prologue

step by step
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Nara-ah, can I come in?"

 

Hoseok was careful enough not to use the tone that will make her felt pitied as he knocked on the white door that led to his sister's room. Hearing no answer, the boy turned the knob slowly as the door creak opened. Despite the darkness in the room, he can see his sister sitting on the edge of the bed as she hugged her pillow tight, eyes staring at the empty space in front of her.

He slowly walked into the room, not forgetting to close the door again and the lights so that he can see the room better. Papers, books, cosmetics, clothes were thrown in every side of the room. The flower vase she used to put on top of her dresser was on the floor, broken into pieces. 

Hoseok carefully walked through the mess as he made his way to his sister and stood in front of her. Jung Nara was a mess, her eyes and nose were red, probably from crying too much. She was way too thin than when he visited the last time. He bent down to match her eye level and took both her hands in his warmer one, "How are you doing?"

The girl kept silent as she shifted her attention to her hands which were held by her brother. She didn't reply him. Hoseok rubbed the back of her hands with his thumbs, giving her a soothing feelings as he smiled softly, "Don't you miss your brother?" She bit on her lower lips before pulling off her hands from his grip, not saying anything while doing so.

 

The boy let out a small sigh but the soft smile never left his face, "Mom told me about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter