Silence

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence * Prologue

 

The library was silent, something that he always liked when the camera didn’t occupy a single room, secluded away from other public matters, camera lights flashing furiously, catching each and every angle of his face. Taekwoon hummed a familiar tune as he looked around, eyes scanning through different genres of books, furrowing his eyes at some as if he was quite interested in them. Taekwoon didn’t like books, exactly. Maybe it was the authors he didn’t like. Authors—they were always bending a tale too much, curving the truth and turned it into a rumor. He should know about it, he’s a celebrity after all. 

 

Taekwoon strolled around, hands clasped behind his back, bending down to look at some of the books he was actually curious about due to his drastically tall height. After flipping through the pages of the old book, Taekwoon put it back where it was originally, standing back up to continue on. He was quite surprised to bump into something hard and moving like it was on wheels of some type. 

 

A small giggle could be heard, followed by a smooth and clear voice—almost like chocolate. “Oh, I’m sorry.” The voice stated and Taekwoon looked down, surprised to see a boy, probably around his age strolling through the library shelves on a wheelchair. And yet, he still smiled brightly, more than Taekwoon could ever pull. “I’m used to people bumping into me. I’m kinda short.” He chuckled, covering up his laugh with the back of his hand. Taekwoon only nodded, focusing back onto the books. 

 

However, he didn’t expect for the conversation to continue, “You like to read?” The boy asked, eyes wide with curiosity, brown chocolate orbs glimmering like a small puppy. And Taekwoon actually liked puppies. Hearing no answer, the boy continued, “I like to read, too. It helps me escape from my own life and spend time with someone else’s.” 

 

The boy pursed his lips, waiting for a reply from Taekwoon. However, the taller blonde was in no mood to talk. This was a library, you were supposed to be quiet in a library, aren’t you? “I’m Hakyeon,” Taekwoon looked down, “And you?” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter