Promise Me

Promise Me

Laughter and squeals echoed around the practice room, where Taemin sat with his band, Shinee. They had just been informed that they would be debuting in 2 weeks and the five boys were beyond excited.

Suddenly, Taemin looked up and his eyes met his best friend, Jongin's, who looked away with a sour expression.

Jongin abrubtly stood up, grabbed his bag and dashed out the door, leaving behind a bewildered group of boys.

Jinki was first to break the thick silence.

"What wrong with him?" The question was met by a series of shrugs and 'I dunnos".

Taemin frowned. Jongin was completely fine a few minutes ago,laughing at the odd angles at which Taemin was intentionally dancing. What had happened?

"Hyung, you should know, you're his best friend." Another trainee, Sehun inquired, gazing at Taemin with curiosity.

Taemin shook his head and lifted himself off the floor, making his way to the door.

"Where are you going?" called Minho.

"Where do you think?" Came the faint answer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin had no idea exatly where he was going or why he had stormed out of the practice room.

He just remembered the odd, sick feeling in his stomach when he heard that his best friend woud be debuting soon. Without him. Without Jongin by his side. And what was even worse was that Taemin hadn't seemed bothered by that. Hadn't seemed bothered by the fact that their dream had been shattered. Their dream to be in one group. To be together. It broke Jongin's heart.

His footsteps quickened and he soon found himself in a familiar place. The back of the building held a huge patch of grass. Both Taemin and Jongin came here often, to get their minds of things. Exactly what Jongin needed to do right now.

He closed his eyes and tried to shrink the lump in his throat. He failed and instead tears began gathering in his eyes.

"Yah Jongin-ah! Why did you run away?" Footsteps thundered onto the pavement ,coming to a halt right in front of Jongin, where he stood, leaning against the wall.

"Jongin, is-is everything okay..." Taemin hesitantly asked.

When Jongin didn't answer or show any reaction, Taemin huffed in defeat. He hooked his hand under Jongins chin and pushed it up.

Jongin stared back at him, with red,puffy eyes and streaks of tears running down his cheeks. He tore himself away from Taemin and wiped furiously at his eyes.

"Hey..." Taemin said softly, moving closer. And closer. Until he was so close that almost every part of their bodies were touching.

He cupped his hands around Jongins cheeks and pushed his head up. His thumbs gently wiped away the remaining tears.

"Yah, aren't you happy for me? I'm finally going to debut." Taemin asked him teasingly.

"Without me." Jongin whispered quietly, hoping the latter hadn't heard him.

His hope was a fragile seed because the next moment, Taemin was laughing.

"That's why you were crying? Because we're not debuting together?" The light hearted way that Taemin took the whole sitation angered Jongin even more. He pushed Taemin away roughly.

"In case you have forgotten, it was our dream. Always has been. To debut together. And now you're spoiling it by debuting with another band."

The laughter had ceased to giggles and eventually a soft smile was the only thing that graced Taemin's features.

"Look Jongin, of course I remember our dream, but just because I'm debuting in another group doesn't been that it has to be crushed. We can still practice together and spend time with each other. And when you debut, we'll both be famous, and who knows? Maybe we could form a duo..." Jongin's eyes lit up at that and he nodded his head vigorously.

Taemin moved forward and intertwined Jongins large, calloused fingers with his small, delicate ones. He looked up at Jongin, their faces inches apart and smiled.

Jongin shyly returned the smile, the tips of his ears turning a soft pink.

"You'll see, I'm not going to be leaving your side for a long time."

A shaking pinky was held up  between them.

"Promise?" Jongin whispered, afraid that if he spoke any louder then the bubble would burst.

Taemin reached up and wrapped his pinky around the other. Then he leaned forward and pressed his forehead against Jongin's.

"Promise."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

So it wasn't exactly good but hey, I tried.

Did you guys see Taemins new single? Isn't it amazing? What did you guys think?

Anyhow, I hope you guys enjoyed that. Please leave comments.

Have a lovely day!!! And smile! :)

-Wisegirl_14