Part 1

Mending Our Broken Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mending Our Broken Melody (Part 1/2)

In a room that was painted ivory white, a young woman sat delicately on a piano bench and ran her fingers gently over the keys of the instrument before letting them fall in to an all too memorable harmony. As the music flowed through the air with it's haunting echo, the open windows carried with them the sounds of a broken heart. Her mind, although empty of thought, was filled with images of a brunette as they kissed under the moonlight, cuddled on their shared bed, exchanged rings, and ultimately went their separate ways. What had she done to deserve such a cruel fate? She began to play faster as her anger rose with the pestering emotions. Why had she allowed herself to be blinded by love? Her fingers were soon in a race with the keys as she poured her everything in to the beautiful and agonizing melody. Is this what it feels like to have your heart ripped out and stomped upon? Slamming her hands on the keys, she tilted her head towards the ceiling as she could no longer suppress the tears that had threatened to burst for so long. With the tears slipping down her pale cheeks, she turned to look through the window and catch glimpses of the happy world while she was trapped in the confines of her melancholy. Parting her lips to take in soft breaths, she whispered to herself, “I am, Kim Taeyeon, and I am the broken melody that was abandoned by its composer.” 

Flashback 

(6 Months Ago...)

“Taengoo~ You need to stop stressing yourself out over composing a new song! I know you're a famous singer and all but you need to rest,” scolded the brunette as she looked up from her magazine and focused her brown eyes on the older girl. 

“I know Sica, but I really need to get this done before my next concert if I want to be able to perform it,” pouted Taeyeon as she picked up her pencil and began to twirl it in her hand. Standing from her position on the bed, Jessica plopped herself on her fiances lap and placed a soft kiss on her lips. The older girl smiled before carrying her to their bed and laying her down upon it. Climbing on top of the brunette, Taeyeon peppered butterfly kisses on the younger girls face before opening to speak.

“Sica-yah~ I love you.” stated Taeyeon as a smile graced her face while she looked down at the love of her life. 

“Ne. I love you too yeobo.” grinned Jessica as she leaned forward for a kiss only to be interrupted by the sound of her ringtone. Lightly pushing Taeyeon off herself, Jessica checked the caller id before excusing herself and leaving the room to answer the call. Watching the younger girl walk out of their bedroom, Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders and dismissed it as a call from either work or a friend. Returning to her desk, Taeyeon began to write down lyrics that had come from her sudden burst of inspiration only to be startle by the sound of Jessica's voice 

“Taengoo, I'm going out for a bit. A coworker invited me to go shopping,” said the younger girl as she pulled her boots on, placed a quick kiss on the older girls face, and grabbed the car keys before rushing out the front door. Before she could even respond, Taeyeon found that her fiance had already left. Laughing at her loves enthusiasm for shopping, Taeyeon returned to her work with renewed vigor.

 

(3 Months Ago...)

“I'm soo sorry Taengoo! I thought I'd be able to make it home to spend time with you on your birthday but I'm stuck at work.” 

“Yea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter