Chapter 2

More Than A Roommate

I went to the building where Mina's cousin was living. The lobby was grand, so I guessed the rent for an apartment was definitely not cheap. "Miss? Which unit are you going to?" The security guard in the lobby asked me.

"I am looking for Unit 1906."

"You may take the lifts on the right side.  They would stop at the odd number levels."

"Thank you." I bowed a little bit and went up to 19th floor.

-

"Coming!" I heard a man yelled after I rang the doorbell. When the door was opened, I saw a man grinned at me. He was just looked slightly older than me and a bit taller than me. "You must be Iris! Welcome in." He let me go in the flat. It was large, larger than my flat in Hong Kong.  I wandered around the flat, and everything was fine. "Let me show you the bedrooms." He led me to the master room, which was a big one with a double bed placed in the middle of the room. "This is my room. And the room across is yours." It was a guest room with a single bed against the wall and a table in front of the window. A pretty large closet was on the other side of the room. The room was perfect for me to stay. It was warm and cozy, I really like it.

"It is really a nice place, I like it. But how much will be the rent?" Such a great room in such a nice building, it must not cheap. At least I expected.
 
"Mina has told me about your financial situation. You can share a smaller portion than mine since you are using the guest room." He showed me a price which was affordable for me and we quickly made a deal. "Oh sorry! I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Lee Jung Hwan but I prefer others to call me Sandeul." Another big grin was showed on his face.

-

I have moved my luggage in the unit at the dawn and started to exchange our backgrounds at dinner time. "you are studying biochemistry, right?" He asked me. I nodded. "I am a chemistry student. Year 3."

"I sorry but… you don't look like one."

"Oh how come!" He pouted.

"Haha you look like a duck when you pout. A cute one." I gave him a smile, hoping him would not misunderstanding.

"You are so smart. My nickname is ducky deullie." We both laughed. "I heard my cousin said you are not Korean. And I thought I have to speak English all the time, which my English is bad."

"Well, I come from Hong Kong and my Korean is not good too."

"You come from Hong Kong, so you definitely know Mandarin!" I nodded again and tilted my head, being curious why he was asking such a question. "Finally I can ask someone whenever I get a question for my Chinese class!" He was so excited, liked a child tasting ice cream.

After we finished the dinner, he went to the sink and started to wash the dishes. "Wait Sandeul ssi. I should wash the dishes since you have made the dinner already."

"It's okay. And you don't need to be so formal. Just call me Sandeul oppa."

"Sandeul… oppa.." I blushed a bit when I said oppa. It was the first time I called someone oppa ever since I was born. All boys in my class were born in the same year or half year younger than me, so I didn't call anyone oppa before. He ruffled my hair and I got blushed even more.

-

Well I have to admit that I was a realistic, rational girl when I was normal. But when it came to romance, I always think too much, just too much. But then, my rationality told me that we just met a few hours before. It was just a simple action. Don't think too much!

-

It was already two months since I moved in here. We had got along with each other well and used to others habit and jokes. We are quite match in personality, at least to me. He always smile, laugh so loud and pout like a cute duckie when I held my laughter from his joke. Maybe… that is something weird happened in my heart… hehe:)