Wish

Wish

"Done!" Changmin finished putting the star topper on top of their Christmas tree. Climbing down the ladder, he took one giant step back and gazed upon the beautifully decorated 10 foot tree.

"Great job MinMin!" Yoochun patted his back giving him a warm smile.

"Yea its beautiful." Junsu came and stood by Min's other side.

"Psh. I could've done better." Jaejoong touched a branch smiling. "Nice job maknae."

Changmin smiled widely hearing his hyung's compliment his hard work.

"Thank you hyungs!"

The three boys smiled and gazed upon the tree.

Changmin quietly stood back watching as his three hyungs begin to laugh, brightening the room.

Jaejoong was getting after Yoochun for eating his cookies.

"Yah! Those are for Santa! Not you! Spit them out!" Jae was chasing Chun around the house while Junsu was laughing his off sneaking the rest of Jaejoong's cookies.

It's just like old times.

Min thought to himself still watching with happy and joyful tears starting to form.

As the sudden rush of cold wind and snow blew into the front door, Changmin's thoughts were interrupted.

"Hey Min, we got a package!" Yunho came in bundled up and holding a package.

Changmin looked around and tears came streaming down. It was just my imagination.

Yunho lightly stumbled placing the box onto the dinning table.

"Shall we open it?"

Yunho turned to notice that his maknae was crying. He rushed over.

"Min? Changmin what's wrong?" Yunho had worry in his voice.

The sniffling maknae wiped his runny nose with the back of his shirt.

"Nothing hyung."

"Don't lie to me."

"It's just....I wish that the other hyungs were here to celebrate Christmas with us. Like how we used too."

Yunho slightly looked down.

"Yea me too...but we can still do what we used to together. Just the two of us."

Min shook his head.

"Ani hyung. It won't be the same."

Changmin disappeared into the kitchen bringing out a plate of cookies and a glass of milk, placing it on the nightstand near the tree.

Just like how Jae hyung would do....

Min's eyes started to tear up again, making his vision go blurry.

Yunho sighed and finished helping decorate the house.

He pulled out a box filled with Christmas decorations, taking out the multi-colored garland. Upon retrieving it, three little stockings fell out of the box. Yunho noticed and dropped the garland, picking up the three stockings.

He smiled slightly reading the names of his former members written on the white part of the stocking. I miss them. This Christmas won't be the same without them. He sighed, carefully hanging the three stockings in there rightful place by the fire place.

Forgetting about the package on the dinning table, the two boys decided to go out for a night around the town.

Before closing the door, Changmin took a last look at the living room, memories of all five of them laughing and singing by the fire appeared then disbursed and vanished into thin air.

I wish.....just for one thing this Christmas. I wish we all can be together for this Christmas. Just one night would be great. Sigh.

"Min hurry! I'm freezing!" Yunho yelled shivering in the car.

Changmin closed the door and locked it.

After the car left, a sudden mysterious wind appeared shaking and rattling the package. The entire room became engulfed with a bright light. The light changed colors and spread throughout the town followed by wind.

Yunho and Changmin wre walking downtown when the wind hit them.

"Whoa! It suddenly got chilly!" Yunho hugged himself.

Changmin looked back at the direction the wind came from. "Yea, that was weird."

Christmas Eve in the evening

"Aw hyung, I wanted to the spoon!" Changmin pouted watching Yoochun eating the batter from the spoon.

"Sorry MinMin." He the spoon. "It's my turn to get sick after eating this."

Junsu hit Yoochun's head and took away the spoon.

"My spoon!" Chun whined and sniffled.

Junsu rolled his eyes washing off the spoon. "You're going to complain that your stomach hurts later and I don't want to hear it."

Yoochun pouted and sat on the reclining chair with crossed arms.

"Mean SuSu." He mumbled.

"Aw hyung." Changmin came and sat on his lap patting Chun's head.

Changmin stare off into space remembering, yet again, what his hyungs and him would do. He walked and sat on the exact same chair Yoochun did when he pouts. Min's hands gently caressed the arm rest, tears slowly coming down again.

"Why. Why did this have to happen? Why am I forced to remember what it was like back then? Why can't I forget?" He began to cry more. "Jae hyung. Su hyung. Chun hyung...I miss you...Please come back! Just for this day!" Min placed his face into his hands letting the tears come.

Eventually Changmin fell asleep and the mysterious wind came back. The unopened package that still laid on the table rattled again. Throughout the house, a strange, magical thing was going to happen.

"Min." He was gently shook. "Changmin wake up. It's Christmas!"

Changmin opened his eyes and stretched. "Oh..."

Yunho ran to get his present for Min from under the tree. "Here! Merry Christmas my very tall maknae!"

Changmin took the present and smiled. "Thank you hyung."

He opened it to find a brand new multi-colored scarf and mittens.

"Hope you like them"

"Love them hyung."

Yunho smiled.

"Wait! I need your present! Stay here!" Min got up and ran to get Yunho's present. "Here hyung!"

Yunho took it and opened it.

"Oh! It's the headphones I wanted! How did you know!"

Changmin smiled.

"What is this?! You're opening presents without us?!"

Both Yunho and Changmin turned around to see Junsu wearing his duck pajamas.

"H-hyung?!"

Yoochun came in yawing and stretching. "What's with all the noise?"

Junsu ran to Chun and hugged his arm being dramatic.

"Its horrible Yoochun! HoMin opened their presents without us!! Oh! what a world!!" Junsu placed the back of his hand on his forehead pretending to faint.

Yoochun rolled his eyes dropping Su on the floor and gliding to his favorite chair.

“Don’t make so much noise SuSu its too early.” Yoochun yawned again and began to closes his eyes.

Junsu pouted and grabbed the nearest cushion and threw it at his very lazy member.

Yoochun, without opening his eyes, caught the pillow and hugged it.

“Nice try SuSu.” He smirked opening one eye seeing dolphin boy glare. “I love you, my adorable dolphin.” Chun shaped his fingers into a heart and showed it to Junsu.

All the while Yunho and Changmin stood there gawking in disbelief.

Changmin shook his head and blinked several times. “It’s just another dream. I’ll wake up from it.”

Yunho glanced at his maknae with questioning eyes.

“Yah! What in the world is going in here?” Jaejoong came in mixing batter in a bowl.

“Jae hyung! Its horrible! HoMin opened their presents without us!! Oh what a-” Junsu was cut off by Chun’s hand over his loud mouth.

“Sssshhhhh you’re too loud, hush.”

Junsu glared at the intruder who was covering his mouth. Then unexpectedly, Su bit the hand that was over his face.

o.o “OWIE!!!” Yoochun quickly pulled his hand away and held it to his chest. “He bit me!!!”

Junsu smirked. “That’s what you get!”

“But I didn’t do anything! I thought dolphins were suppose to be nice.” Chun retreated back to his chair and began to sulk.

Su rolled his eyes. “Psh. Baby.”

“J-Jae?!” Yunho’s eyes were huge at the sight of his best friend.

Jae turned his attention to the two that were still standing like statues.

“Yes Yunho?”

Yunho was at a loss for words. Nothing came out no matter how big he made his mouth.

I. I can’t believe it. They are actually here! No matter how long I’m waiting for this torturous dream to end, it doesn’t.

Min said in his mind as he saw his two hyungs.

Jae got closer to the leader and gently placed an arm on his shoulder.

“Hey, are you alright? Both of you?” Jae looked worriedly at the two men who were still in shock.

Min held out his hand and poked the cheek of Jaejoong. It seems real. He poked it again and with two hands pinched his hyungs cheeks.

“Yah Changmin, what are you doing?” Jae said as his face was being squished.

The maknae began to tear up.

“Changmin? Why are you crying?” His hyung looked at him concerned.

Min shook his head and smiled looking at his three hyungs that he thought he would never see again.

“Ani hyung, I’m not crying. There tears of joy.” He hugged Jae tightly, tears still rolling down his cheeks.

Jae hugged back without saying anything. Yunho joined in as well even if he still couldn’t understand how his best friend and band mates were here right in front of him.

“Aw. I want a hug too!” Junsu jumped in snuggling.

“Hey! Don’t forget me!” Yoochun squeezed in between Su and Yun.

The five of them stood there for the longest time till the smell of sweet burning filled the house.

“Is something burning?” Yunho said sniffing the air.

“HOLY !! THE COOKIES!!” Jae pushed everyone away and ran to the kitchen cursing.

The guys started to laugh and began to open each others presents.

After each member opened their presents, they all gathered by the grand piano near the Christmas tree to do what they always did when Christmas was coming to an end. However, for this particular day, it was different.

Jaejoong sat in the middle of the bench and placed his hands on the keys looking at Junsu and Yoochun who were sitting on either side of him smiling.

Yunho stood behind his best friend, gently resting his hands on his shoulders, waiting for him to play while Changmin stood beside his leader hyung radiating a smile as well.

Jae began to play the piano filling the room with wonderful music.

All three members that were sitting on the bench, started to sing harmoniously.

“Surely, we will meet again someday.
I think of you every time I close my eyes.
(You’re my everything)
It’s still only natural for you to be here.


For now, I only wish for you to be happy.
As we imagine our future,
We will climb our stairs one by one.
I’m waiting for you.”


As JYJ continued to sing smiling, the other two members listened tears forming around the rims of their eyes.

“I still believe,
That the words murmured
To the stars floating in the night sky
Was not goodbye.

Under the same sky, drawing the same dream,
We will continue to search for that W.
It will always shine in that shape, so
Keep in mind that I love you.”

Slowly but surely, Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu gradually began to fade away.

Yunho lightly squeezed Jae’s shoulders as to see if he was still there.

“I miss you

Surely, we will meet again someday.
I think of you every time I close my eyes.
(You’re my everything)
It’s still only natural for you to be by my side.

Until we meet again someday,
I will be protecting your place for you.
(You’re my love)
Because I believe that we will be able to smile together once more.

(Your smiles again)”

Once the song had finished, JYJ was no longer insight. Yunho and Changmin could not fight the tears that they were holding in.

“Hyungs! We love you too!” Changmin tightly hugged his hyung crying hard into his chest wetting his shirt.

Yunho wrapped his arms around his maknae sobbing uncontrollably.

“We will meet again. The legendary FIVE will be back. That is a promise!”

For what seemed like an eternity of crying, the two members felt relieved and happy.

“This was the best Christmas. My wish came true!”

Yunho gave Min a smile and nodded in agreement.

“It sure was.”

As Min was cleaning, he spotted the box that still laid on the table unopened.

“Oi hyung what’s this?”

Yunho walked to where the maknae was.

“Oh it’s the package we got. Want to open it?”

“Oh? Who is it from?” Changmin inspected it curiously shaking it.

“Yah, don’t shake it it could be fragile and I don’t know it doesn’t say from who.”

“Then I shall open it!”

Changmin carefully tore open the box letting out a sudden but small breeze out. The men looked at each other before peeking into the box.

“What is it?” Yunho said inquisitively.

Min took out a small snow globe that had five happy boys together.

“It’s a snow globe! Cute.”

“Oh look,” Yunho pointed to the boys in it. “doesn’t that look a lot like us?”

Min brought the trinket closer to his face and looked at the little people.

“Ne it does…that is weird…”

He kept staring at the globe when it lit up.

“Whoa! Did you see that hyung!? It lit up!!”

Yunho then noticed an inscription at the base of the globe that was not there before.

“Look Min,” he pointed to the writing. “it says ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH.”

They looked at each other for a moment before smiling.

“Where should we put it?”

“Here.”

Yunho took the snow globe and placed it on top of the fire place where all the pictures of the boys were.

“Perfect! It fits right in!”

Changmin and Yunho smiled more staring at the globe once more before returning their attention back to their work.

My wish finally came true….Jae hyung, Su hyung, and Chun hyung…wherever you are….know that we are always looking at the same sky…and we will meet again.

Changmin looked up at the night sky resting his arms on the balcony rail. We keep the faith eternally…Before retreating back inside, the stars resembled the shape of a W glowing. Min smiled. Always and forever.

 


ello ^^ what did you guys think? good? In case you don't know the song is W by JYJ I love that song! Makes me cry D: well n e ways thanks for reading have a merry xmas :D

and I love them together as FIVE!! just saying :P

-MinniMoon