Fanmeet

Produce 101/I.O.I. Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fanmeet

Daegu Theatre

Soyeon

 

I don’t really know how I got into this situation but the best answer was this…Suhyun and Eunwoo. Those two were the craziest people I’ve ever met and they were also incredibly evil.

 

“Oh my god, I can see the edge of Chungha’s hair.” Suhyun fangirled next to me.

 

Ugh, how did I end up at a fanmeet for IOI? Well Suhyun and Eunwoo are huge fans and somehow managed to get four tickets. A normal person would have just sold the extra two but the girls tricked Stone Nayoung and I into going because they bet Juna they could.

 

Yeah..I didn’t get it either.

 

Speaking of Nayoung, Stone Buddha stoically side-stepped away from a particularly sweaty fan next to us in line and gave Eunwoo the dirtiest look her emotionless self could manage.

 

I sighed, “If there is a god, they’ll stop greeting fans before we get there.”

 

“Why are you being so grumpy, Soyeon?” Suhyun shook me excitedly. “You’ll be meeting ten goddesses.”

 

IOI was great and all but they weren’t. Idols were overrated corporate machines and there was nothing I hated more than fakeness.

 

I brushed Suhyun off, “You call them ten goddesses, I call them ten random girls I couldn’t care less about.”

 

“Ugh, I bet she won’t even appreciate the main goddess Somi.” Eunwoo gave me a dirty look. “Why did we bring you here?”

 

I shot back, “That’s what I’m saying, Nayoung back me up.”

 

“This is not fun.” Nayoung said with no inflection in her voice.

 

Why of all people did Nayoung have to be my back-up?

 

Eunwoo jumped happily in place, “There’s only one more person in line guys!”

 

Wait, when did we get to the front?

 

“Oh god, they’re so close.” Suhyun began to hyperventilate.

 

I rolled my eyes, “I hate you.”

 

“Thanks boo.” she ruffled my hair.

 

I glared and stepped sideways.

 

Someone announced, “After these four fans we will be moving on to a talk segment.”

 

“The last people always get the most time with the idols!” Eunwoo grinned.

 

Of course we were those last people.

 

Eunwoo walked up the stairs first to get on the stage and I laughed as she began to scream loudly at the sight of the first girl Chungha? Oh wait, there were little placards in front of them. It looked like a fan had made them.

 

After Eunwoo was Suhyun and she seemed to be freaking out even more. Nayoung quietly walked up and I watched in amusement as she with her usual emotionless expression went down the line, barely saying a greeting to each member.

 

“Your turn.” an event coordinator smiled at me.

 

I awkwardly reciprocated and walked up the steps. Going with Nayoung’s approach I quickly shook hands and moved down the line. Interestingly, Nayoung was actually talking to the last girl at the table Pinky.

 

The problem with that was she was blocking my escape so I was stuck in front of a girl named Somi.

 

“You don’t want anything signed?” she asked politely.

 

I shook my head, “No, I’m okay.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

I was surprised when the girl smiled at me and I found myself staring at her. I might not like idols but I had to admit she was really pretty. Her mixed look made her look unique and along with her bright energy, it was just kind of hard to look away.

 

Ugh why wasn’t Nayoung moving I needed to get out of here?

 

She read the paper I filled out, “So your name is Soyeon.”

 

“Yeah.” I awkwardly put my hands in my pockets.

 

She asked, “What brings you here? It doesn’t really seem like you’re much of a fan.”

 

“My friends forced me.” I answered bluntly.

 

Somi laughed and I found myself staring again.

 

Seriously, why was this girl so pretty?

 

She grabbed a blank piece of paper, “Well because you don’t want anything signed, I’ll draw you a portrait.”

 

“What?” I said with confusion.

 

She grinned, “I can’t let you leave with nothing!”

 

I watched as she covered the paper with her arm as she sketched and occasionally glanced at me.

 

“The hair here, the bangs swept…and it’s done.” she handed me the portrait.

 

I stared blankly at the err messy picture of me.

 

She looked up at me with her puppy eyes, “Do you like it.”

 

“Yeah.” I answered hesitantly. “It’s great.”

 

The half-Korean girl folded the paper and handed it to me, “Next time, I’ll draw you something even better.”

 

“Yeah…next time.” I coughed.

 

She grinned, “You’ll come to the next fanmeet, right?”

 

“Of course.”

 

Well, I had officially lost control of my mouth.

 

Seoul Arts HS

 

I stared out the window, waiting for class to start.

 

Eunwoo jumped on my desk, “What’s up class president?”

 

“Nothing.” I took out a headphone.

 

Suhyun sat on my lap, “What are you listening to?”

 

I didn’t have time to react before Suhyun grabbed my phone and swiped it open.

 

She oohed, “Do my eyes deceive me or is this a playlist of IOI’s songs?”

 

“And a picture of Somi as your home screen?” Eunwoo practically screamed.

My friends had a lot of good traits but subtlety wasn’t one of them, also they had no idea what the word privacy meant.

 

I took a deep breath, “I don’t even know how that picture got on my screen.”

 

“I don’t know, maybe it’s because you love her.” Eunwoo said with faux calmness. “No big deal.”

 

A second passed.

 

“WHEN DID THIS START?” she screamed.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter