Carnations and Thorns

You're my Blossom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your boss has a crush on my best friend.”

Mingyu looked up, only to have to look down again, eyes connecting with those of a certain pink haired boy’s. He swallowed his cake quickly, stunned by the sudden appearance of the (unjustly adorable) flower shop keeper. He cleared his throat before straightening and turning to the aformentioned pair who now seem to be immersed in small talk. Awkward small talk.

“Your best friend doesn’t seem to have a crush on my boss.” Mingyu observed before wrinkling his nose and pausing for a moment, only to extend his hand hesitantly. “Kim Mingyu.” He introduced. Jihoon looked at the hand in contemplation before taking it and giving it a firm shake (really, Mingyu was quite surprised at just how firm his grip was). “Lee Jihoon.” He followed, tilting his head to the side.

It took all of Mingyu’s will power not to swoop the boy into his arms and squeeze.

“You look twelve.” Mingyu blurted out and Jihoon couldn’t help but bristle at his observation. His lips set themselves in a firm line as he raised a brow. “I’m twenty.” He corrected, trying very much not to allow his temper to get the best of him. He was hoping to have this conversation segue into a flirtier tone, after all.

But then again, Jihoon didn’t do well with flirty.

Mingyu gasped as he took a step back. “You’re older than me?” Jihoon tried not to roll his eyes. “So I guess I’ll have to call you ‘hyung’ then, huh, hyung?” Mingyu concluded, flashing his pearly whites, his canines making it’s first appearance (and damn, if Jihoon didn’t think it ridiculously attractive).

“That is beside the point. What makes you say my best friend isn’t harboring a huge crush on Jeonghan in returm?” Jihoon said, crossing his arms over his chest. Mingyu’s expression sobered, moving his gaze back to Jeonghan who seemed to be scrambling for words and Seungcheol, who seemed perfectly at ease, almost to the point of obliviousness. “Look at him. It looks like he’s talking to the mailman.” Mingyu said, picking up his plate and taking a bite out of his (was it his third?) slice of cake. Jihoon followed his line of sight, sighing in exasperation as Seungcheol threw his head back in laughter.

“I see your point. But really though, Seungcheol isn’t the love at first sight type of guy.” Jihoon said. Mingyu let out a soft hum of understanding, watching Jeonghan shyly tuck a lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter