black hearts and blurred memories

Black Hearts And Blurred Memories

jeon jungkook was quiet yet outgoing, shy yet radiating, timid yet playful. he was a bright and polite boy who when encouraged enough could do extremely well. he pulled out this innocent and warm aura that everyone seemed to embrace. there was not one single person who would deny him, because then it would have been like kicking a helpless little puppy, and everyone would hate you for it. he was that little charm that had everyone's heart pounding to just reach out for and protect wholeheartedly. and although everyone seemed to know jungkook inside and out, they had all thought wrong. 

because jeon jungkook had a bit of a mad side.

in the back recess of his mind, jungkook knew his morals. the rights and the wrongs, the do's and the don'ts. his mother had taught him well when he was little, even with the bad environment he had been brought up in, his mother had always told him to smile and be kind, because what use was with such a handsome face if your heart wasn't kind and as handsome as well.

little jungkook has always chuckled at that and always replied with, "daddy says i was lucky to have this face." and although his mother's face paled at that, even as she held him in her arms and tightened her hold on him, his young mind failed to wrap around the distraught his family held.

and even when his father had come home drunk one late night and had beat his mother to death right in front of him, he still couldn't decipher it as his eyebrows joined together in confusion. even after his little legs ran to his mother's side and little pale hands grabbing at the hem of her shirt, shaking her awake from the eternal sleep she had finally succumbed to.

he would follow everyone around, feeling slightly lost, thoughts empty and often blank, and eyes shining, eager to do something. he would follow everyone, someone, around and obey dutifully. it was what father had taught him after mother had slept. obeying was good, father had said. obeying could help you not get hurt, he had added.

but sometimes, obeying was tiring. and sometimes, jungkook has had enough of obeying and in that short span of time before he goes back to being a pet again, he rebels. not big and extravagant enough to catch attention, but only doing the miniscule things. like for example, cutting open his neighbor's favorite fat cat. 

 

 

in the back recess of his mind, jungkook knew his morals.

but he couldn't help it sometimes. he couldn't help it when he often gets confused of what was right and what was wrong. it all gets blurry through hazy memories and unstable thoughts. and sometimes, he didn't even care. sometimes, his wrong doings even made his heart clench with sick happiness. he couldn't help how his hands excitedly trembled at the sight of blood, at the sight of something or someone curled up in pain. and the sound of pain, oh god, the sound of pain always made it seem like there was an orchestra playing.

somehow, it soothed him.

 

 

jungkook always got attached so easily to people. he didn't know why, but he just did. maybe it was the trauma from his mother. or even his father. he honestly didn't know.

so when the new transferee kim taehyung had bounced up on his side and introduced himself with all-smiles and warm gestures, jungkook instantly knew he wasn't going to let kim taehyung go so easily.

 

 

taehyung had only one thing to do, and that was to stay by is side, even after all of the people that tail him and always gave him heart-warming compliments, it wasn't the same with taehyung. taehyung's square smiles had always brightened his day, like his smile did for other people. taehyung's playful jabs and teasing and just simple words had always wedged a little bit of happiness in his heart. it warmed him from inside out.

taehyung.

taehyung.

taehyung.

taehyung had only one thing to do, and that was to stay by his side. yet his mind couldn't wrap around why after a year of being close friends, a year of sweet jokes and non-stop talking, a year of even feeling that they were somthing; he couldn't understand why one rainy day, taehyung had someone in his arms, pulled tight into his embrace, the lips that was supposed to be his on another's.

 

 

at first, jungkook felt nothing. he had returned to his daily routine, never telling taehyung of what he had seen on that depressing day. he was still the bright, polite boy whom everyone favored, and taehyung was still the playful and teasing companion and partner that he had been to jungkook. they were still the best of friends, the crazy and unstoppable duo that everyone knew.

but when taehyung had finally introduced her to jungkook, he felt himself crack. a huge part of him torn to pieces. 

as taehyung's best friend, it was his obligation to congratulate and wish him to be happy, but he couldn't. even as taehyung waved a hand before his face, he didn't budge. he didn't even feel guilty as he glared at the person who stole taehyung from him. 

because taehyung once promised,

"it's always gonna be you and i, no one else can come in between!"

 

 

in the back recess of his mind, jungkook knew his morals.

but he couldn't help himself. she was stealing taehyung away from him. and jungkook wasn't so keen to share something so precious. 

standing in the middle of the room, he toyed with the pocket knife in his hands, head tilting sidewards to let his eyes scan the blade more precariously. his eyes trail up to the girl tied up to a chair and unconscious, bound by thick ropes to keep herself upright. jungkook chuckled to himself at the sight, turning his back to her and facing the tray of different steel equipment shining against what small light illuminated the room.

he hummed softly before crinkling his nose and picking the smalles one; a needle with a black thread already hanging from it.

chuckling again to himself, he put the pocket knife he was holding earlier and turned back towards the still unconscious girl, taking small deliberate steps towards her. he reached a hand out to touch her soft skin, fingers curling around her chin and forcing her face up towards him. his eyes scanned her features, to him so disgusting and plain, but to taehyung, so delicate and cute.

the corner of jungkook's lips turn up in enjoyment at what he was about to do, a low hum resting down his throat. inching the needle closer to her pink lips, he inwardly snorted in glee.

taehyung had always said that she had such a beautiful voice.

would he still be able to hear it if jungkook sewed shut?

 

 

 

 

 


ty i know so sorry tho xx