Nevermind

| Nevermind | (BTS OneShot)

I ran while only looking forward
without any chance to look around me

And I kept running towards uncertain destination. I was afraid and scared, all I knew was to go forward, go forward - those were the only words in my head. I fought with all my strength, I was blinded by that battle. Battle of life. I had clear image in front of my eyes. The stage, mic, people, shouting, rap, pride but I kept her out of that dreamy picture. I wanted to stay focused, I didn't realize she was supposed to be my window, my point of view. I just kept running.

at some point I became the pride of my family
and to some extent, I succeeded

I stopped running, I stopped and looked around myself. I saw it. The dream, but it was kind of blurry. Darkness of underground places, the only light was coming out of mind. My goals and dreams were like a lighthouse in the middle of rough sea. I tried to follow it no matter what.

suddenly the thought comes up
around the time of puberty

then, I was young and nothing scared me
a few setbacks, that really was nothing

I just ran away from her. I was careless, didn't give a second thought to love. Back then, consequences meant nothing, just some insignificant unimaginable thing in the far future. It was too far away to be that serious.

the things that changed, my height that's grown some since then
and compared to that age, I'm more mature
the basement in Namsa-dong, from that studio
my beat has been laid all the way to Apgujeong, the origin of youth

I built my own world, not forgetting my home. Just her, she is the memory I deleted the first time somebody bowed to me. When dreams were clearer and I forgot to look back. But now I can see a bigger picture. I can see success and failure at the same time. I can see fire and dark, white and black. Maybe I no longer need the lighthouse, but I need her.

everyone around me said it, don't go overboard
if you act like a know-it all thinking you're going to make music,
you'll destroy your home

Suddenly people started to push me, from side to side. "What have you done?" "Do you know where your place is?" I can hear it all in my head. Those questions bombarded me after every corner, after every turn, every achievement. They meant nothing, but why do they keep replaying in my mind now?

from that time I didn't care, no matter what anyone said
I'd only live for my interests and my passions

I burned down every bridge, it felt like putting part of my heart to deep sleep. And still I felt the most alive. Every inch of me was on fire, trembling sensation. Every time I stood on stage, people in front of me, looking and cheering. Did that help me forget for a long time? Could it be possible that I was eyeless and stupid?

from your point of view how am I doing now?
what I want to ask to the people who prayed for me to up
do I seem like I destroyed my home, you bastards?

I have succeeded. That's what matters the most. So go and shut your mouth. I'm standing on pedestal and looking down, seeing those who have tried to burn me down. They try to hide how much they adore me. They try to be strong but I hope they die a little inside every time they see me. As much as I die when I picture her...

I don't give a
I don't give a
like I said a hundred times a day
"don't worry about me"

I throw away those thoughts, I don't give a if she keeps hurting. I can be careless, I stand up, I'm closer to the sky that I had ever been. I'm flying high with wings I've built with my own determination. I can pat myself on the back and be proud. But then why do I feel so alone?