You're the light when everything is dark.

It's not what it seems.

superthumb.jpg

In no way this chapter is based on real events.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Jimin isn't the type of person to break down easily, he's been through it all.

Bullying, Dissapointment, Dissatisfaction , Desperation, Rejection....

Just name it and he's been through it, now that doesn't make him weaker but it doesn't make him stronger either.

But he didn't let that bring him down instead he did worse...He let it eat him alive from the inside making him feel numb, worthless, and insecure.

When you've been through so much  that you turn into an emotional mess and constantly keep thinking the same things -Is there something wrong with me? Am I a weak person? Should I just dissappear?- over and over again. When you have no idea of what you are anymore and feel so empty that you try to hold on to the little things like hopes and dreams.

What was my dream again?

Jimin was a good person correction is a good person so you must be thinking -What did he do to deserve this?- the answer is nothing he didn't do anything to deserve this cruel yet delightful fate.

The funny thing is life finds creative ways to bend, break and mold you, nevertheless, the choice is yours to make and yours alone.

Since Jimin didn't want anyone to suffer like he did he only had one choice (or so he thought) - hide everything behind his smile- he got used to not letting others know how he felt unless it was extremely necessary. 

So no, Park Jimin isn't someone who breaks down easily.

---

One day, 12 year old Jimin was lazying around in the living room, he the television. There was a music show on and the one performing was none other than Rain.

As he layed his eyes on the screen there was something that lit the spark inside him, that small spark would eventually grow bigger and make him what he is today. As he watched the performance, his eyes started shining brighter and his mouth forming an 'o' shape, he was in awe. How could someone be able to convey his own feelings with his dance so easily and yet look cool doing it and in that moment, Jimin, decided he wanted to become a dancer.

He found his dream.

He first started by learning popping and as he graduated from middle school he begged his parents to let him enter the modern dance department in the Busan High School of Arts. Since then he trained mercilessly yet he still felt like he was lacking.

He felt empty, lacking, like something was missing.

So instead of dancing for fun and trying to improve slowly, he treated dance practice as a way to release his frustration and dissatisfaction with himself and his 'lack of improvement'.

He became addicted to practicing non-stop till exhaustion. He practiced so much the whole school called him the practice freak but that didn't stop him.

Everyone could see he was an exceptional dancer, but he couldn't see that.

Why am I not good enough?

His teacher was afraid that, at this pace, Jimin would hurt himself permantly.So he thought up a way to show him that he was already good enough and didn't need to kill himself practicing so aggressively.

Halfway through the 2nd term of jimin's 1st year in high school, his dance teacher suggested that he should audition for an entertainment company so he could see how good he actually was. Jimin agreed to it even though he still felt like he wasn't good enough.

He trained non-stop for 1 whole month.

As he walked into the audition room his hand were shaking and he was feeling extremly anxious, he had to sing and dance to 3 complete strangers. When he was singing his voice shook alot so he thought that he'd be rejected for sure.

But as he was dancing for the 3 judges he felt confident and like he didn't have a care in the world. He no longer felt the emptyness inside so for the rest of the audition he danced like his life depended on it.

2 weeks later he got letter he never thought he would ever receive.

"Mister Park Jimin,

        We are delighted to inform that you have sucessfully passed the audition, therefore, you are taken in as a trainee of Big Hit Entertainment. We encourage you to contact us through this number(xx-xxx-xxx) so we can make an appointment to discuss the contract terms.

 Thank you for your attention, Big Hit Entertainment® " 

He had never felt so happy in his life.

He was so focused in practicing he had forgotten why he wanted to dance in the first place.

He then at the age of 15 became a trainee.

Just when he felt like he had hit rockbottom, he found his light again.

---

He became good friends with Taehyung right away , they had the same age so it was a given and taehyung would always make him feel less burdenend.

Meeting Seokjin was great , right away he made him feel at ease.

Now the way he met the rapper line was the weirdest but it helped lighting up the atmosphere.

They had to get to know eachother and get  ready to debut  but somehow everyone was still a bit akward so they tried their best to keep it short in terms of interactions.

Jhope,Suga and Rap Monster were always together and a bit not so accepting of the new members.

"Are we really gonna be like this?"

"Yeah , they all seem like good kids." Hoseok nodded

"But they aren't...." 

"We know but we gotta move on if we wanna debut." Yoongi sighed.

"You're right...." Namjoon nodded aswell.

As they were walking towards the practice room, their manager stopped them.

"Where you going?"

"To the practice room?Why hyung?"

The manager nodded to himself and picked his phone up " Ah..Ok go in"

They all looked at eachother with faces like Isnt he acting weird? but they all dissmissed it because this was bighit the looney bin of the industry so why question their manager's weirdness.

As the 3 of them walked in they noticed someone was practicing inside.

It was Jimin.

As he moved his body to the sound of the beat, completly lost in his own world he didn't realise that someone came in.

Hoseok took an interest in Jimin the kid was good, well it was true he needed a bit of improvement but he was really good.

As the music ended jimin finally noticed them in the room making him self conscious and turn red.

Yoongi smiled, the  kid looked all tough and in control while dancing but when he stopped he turned back into this cute mess and suga found it cute.

The only one who hadn't fallen into jimin's charms was Namjoon, he admits it the  kid looks qualified and does give off the hip hop vibe but he needed more to decide if he's accept him in.

"Oh ah h-hyungs i'm sorry i'll leave" as he rushed to the door Hoseok stopped him.

"Wait ,that was really cool! I only have one problem that one transition you made during the 1st verse of the song wasn't quite smooth you need to work on that"

Jimin's eyes lit up , no one ever pointed any faults with his dance it was the first time anyone corrected him.

"I'm Hoseok, This is Yoongi and the dude that looks like he'll kill you is Namjoon" he reached out for a hand shake.

Jimin took his hand and smiled "Jimin.. i'm Jimin"

Jhope smiled and then proceeded to pinch jimin's cheeks.

"Who would of think that a kid as cute as you could dance like that"

Jimin turned red.

"True , you have talent kid" Yoongi winked.

"Thanks.."

They talked for a while and after they all got to know each other , namjoon realised that this kid would be a great addition to the team but was too embarrassed to say it.

He kept looking around and Hoseok noticed.

So Hoseok pinched Namjoons arm and glared at him.

"Ouch WHY THE HEl-" Hoseok glared at him again.

"Eugh , Fine!"

"Huh?"

"As the leader  i gotta say this .."

There was a brief pause, Yoongi and Hoseok smiling and jimin looking confused.

"Welcome to Bangtan"

 
방탄소년단

----------------

Hey guys sory this took me so long but i've been a bit busy and since i finished my vhope fic i can completly focus on this fic now , here's the 'ark' about jimin and next chapter we'll be back to current time and yiou guys will see why he hasn't visited kookie yet! Also dont worry this will have an happy ending!