

“I’ll try, but I feel like I’m too restless to even sleep, Ma…”

 

“Then, why did you smile awhile ago?” Mama Ten can’t help but wondered.

 

Alden answered him with a timid smile but still his deep dimples is showing, “I just remembered something”

 

“Remembered something…or someone?” Mama Ten teases.

 

“You know who…Of course, it’s someone” Alden said, his lazy tired eyes just stare back at Mama Ten while he shrugged his shoulder….as if his body was already telling the latter that he can’t help the impulse to remember.

 

Mama Ten nodded and just taps his face slightly then turns to the car window as he said, “You have to sleep… be well rested. Take a nap here, okay”

 

Alden nodded in answer even though Mama Ten was not looking anymore. He closes his eyes again. Still no sleep is present…just his wondering mind.

 

I am happy with all the fame and adoration. I am truly grateful to all the people that had help and made me to who I am today. I always, always remind myself how truly thankful I am of this opportunity…but above all I am thankful of your existence. A simple word seems not enough to say it…a warm hug is all I could do…but sometimes I feel that it’s still not enough. That’s why I always asked, “Are you happy with what’s happening to us?” In the back of my mind, I feel that I am may not be worthy of you….and So I pray, that God give me courage and guide me…so that I can show you how much you mean to me.

 

 

With this on his mind, he did not notice when the car has stopped somewhere and the car door opened. He stirred on his sit when he smells someone’s perfume has entered the car. It couldn’t be. Am I finally be dreaming? With a jolt he turned his head on th

Please log in to read the full chapter